Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
morbo wrote:
Ok, but it is also clear that GGG does not intend to "fix" anything that is deemed "problematic", which was made clear in their manifesto post. They do not intend to change even the small & easy stuff,

Maybe you missed the parts about them shortening labs/trials?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
Ok, but it is also clear that GGG does not intend to "fix" anything that is deemed "problematic", which was made clear in their manifesto post. They do not intend to change even the small & easy stuff,

Well, that one might have been problematic, not 'problematic'.

"
PS: Lab was a hate magnet when it was released, it's a hate magnet today, and it will continue to be a hate magnet when 3.0 lands.

True, I said the same thing about legacy items long ago and it did turn out that way. But is the amount of hate significant? In the grand scale of things it probably isn't and the same is likely true for lab, or they would do something already. No matter what we say they'd really have to be dumb as a bag of bricks to ignore a major detriment to the game's popularity, clunky trading was one and it did get more streamlined if you compare it to trade chat and dropping items on the beach.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Zrevnur wrote:

I didn't, I've mentioned it right there.

But the main issue people like OP have with the Lab are traps. And expecting GGG to "redesign" the Lab without traps or decouple Ascendancy from it, is ludicrous. GGG might polish the experience in the confines of the current design, but that's it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
And expecting GGG to "redesign" the Lab without traps or decouple Ascendancy from it, is ludicrous.

I don't believe they will remove traps ever but i do believe that, eventually, they will remove Ascendancy from the Lab.

And that wouldn't be ludicrous at all, it would be natural evolution or justice served. Once they've gotten all the other content through the meat grinder they will do the same with Lab.

They will keep & improve trap gameplay for everyone that likes running Lab for enchants & loot but remove Ascendancy & bind it behind some other content equally or even more challenging, streamlined & most importantly fun.

Will that make current Lab supporters stop playing the Lab\PoE? No
Will that make current Lab opponents start playing the Lab\PoE again\more? Yes, all of them

Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 25, 2017, 9:19:40 AM
"justice served" ?

/rofl, there is nothing like justice here, bitching about some part of the game in an obnoxious way ( that's what most negative comments about the labs are, let's be honest ) does not make the bitching "just" or anything like this.

And you are delusional.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
I don't believe they will remove traps ever but i do believe that, eventually, they will remove Ascendancy from the Lab.

That would go against lore and even more against their initial design than traps. Removing traps from the Lab makes more sense, than removing Ascendancy. But I do not believe any of the two will happen.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Removing traps from the Lab makes more sense, than removing Ascendancy.

I don't disagree at all with that prospect. Removing Ascendancy or Traps, either will do just fine. No one is essentially asking for both to be removed (just clarifying)

I know you believe that neither will happen, i'm just been more specific about my position to an otherwise courteous post on your part.

"
Fruz wrote:
"justice served" ?

/rofl, there is nothing like justice here, bitching about some part of the game in an obnoxious way ( that's what most negative comments about the labs are, let's be honest ) does not make the bitching "just" or anything like this.

And you are delusional.

It's not my problem that you cannot read between the lines when someone is been sarcastic (in the good sense).

The "bitching" part was your invention not mine.

The "justice served" part had the exact same meaning as the "natural evolution" part just sentenced in a humorous manner.

Point being that removing Ascendancy from Lab would be just, fair because now it isn't, especially for Hardcore. That's just my opinion & there is nothing delusional about that. But i'm very glad you ended your post with that sentence.

And you talk about others been obnoxious.

Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 25, 2017, 10:14:51 AM
"
The "bitching" part was your invention not mine.

LOL !
Good one.

And of course, one could (try to) justify everything with "humour" .... or not.
There is nothing about "unfair" about the lab ..... and you are absolutely no arguments anyway, it's completely pointless.

Yes, I talk about others being obnoxious, what you are doing now isn't that much, but if you don't understand what I am saying, maybe you are new here .... who knows.

And for many reasons, you are being delusional, like people that have been convinced that GGG would remove the points from the lab every major patch since it was introduced for example.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 25, 2017, 10:21:48 AM
GGG history shows that they are very slow with fixing stuff (double dipping, frost wall) even if this stuff totally screws up game balance and should be "easy to fix" (frost wall at least). (And then they use "the hammer" to "fix" stuff.)

--

"
morbo wrote:
But the main issue people like OP have with the Lab are traps. And expecting GGG to "redesign" the Lab without traps or decouple Ascendancy from it, is ludicrous. GGG might polish the experience in the confines of the current design, but that's it.

This may or may not be true. I dont see it fitting with your first part though. It (first part) is IMO too harsh for it to be true and not misleading:

"
morbo wrote:

Early labs being too hard were one of the often read (by me) complaints. They have previously toned down Izaro. Now they intend to tone done length/traps too.

Edit: typo
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on May 25, 2017, 11:15:23 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
There is nothing about "unfair" about the lab

This pretty much confirms that you do not really understand what words like "fun" or "punishing" really mean, within the context of a gaming environment.

"
Fruz wrote:
What you are doing now isn't that much, but if you don't understand what I am saying, maybe you are new here .... who knows.

I could say exactly the same about you..but you seem to have Ascended from obnoxious to someone with illusions of Grandeur.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 25, 2017, 12:18:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info