Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The problem with this statement though bro, is this isnt a finished product, you cant say what does or doesnt belong in "the original" game because the game itself is under constant development and it isnt a finished product.

Thats like saying that CB where you took 10 minutes to kill one pack and had the shittiest gear imaginable at all times is "classic path of exile" and soo nothing currently belongs in the game.

The game was about killing stuff right from the start for many many years by now. Just because the speed shifted a little bit doesnt mean the basic gameplay changed. The gameplay was perfectly in line with the whole aRPG genre. The whole trap-gameplay on the other side is something completely different which was never seen in an aRPG before, because it's a different genre.

Its not a different genre, ive said this a million times before multiple other arpgs have traps in them, but thats still besides the point. The game is an unfinished product and we have no right to say what is and isnt path of exile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecy0HvoYYeM

Torchlight 2

And of course one of the most popular arpgs to exist, diablo has them.

It is a different genre, I've said this a million times before, a few traps here and there do not make it trap gameplay. It is still arpg gameplay with some traps in it. When you have screens full of traps then the gameplay is trap gameplay not arpg gameplay. This is a different genre, more like mario or frogger.

We are individuals and have every right to our opinion no matter what you say or think. When a game we love adds content that is horrible, tedious, irritating, and not fun then we have every right to come here to the Feedback and Suggestions forum and share our opinion no matter what you say or think.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
mark1030 wrote:
Ok, what are your reasons? Do they have anything to do with what happens between the time you enter the lab until the time you leave it? Or do they have to do with what you get at the end? If they removed what you get at the end, would you suddenly like the part between entering the lab and leaving it?

Reasons:

1. I dont like dodging traps which ignore parts of my character build.
2. I dont like it because I need a perfect stable internet connection for 30 minutes to get through lab unharmed (=without being killed)
3. I dont like that the lab offers extremely different content that is forced on me, since I cant ignore AC points
4. I dont like it because I dont think this kind of trap-gameplay doesn't belong into a classic aRPG (PoE was the definition of being a classic aRPG)
5. I dont like it because I have to fight Izaro with a room full of traps that hurt like a truck if you're not playing a juggernaut.
6. I dont like it because the whole lab is just to risky for like 80% of the builds and that's why many people buy runs to get their AC points.
7. I dont like it because I always feel bored when doing the lab 30 minutes. 30 minutes I could spend being on a map and farm stuff and trying out my build. And I have to do it 4 times with each character I make, huray...

Hell, there are probably many more reasons, but those are enough I guess.

Removing the AC points from lab wouldn't let me stop hating the lab, but it would be perfectly optional content then. And this would enable me to ignore the lab completely and therefore it wouldn't be an issue for me anymore.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Its not a different genre, ive said this a million times before multiple other arpgs have traps in them, but thats still besides the point. The game is an unfinished product and we have no right to say what is and isnt path of exile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecy0HvoYYeM

Torchlight 2

And of course one of the most popular arpgs to exist, diablo has them.

No ones saying that traps dont belong into aRPG. It's the way the traps are deployed. Sometimes rooms full of traps and you cant even see the ending. You cant predict the trap layout since you can't see them, so you have to go in and hope the trap layout ends very soon or that it is easy to predict while you're navigating through. Your video just shows a level with some scattered traps. Deadly, yes, but easily avoidable. That's the difference.
Last edited by AceNightfire on Jul 24, 2016, 1:26:31 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
It is a different genre, I've said this a million times before, a few traps here and there do not make it trap gameplay. It is still arpg gameplay with some traps in it. When you have screens full of traps then the gameplay is trap gameplay not arpg gameplay. This is a different genre, more like mario or frogger.

Can you link the paragraph in the International Association of Video Games bylaws that defines aRPG and sets a limit on the number of traps allowed to qualify for the genre?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Can you link the paragraph in the International Association of Video Games bylaws that defines aRPG and sets a limit on the number of traps allowed to qualify for the genre?
Its hilarious really. Award winning ARPGS are somehow "no longer in that genre" when its brought to attention they had traps in them.

