Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support DONE!!!!!

"
Zalhan2 wrote:

You're the ones crying bullshit it's up to you to go thru the list and prove one by one they are either nonexistent or making the 5 minute content of the first lab shorter matters.

Tried that, I'd have better luck trying to reason with my cat though.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

You're the ones crying bullshit it's up to you to go thru the list and prove one by one they are either nonexistent or making the 5 minute content of the first lab shorter matters.

Shovelcut is not telling the truth. Shovelcut hasn't posted about going through the account name list. He went through the thread list and tried to change the criteria for adding things to the thread list. Specifically saying that a Chadwick thread shouldn't be on the list. The OP of the thread was clearly complaining about a crash in the labyrinth. Chadwick is the most prolific author of threads in the list. The criteria for inclusion in the thread list is very clear.

"
I've been keeping a list of the many threads that have been discussing problems with labyrinth (based on the OP) here in the Feedback and Suggestions forum.

Shovelcut thought that instead of it being based on the simple reading of the OP it should be based on it being a "valid" problem.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Shovelcut is not telling the truth.

Where exactly am I lying? Please point that out. Bet you can't...

"
Turtledove wrote:
Shovelcut hasn't posted about going through the account name list.

Why would I? I've always said that going through your list of account names would be a fruitless endeavor. The only thing we can tell for certain by looking at that list is that you have a literal fuckton of free time on your hands.

"
Turtledove wrote:
He went through the thread list and tried to change the criteria for adding things to the thread list. Specifically saying that a Chadwick thread shouldn't be on the list. The OP of the thread was clearly complaining about a crash in the labyrinth. Chadwick is the most prolific author of threads in the list. The criteria for inclusion in the thread list is very clear.

"
I've been keeping a list of the many threads that have been discussing problems with labyrinth (based on the OP) here in the Feedback and Suggestions forum.

Shovelcut thought that instead of it being based on the simple reading of the OP it should be based on it being a "valid" problem.

Right, having issues with crashing totally unrelated to the laby should pretty much exclude that thread from the list. It's not discussing anything regarding the laby so why should it be on the list? Just because it has "lab" in the title?

Any and every attempt at reasoning with you regarding threads like this have ended up going nowhere.

This specifically is what I was referring to when I responded to Zalhan2.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

"Tried that" was a falsehood. Zalhan2 was discussing the account name list you never went through that list or at least never posted about it.

The Thread List is what it is. If you don't like it then too bad for you. If there's something you don't like about my list then go ahead and post about it if you'd like. But you have zero respect from me and so keep that in mind in properly setting your expectations.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

"Tried that" was a falsehood.

No it isn't. And I gave a perfect example of why it isn't.

I've tried multiple times to discuss issues with you regarding the list and they've all fallen on deaf ears.

So no, definitely not a falsehood. It's just you continuing to make things out to be about something they are not.

"
Turtledove wrote:
But you have zero respect from me and so keep that in mind in properly setting your expectations.

OH NO! Some dude that doesn't even play the game anymore that also repeatedly personally attacks me doesn't respect me. Whatever shall I do?

My only expectations are that you'll continue to ignore any raised issues critical of the "work" you do and that you'll never quit this crusade.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to try and figure out how to make this ignore script work on my phone. :)
Mark1030 and Shovelcut are "special snowflakes" in how they doggedly pursue trying to tell Turtle what to do in a way that seeks to undercut Turtle's message, but that ironically also keeps attention focused on the issues Turtle is highlighting.

Fact of the matter is that Labyrinth has attracted a great deal of negative feedback about a range of issues, from many hundreds of players. The record on this issue is very clear, thanks to Turtle's work. Well done, Turtle.

PS: Lab was a hate magnet when it was released, it's a hate magnet today, and it will continue to be a hate magnet when 3.0 lands. This is so because all GGG has done is make cosmetic changes that do not address the underlying reasons for why so many current (and by now, former) POE players dislike, hate, or loathe lab.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
Mark1030 and Shovelcut are "special snowflakes" in how they doggedly pursue trying to tell Turtle what to do in a way that seeks to undercut Turtle's message, but that ironically also keeps attention focused on the issues Turtle is highlighting.

If calling out bullshit claims and questionable data collection methods is "undercutting Turtles message" then the message is severely flawed.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
If calling out bullshit claims and questionable data collection methods is "undercutting Turtles message" then the message is severely flawed.

What seems to be flawed (for everyone questioning this thread) is your perception of its purpose\intent, which was clear from the beginning.

I cannot distinguish anymore if this is intentional or just plain ignorance. Perhaps a bit of both.
"
"
Shovelcut wrote:

What seems to be flawed (for everyone questioning this thread) is your perception of its purpose\intent, which was clear from the beginning.

You're right, it was clear in the beginning because it was simply a record of all laby hate feedback threads. It evolved into something else, and the claims became something else.

The thread isn't what's being questioned. It's the methods and claims of the thread creator that is being questioned.
"
PS: Lab was a hate magnet when it was released, it's a hate magnet today, and it will continue to be a hate magnet when 3.0 lands. This is so because all GGG has done is make cosmetic changes that do not address the underlying reasons for why so many current (and by now, former) POE players dislike, hate, or loathe lab.

Ok, but it is also clear that GGG does not intend to "fix" anything that is deemed "problematic", which was made clear in their manifesto post. They do not intend to change even the small & easy stuff, like enchants or RNG spawn of Uber trials, let alone deep mechanical & design "issues".

Expecting GGG to seriously rework the Lab and "decouple Asc points" at this stage is ludicrous. Time to move on. Hold your nose and take a spoonful. First two labs will be shortened and you don't need Uber (I have chars at 90+ who never even unlocked Uber), so the dreaded Lab is like 0.1% of your char playtime.

Not something that requires the jihadin' tantrum displayed in this thread...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on May 25, 2017, 3:09:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info