Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

I uninstalled the game since Prophecy announcement(more Lab). If nothing is done regarding the Lab in 2.4, POE will definitly be dead for me.
"
Xtorma wrote:
Like I stated before, if they do remove ascendancy from the lab it won't effect me at all, and I am all for everyone being happy.( although I am not naive enough to think that they will not just move their crusade over to something else, some people will never be happy) There is a small part of my wicked personality that would love to see how many of these crusaders actually follow through on their threats to leave.

A lot of games are going to take a hit here soon, as No Man's Sky is dropping.

To a point, I can agree with this sentiment. Some will always find stuff to complain about. On the other hand, I think Lab really is one of those issues that goes beyond the scope of "forum crusaders" and their endless complaints. It really is a problem.

Speaking for myself, there are a few things that really bother me about this game:

1. Lab (Obviously). This one is actually bad enough that I haven't actively played since about two weeks after Prophecy released. This is mostly due to the anti-alt elements of it.

2. The game has many elements that make it feel like a solo game, or rather, anti-community/anti-multiplayer. This alone wouldn't keep me from playing, but it does hurt the experience.

3. Trade. This used to be a much bigger deal to me until poe.trade became the norm. I always found there to be an odd contradiction in design to have so many anti-multiplayer elements in the game and then balance it around trade. Either way, this doesn't keep me from playing either. It's just something I would like to see improvements on.

There are other, smaller things, and none of those would keep me from playing, so I can honestly say that Lab really is the make-or-break element of this game for me right now, and I'm just lingering around until I see what 2.4 brings.

If they do nothing to fix the issue, I probably won't be playing next League--or any others until they fix it--unless I just want an occasional nostalgia fix and play one character to high level before I quit again. It goes without saying that I have no reason to buy anything from their store any more if I'm not going to be playing, so they will be losing a customer as well as a player if that is the case. That's no idle threat either, and I'm not trying to hold my spending hostage over Lab fixes. It's just fact. If I don't enjoy the game enough to play it a lot, I won't have a reason to spend on it.

Regardless of the skewed "minority/majority" view that some of this forum's WKs hold over the issue, there are lots of people who share these sentiments, and it only hurts GGG to lose us this way.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:
Like I stated before, if they do remove ascendancy from the lab it won't effect me at all, and I am all for everyone being happy.( although I am not naive enough to think that they will not just move their crusade over to something else, some people will never be happy) There is a small part of my wicked personality that would love to see how many of these crusaders actually follow through on their threats to leave.

To a point, I can agree with this sentiment. Some will always find stuff to complain about. On the other hand, I think Lab really is one of those issues that goes beyond the scope of "forum crusaders" and their endless complaints. It really is a problem.

guys, people have already followed through. Look at the numbers. Hc suffered from lab. It's a fact.

That's the main thing that's bothering me. I'm ranting myself not because I'm bothered that much about the traps, I'm ranting because I see it's about the trap mechanics (which are terrible no questions asked, but digestable) and don't wan't hc people to leave.

About the people that will never be happy and forum crusades is all time job for them, you should pay attention, because it turns out it actually also works the other way around. There are tons of fanboys that will crusade against the crusaders even though they have no solid argument.

So just as some people will attack the game for the sake of attacking, some people will defend for the sake of defending.

tldr: Hc pop is suffering. Trap mechanics is the issue. Struggle is real.
"
Razis wrote:
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:

guys, people have already followed through. Look at the numbers. Hc suffered from lab. It's a fact.

That's the main thing that's bothering me. I'm ranting myself not because I'm bothered that much about the traps, I'm ranting because I see it's about the trap mechanics (which are terrible no questions asked, but digestable) and don't wan't hc people to leave.

About the people that will never be happy and forum crusades is all time job for them, you should pay attention, because it turns out it actually also works the other way around. There are tons of fanboys that will crusade against the crusaders even though they have no solid argument.

So just as some people will attack the game for the sake of attacking, some people will defend for the sake of defending.

HC suffers far more from other "facts" but completely ignore those because it is convenient for you.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
And is it too hard to present those other "facts"?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Razis wrote:
"
Albinosaurus wrote:

HC suffers far more from other "facts" but completely ignore those because it is convenient for you.

"
Pyrokar wrote:
And is it too hard to present those other "facts"?

I'd love to see those other facts too. Even though they would be coming form a guy that clearly doesn't care about hc.

btw in case you missed it, it's not convenient to me. I stated multiple times I'm cool with traps the way they are. Those are shamefully bad mechanics, but I won't personally quit because of them. Would be cool if you started to listen. Unless you can't. (seems like you're unable tbh.)

/edit: I just hope GGG can.
Last edited by Razis on Aug 4, 2016, 12:48:12 PM
"
Razis wrote:

I'd love to see those other facts too. Even though they would be coming form a guy that clearly doesn't care about hc.

btw in case you missed it, it's not convenient to me. I stated multiple times I'm cool with traps the way they are. Those are shamefully bad mechanics, but I won't personally quit because of them. Would be cool if you started to listen. Unless you can't. (seems like you're unable tbh.)

/edit: I just hope GGG can.

I've said it a number of times, but I guess I gotta repeat myself.

Fact 1 performance last league was utter shit, it cause many deaths that was simply "unfair and unfun"
Fact 2 some popular streamers alternate leagues, its only "right" to assume they have a playerbase that follows them
Fact 3 There are no differences anymore between the leagues, one is "one death" while the other is not.
Fact 4 Economy, while the SC economy is shit the HC economy is shit too, in HC you might sell items and make ok amount of currency, but the exalt ratio is "too low" for the exalts to be special and saving up for a larger item can be "too costly"

The fact is you think the lab has even a slight merit compared to the rest of these proves how your attention span is short.

HC players want CHALLENGE LEAUGES, not free fucking loot pinatas, there was a very good reason why the leagues were different, with the leagues being the same GGG cant push the content to be difficult in SC temp league or the people that can't handle it will quit. These "optional" leagues are fucking terrible, its like a new ladder reset with no other inventive to play, it goes against the very foundation that the game was based upon. Challenge leagues are there to test invasive content for the core of the game. Anarchy (exiles), beyond, nem, bloodlines even.

But yeah its totally the lab, these other factors can't possibly be more important and play a much larger role in the picture.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
You mean other facts like no data from when they stopped having separate challenges and rewards for hardcore players? You can't blame anything on the lab without knowing the numbers from Talisman (pre lab + combined challenge league). You're just seeing the correlation you want to see instead of being objective and acknowledging your conclusion is not based on any factual data.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 4, 2016, 1:09:06 PM
Those can be (and in fact are) factors, but Lab is the biggest problem. Simple as that.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
Those can be (and in fact are) factors, but Lab is the biggest problem. Simple as that.
Yes, you've proven that with all those numbers you've quoted. I stand correctd.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info