Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Except there are safe spaces in it, did you seriously just neglect the fact that doing that room as intended has no safe spaces when you were just told how to do it properly ?

"It has no safe spaces, let me completely ignore the mechanics and complain about it!" - Literally you right now.

First: Yea, ignore the rest of my post

Second: A safe space is a place, where a trap can't reach you. That means you could stay there for 1 hour without dying. In that trap-layout however, that's just no possible. You either have to run through, or go over the spiketrap, walk in the way where the sentry drone flies until the next line of spikes walls are down and keep going then until you went over the 6 rows of spikes traps and sentry drones.
Cheeeerrrry picking now out of desperation.

Safe space is wherever you dont take damage from traps.

Edit - Yes, i did ignore the rest of the post. Subjective opinions arent objective facts. I dont care if people personally dislike labyrinth or not. Im looking at the facts of the matter, which is, nothing is wrong about the labyrinth and the only two legitimate complaints that arent subjective opinions is the fact that Disconnecting or Crashing forces you to restart it, both of which are entirely technical issues and theres no way to implement a recovery system that people wont abuse.

Talks about cherry-picking...

"
See the thing about "Frogger" is you have one life if you soo much as touch anything that would kill you. Not the case for Labyrinth. The point could be made if any trap oneshot you but they dont.

Total hypocrisy. Really hard to take this guy seriously.

---

"
mark1030 wrote:
That was the point I was trying to make. All the complaints are pretty much the same complaint. Here are your 7 listed complaints:
1. Traps
2. Performance issues (which I conceded was a valid concern)
3. AC points require it
4. Traps
5. Traps
6. Dangerous and might die
7. Boring

All except 2 and 3 are subjective and boil down to not liking the gameplay in it. Some of your complaints are even contradictory. Seems like boring and dangerous are opposites to me.

You can try to oversimplify it and attach whatever fallacies you want, but the bottom line is that it's not okay to put something so important to character development behind something so divisive (and not optional). Lots of players are quitting because of this--as has been testified to across many, many threads--and a f2p model requires that it gets as many players as it can to be sustainable. GGG is shooting themselves in the foot by leaving this as is, and it doesn't matter if you think it's fine or if you dislike the complaints against it.

There's something else that the people who oppose Lab changes haven't considered too. The people who leave because of it, and whose friends leave for the same reasons, will tell people who haven't played the game all the things that made them quit. Word of mouth is how f2p indie games even compete against AAA giants, and something this divisive will indirectly prevent players from coming to the game in the first place.

It's ironic that they don't want to split the player base across several leagues (all of whom would be actively playing), but they are okay with something like this which splits the player base between people who play and people who won't.

---

"
NeroNoah wrote:
Labyrinth complaints will go the way of experience penalty threads.

If you mean to imply that GGG isn't going to do anything about it and just wait for the complaints to go away, that's an awful outcome for the game, because it means they will have lost a ton of players.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Safe space is wherever you dont take damage from traps.

You are the one cherry picking. I bring in an argument (trap squences without safe places), other people(!) bring you proof for the argument I gave and you just dont accept that and bring in a definition that doesnt exist and doesnt make sense. How can a place be called a safe space when you could die at that specific place if you would stand still? That's like saying a spiketrap would be a safe space, because the moment the spikes are down it is "safe". Or like saying a street is a safe space for your children as long as they avoid any cars that drive by... I guess you do understand how flawed your definition is, but I really wonder if you can just accept that now...

That said: It makes more sense to say a safe space is a place where you can stand without every dying, where no trap can reach you. And my described trap squence has no such safe place. Furthermore, there are also many trap sequences where it's not easy to see where you can stand without getting hit by traps and in some cases, the traps themselves are hard to see (lighting, ground texture-color, visual effects etc.).
No, im not cherry picking. lol

"Its not safe space unless i can sit here and take no damage at all" - You

Thats not what safe space is.

Oh really? Ok, lets go along with the definition thing. I tried to google what a "safe space" is. The best definition I found so far, that would kinda fit in our situation, is this one:

http://safespacenetwork.tumblr.com/Safespace

"A Safe Space is a place where anyone can relax and be able to fully express, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe on account of biological sex, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious affiliation, age, or physical or mental ability."

Sadly I didnt find a definition of safe space for games (I really wonder where you got your definition from). But what this definition tells is, that a safe space must guarentee the person to be able to relax and that the person doesnt have to fear any kind of threat. In our case, that would be traps. So if I stay in your so called "safe space" the sentry drone would run over me and kill me. I HAVE to move in that trap layout, or I die (unless Im a juggernaut). You are free to post definitions from other pages as well, good luck with that.
"Total hypocrisy" loled

Do you even know what that word means ? Clearly you dont if you think thats hypocrisy. Meanwhile here you are ignoring facts. Maybe you should actually play frogger before giving the shitty copy pasta meme comparison.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
AceNightfire wrote:

Oh really? Ok, lets go along with the definition thing. I tried to google what a "safe space" is. The best definition I found so far, that would kinda fit in our situation, is this one:

http://safespacenetwork.tumblr.com/Safespace

"A Safe Space is a place where anyone can relax and be able to fully express, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe on account of biological sex, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious affiliation, age, or physical or mental ability."

Sadly I didnt find a definition of safe space for games (I really wonder where you got your definition from). But what this definition tells is, that a safe space must guarentee the person to be able to relax and that the person doesnt have to fear any kind of threat. In our case, that would be traps. So if I stay in your so called "safe space" the sentry drone would run over me and kill me. I HAVE to move in that trap layout, or I die (unless Im a juggernaut). You are free to post definitions from other pages as well, good luck with that.
>tumblr

>SJW definitions

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:

You can try to oversimplify it and attach whatever fallacies you want, but the bottom line is that it's not okay to put something so important to character development behind something so divisive (and not .
But that's a separate complaint from hating the lab. If you hate the lab, it's not because the ascendency altar is at the end of it. You wouldn't suddenly like the lab if they moved the altar out of there.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 24, 2016, 2:51:38 PM
I like how Siochan is suddenly pushing all the lab threads, this doesn't seems artificial at all and show how big the community of lab haters are.
Not sure a safe place has to be a permanent stationary safe place. Is a crosswalk a safe place to cross the street? Yes. But not permanently. Just when you have the green light.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
IceDeal wrote:
I like how Siochan is suddenly pushing all the lab threads, this doesn't seems artificial at all and show how big the community of lab haters are.
Maybe siochan is casual ascent, he just deleted his account after getting probated the other day and now suddenly siochan is posting like a mad man. Not to say theyre same people but i wouldnt be surprised if they were.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
Maybe siochan is casual ascent, he just deleted his account after getting probated the other day and now suddenly siochan is posting like a mad man. Not to say theyre same people but i wouldnt be surprised if they were.

Just gonna leave this here for further stats studies

http://imgur.com/afZokn7
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 24, 2016, 2:58:28 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Not sure a safe place has to be a permanent stationary safe place. Is a crosswalk a safe place to cross the street? Yes. But not permanently. Just when you have the green light.
Exactly. This is why definitions of safety exclude any form of permanency, because youre never truly safe, youre presently safe.

Im safe in my house, that doesnt mean a meteor from space couldnt come crashing down and kill me, or a plane randomly falling from the sky, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info