These kids have never played a single platformer and yet theyre comparing a platformer to an arpg saying the gameplay is the same.

Their opinion is immediate invalidated with such hilariously poor comparisons. But i guess i shouldnt expect much from people who literally complain for a living.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
AceNightfire wrote:

No ones saying that traps dont belong into aRPG. It's the way the traps are deployed. Sometimes rooms full of traps and you cant even see the ending. You cant predict the trap layout since you can't see them, so you have to go in and hope the trap layout ends very soon or that it is easy to predict while you're navigating through. Your video just shows a level with some scattered traps. Deadly, yes, but easily avoidable. That's the difference.
"Its the way traps are deployed"

All trap layouts are static, they arent dynamically generated. Theres also room between traps to stand safely, its not a valid complaint to say "oh i cant see everything!".

Random well hidden traps scattered throughout actual gameplay is somehow less deadly than static traps that dont change and are blatantly in view ? lol'd

This thread is getting really hard to take seriously.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jul 24, 2016, 1:33:13 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Its hilarious really. Award winning ARPGS are somehow "no longer in that genre" when its brought to attention they had traps in them.

These kids have never played a single platformer and yet theyre comparing a platformer to an arpg saying the gameplay is the same.

Their opinion is immediate invalidated with such hilariously poor comparisons. But i guess i shouldnt expect much from people who literally complain for a living.

I explained multiple times what's different about traps in D2 or T2 and PoE. Here:

Furthermore: PoE and other aRPGs are all about killing monsters. Implementing obstacles like traps while doing that is perfectly ok! These traps are avoidable, but makes positioning harder. If you dodge an enemy attack, you might run into a trap if you are not careful. The difference is however, that in PoE there are sequences of traps that have nothing to do with killing stuff at all. Only traps, no monsters and even if there are monsters, it's mostly like 5 skeletons who randomly walked into a trap sequence. So the focus of the lab is shifted from killing monsters to dodging traps. It's a different genre, that has not much in common with your named aRPGs.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"Its the way traps are deployed"

All trap layouts are static, they arent dynamically generated. Theres also room between traps to stand safely, its not a valid complaint to say "oh i cant see everything!".

Wrong. There are trap layouts that dont offer any room to stand in. For example: a layout consisting of many spiketraps and blade sentries in a corridor. Saw that many times already.
Last edited by AceNightfire on Jul 24, 2016, 1:37:11 PM
"
AceNightfire wrote:

Wrong. There are trap layouts that dont offer any room to stand in. For example: a layout consisting of many spiketraps and blade sentries in a corridor. Saw that many times already.
Not sure if serious or trolling.

Please post a screenshot of said corridor with no space and bladed sentries with spike traps.

"
AceNightfire wrote:

That's actually one of the easiest traps to get through. The speed of the sentries is constant and timed such that you cross the spike row, run between sentries in the same direction while waiting for the second row of spikes to drop. They drop before you get to the wall. So you cross the spikes and run in the other direction between sentries until the 3rd row of spikes drops. It's literally one of the easiest ones to figure out the timing.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
AceNightfire wrote:

That's actually one of the easiest traps to get through. The speed of the sentries is constant and timed such that you cross the spike row, run between sentries in the same direction while waiting for the second row of spikes to drop. They drop before you get to the wall. So you cross the spikes and run in the other direction between sentries until the 3rd row of spikes drops. It's literally one of the easiest ones to figure out the timing.
Not sure what trap exactly you guys are talking about, i speed run and traps are trivial.

Is this the room youre talking about ?

"
AceNightfire wrote:
Removing the AC points from lab wouldn't let me stop hating the lab.
That was the point I was trying to make. All the complaints are pretty much the same complaint. Here are your 7 listed complaints:
1. Traps
2. Performance issues (which I conceded was a valid concern)
3. AC points require it
4. Traps
5. Traps
6. Dangerous and might die
7. Boring

All except 2 and 3 are subjective and boil down to not liking the gameplay in it. Some of your complaints are even contradictory. Seems like boring and dangerous are opposites to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info