I question if I'm just growing out of the whole ARPG thing.

"
Xavderion wrote:
That post is about how I played MMOs back when I actually played them (I quit WoW in 2010). I did have a lot of fun tbh but nowadays I would never do that again.

Yup, we can all fall into that trap. I did it with MMOs as well until I realized, "hey, this isn't fun, why am I still playing"? Then began my slow exit from the game.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
"
Kechop wrote:
buying orbs is not Mfing.

What does that have to do with anything what I just said?

nothing really but for years you´ve been creating these kind of threads and you always start off how awesome you are and how you inherit billions from your family bsns and how you corner the market with MFing.

gets really old very fast unless you are some next level troll that creates 10/10 bait threads on gen discussion.

than i salute you and am your "servant".
Yeah get triggered and I am awesome.

/dinosaur
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Played WoW for near 7 years, there comes a time when the game isn't for you anymore or vice-versa.
I lul'ed at servants.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
I'll tell you some of my childhood which involves me just studying all day in conjunction to mf'ing like a very very long time of combination of the two in terms of Diablo II and school shit / family work shit.

Whether it be pindle runs and eventually the whole classic Baal run for hours and hours. Quite basic of some of my child hood now fastfoward to the days of PoE where I'm grown up doing family business shit while servants ask ''Why did you spend so much money at a game where you don't even play it anymore'' I simply ask myself yeah I dunno why either within every single league that I do I get the best gear / finish all challenges then fade away for awhile. Is it because the gameplay is shit? The hunt is shit or mf'ing?

Probably not I don't even MF much and if I do I usually just get a bunch of dick while in conjunction to most of my profit comes from the trading. Is that why I'm bored? Just trading all day to become a god every single league? Or am I growing out of it? I even question myself I'll be making 1-2 more div cards + 2 uniques and say boy am I really going to be playing this much longer?

tldr I'm trying to find out why I don't play as much as I use to in my childhood even when I finished everything in D2 I still continued to play while I fade eventually in PoE every ''season'' league.

/dinosaur.

Fuck, u are old.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
I think a lot of the older players are starting to feel this (not including myself since I've really only been around heavily since 2.0), but I also am starting to feel the arpg burnout.

I honestly think I'd feel it less if I were to die to game mechanics more than dying to performance issues (crashes etc).
ultimate normalfag ending
"
Kechop wrote:
"
"
Kechop wrote:
buying orbs is not Mfing.

What does that have to do with anything what I just said?

nothing really but for years you´ve been creating these kind of threads and you always start off how awesome you are and how you inherit billions from your family bsns and how you corner the market with MFing.

gets really old very fast unless you are some next level troll that creates 10/10 bait threads on gen discussion.

than i salute you and am your "servant".

First off, getting currency in a new league is easy. You start off progressing as quickly as possible in the first few days, slap some IIQ/IIR gear, speedfarm, sell everything at decent prices while stuff still sells and you get a nice jumpstart. You can pretty much do whatever you want after one week. That's by just playing the game. If you make a decent bank and start flipping after a few days, then the real money will start rolling in.

Second, a single player can't really corner the market, or at least not right from the start. There are well-organised groups of players who do this every new league. They pool resources to achieve a single goal as quickly as possible, be it uber atziri or uber lab farming or whatever they think will be most profitable in said league. Even two players working together can have a profound effect on the market. Example: when prophecy started, I levelled with a buddy, we shared maps and drops, I helped him out with some currency and he flooded the market with 6-links (mostly lightning coils). At some point he sold around thirty 6-link coils in a short period and their price crashed. Funny thing is, he does this each league and a lot of people think he's cheating or exploiting. No, he isn't. He just six-links, sells, uses the currency to six-link more and so on. There is some variance but if you have a decent bank you can weather the bad luck streaks.

I know another player who only flips and is very good at it, he had 4 mirrors at week 2 of Perandus league without actually playing beyond the first few days.

My point?

Your insinuations that I_NO is rmt-ing are laughable. You're probably the same kind of player who reports my buddy with the 6-link coils. Getting currency in this game is quick and easy if you know what to do and some players do it in every new league, employing various methods, while some others are too busy telling themselves it's RMT or something stupid like that and never learn.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 20, 2016, 3:30:36 AM
Maybe you should have some love romance instead :-) :-) :-)
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Regulator wrote:
Instant gratification + power creep made the game feel hollow.

Add to that you have grown up and matured, starting to like different things that just arent gaming. On top of that playing the same game non-stop for a while surely burns you out.

You could try different things, its up to you though. See what is fun/enjoyable and try it, maybe thats SSF or only HC leagues, or building non-meta but themed/cool builds, maybe thats taking a break from gaming and traveling or working or dancing or or or.

Never meta - always fun. ;) I think it is the chase for completion is what is killing it for most people. They seem to not understand that the journey is what is fun - not reaching the end of it.
Playing somewhat inefficient, but still fun builds makes the game far more enjoyable to me. Not to mention that the challenge of actually making it work.

But yeah, if I were to point one cause of this, it would be wild power creep, which turned crazy builds that were already completing everything too fast, into I-can-beat-everything-with-10c-budget-in-3-days. I can only hope GGG realizes that, and finally puts an end to them... :V

And anyone who is about to say that this shouldn't concern me, because I'm playing wacky builds anyways - it does affect me in a way. There is far less players, because most of them are able to complete everything in matter of few days. They have no reason to play anymore, because it is simply no fun for them.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info