Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

jesus, good effort :P
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
But all those "separate" complaints are the same complaint. Would anybody complain about ascendency points gated behind the lab if they didn't dislike something about playing in the lab? Would anybody complain about reward structure if they didn't dislike something about playing in the lab? Would anybody complain about difficulty or traps or anything else on your list if they liked the lab? All your complaints boil down to one thing, and that's a dislike of playing in the lab. You're trying to make it fancier than it really is.

You are reversing the cause and effect here.

Those complaints (the cause) are why people hate the Lab (the effect)--not the other way around. You can't just intrinsically hate the Lab without having reasons for it. The "why" is the reason these posts keep coming up.
I don't think so. I think the labe hate reason is they hate doing the lab, not those other things. For example, one complaint is that the ascendency points are gated behind it. If GGG gave an alternate way to get those points, would those people suddenly like doing the lab? Would they ever do it if they didn't feel they had to? No. So it's their hate of the lab that makes them hate the lab. Even if they removed any reason for doing it, those people would still hate it and would not do it. They wouldn't complain as much about it, but they'd still hate the lab. Similarly, if they made the lab something else that people liked, they could gate anything they wanted behind it. So I stand by my simplification that the cause of the lab hate is that people hate doing the lab. Because if they liked it, none of those other reasons would exist. Cause: they hate running the lab. Effect: they hate they can't get what the lab offers another way so become more vocal about it.

This only addresses the non performance lab haters though. I still think it's a problem when people can't do the lab because they disconnect and can't continue where they left off.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 24, 2016, 6:12:11 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
I don't think so. ... So it's their hate of the lab that makes them hate the lab. ... So I stand by my simplification that the cause of the lab hate is that people hate doing the lab.

You are stating a tautology. And not even a disguised tautology, like you frequently see in lists of logical fallacies.

I hate the lab because I hate the lab.
I love okra pickles because I love okra pickles.

These statements make no logical sense, even though the premise and conclusion are both true.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The problem with this statement though bro, is this isnt a finished product, you cant say what does or doesnt belong in "the original" game because the game itself is under constant development and it isnt a finished product.

Thats like saying that CB where you took 10 minutes to kill one pack and had the shittiest gear imaginable at all times is "classic path of exile" and soo nothing currently belongs in the game.

The game was about killing stuff right from the start for many many years by now. Just because the speed shifted a little bit doesnt mean the basic gameplay changed. The gameplay was perfectly in line with the whole aRPG genre. The whole trap-gameplay on the other side is something completely different which was never seen in an aRPG before, because it's a different genre.
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
But all those "separate" complaints are the same complaint. Would anybody complain about ascendency points gated behind the lab if they didn't dislike something about playing in the lab? Would anybody complain about reward structure if they didn't dislike something about playing in the lab? Would anybody complain about difficulty or traps or anything else on your list if they liked the lab? All your complaints boil down to one thing, and that's a dislike of playing in the lab. You're trying to make it fancier than it really is.

You are reversing the cause and effect here.

Those complaints (the cause) are why people hate the Lab (the effect)--not the other way around. You can't just intrinsically hate the Lab without having reasons for it. The "why" is the reason these posts keep coming up.
I don't think so. I think the labe hate reason is they hate doing the lab, not those other things. For example, one complaint is that the ascendency points are gated behind it. If GGG gave an alternate way to get those points, would those people suddenly like doing the lab? Would they ever do it if they didn't feel they had to? No. So it's their hate of the lab that makes them hate the lab. Even if they removed any reason for doing it, those people would still hate it and would not do it. They wouldn't complain as much about it, but they'd still hate the lab. Similarly, if they made the lab something else that people liked, they could gate anything they wanted behind it. So I stand by my simplification that the cause of the lab hate is that people hate doing the lab. Because if they liked it, none of those other reasons would exist. Cause: they hate running the lab. Effect: they hate they can't get what the lab offers another way so become more vocal about it.

This only addresses the non performance lab haters though. I still think it's a problem when people can't do the lab because they disconnect and can't continue where they left off.

This doesnt make any sense at all... I have good reasons why I hate the lab, so that's contradictory to your statement that people hate the lab because they hate it...
"
AceNightfire wrote:

This doesnt make any sense at all... I have good reasons why I hate the lab, so that's contradictory to your statement that people hate the lab because they hate it...
Ok, what are your reasons? Do they have anything to do with what happens between the time you enter the lab until the time you leave it? Or do they have to do with what you get at the end? If they removed what you get at the end, would you suddenly like the part between entering the lab and leaving it?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 24, 2016, 9:59:35 AM
My problem with the lab comes down to endurance. I don't have it. I can bike 150 miles without breaking a sweat. Not a physical issue. It's that I can't play for as long as most younger players without getting dizzy.

The trials in the maps... can't do them. I have found that I just get too tired after running a map to bother with them.

The lab has made longer play sessions mandatory for advancement. I'm not up to it.
I hate the labyrinth because trap style gameplay is boring tedious and not fun. It is irritating gameplay. I really don't understand the logic of trying to turn it into a tautology. There are multiple reasons that people hate playing the labyrinth. GGG made the bad decision to flush the great PoE gameplay down the toilet when designing the labyrinth. If people didn't like the great PoE gameplay then they wouldn't be playing PoE. They then insert a new style gameplay into the game. Not everyone is going to like PoE gameplay. Not everyone is going to like trap gameplay. The mistake in the GGG design is that they gated ascendancy points behind a new gameplay that not everyone was going to like even if they like PoE gameplay. It was really a very stupid mistake.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 24, 2016, 10:41:11 AM
i like the labyrinth trailer :D
it pretty much tells you that it isnt for everyone
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
The problem with this statement though bro, is this isnt a finished product, you cant say what does or doesnt belong in "the original" game because the game itself is under constant development and it isnt a finished product.

Thats like saying that CB where you took 10 minutes to kill one pack and had the shittiest gear imaginable at all times is "classic path of exile" and soo nothing currently belongs in the game.

The game was about killing stuff right from the start for many many years by now. Just because the speed shifted a little bit doesnt mean the basic gameplay changed. The gameplay was perfectly in line with the whole aRPG genre. The whole trap-gameplay on the other side is something completely different which was never seen in an aRPG before, because it's a different genre.
Its not a different genre, ive said this a million times before multiple other arpgs have traps in them, but thats still besides the point. The game is an unfinished product and we have no right to say what is and isnt path of exile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecy0HvoYYeM

Torchlight 2

And of course one of the most popular arpgs to exist, diablo has them.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info