I question if I'm just growing out of the whole ARPG thing.

"
Bars wrote:
They pool resources to achieve a single goal as quickly as possible, be it uber atziri or uber lab farming or whatever they think will be most profitable in said league. Even two players working together can have a profound effect on the market. (...) I know another player who only flips and is very good at it, he had 4 mirrors at week 2 of Perandus league without actually playing beyond the first few days.

And ultimately what's the point of that? Do they enjoy the process of doing this? Because eventually the league will go away, everything will move to Standard or Hardcore, but mostly Standard, and what they've gained in the market will just be lumped into the greater public who can do the same playing Standard over a longer period of time. Once you have the best gear possible for the builds you play, what's the point? I think that's what I_NO was getting at: what does it matter after you're beyond the 1% of PoE players?

You see, people like Perq nailed it: if you don't enjoy the journey, why are you even playing in the first place? And if you did enjoy the journey, you wouldn't be burned out now...

"
Perq wrote:
I think it is the chase for completion is what is killing it for most people. They seem to not understand that the journey is what is fun - not reaching the end of it.
Playing somewhat inefficient, but still fun builds makes the game far more enjoyable to me.

...it's what I've been trying to community earlier in this thread too. Thanks, Perq for emphasizing that.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
why bother theory crafting a build when even ice nova can smash the whole screen in red maps? POE ceased to feel rewarding with all the power creep.
@cipher_nemo - I'm not advocating it, just saying it can be done. Everyone finds their own thing. If you want to enjoy PoE, just do whatever the hell you like, don't worry what the others are doing and you'll be fine.

To avoid confusion, I give away all my stuff when I'm done with a league and I don't flip - not because I think it's wrong (I don't), I just don't find it particularly interesting.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 20, 2016, 3:01:50 PM
"
Bars wrote:
@cipher_nemo - I'm not advocating it, just saying it can be done. Everyone finds their own thing. If you want to enjoy PoE, just do whatever the hell you like, don't worry what the others are doing and you'll be fine.

well, you basically made a point i agree with.

min/maxing a temp league basically consists of being able to nolife the first week, trading the next 2 weeks to get rich, then quitting because the market catched up and prices normalized.

another condition is to be in the circles of knowledge where the info about overpowered stuff is shared first so you can exploit on that before ggg nerfs it.

i'm not jealous or anthing because i already fail at the basics (nolife and networking) but i can imagine other "wannabe competitive players" can get highly disencouraged by ggg changing mechanics mid league.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
kinglouis wrote:
why bother theory crafting a build when even ice nova can smash the whole screen in red maps? POE ceased to feel rewarding with all the power creep.

Here you go - go get them, Tiger!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Bars wrote:

Agreed.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
kinglouis wrote:

Because Ice Nova was shit for both leveling and end game? The power creep enabled builds which is a good thing that the non-existent balance team has barely been able to do.

I mean sure, go "theory-craft" the 1-3 meta builds we had before endlessly. All you have to do is hit the defense threshold for doing whatever content you want, throw everything else in damage and farm / buy your gear.
The last good build was like ... Minion Instability + Mirror Arrow. Before that probably Cold Snap Romira's RS. In between some wacky CoMK setup that doesn't work, because power creep hasn't hit most on-kill mechanics yet.

But yeah, repeated actions do get boring. It's not exclusive to ARPGs (which offer a limited experience in their own). I wouldn't even touch a Baldur's Gate 2 remake with a stick.
In the end games are just a time sink. If you like it, great. If not there is no need to ponder about something that was meant to distract you.
"
Yeah get triggered and I am awesome.

/dinosaur

you´re a tough cookie to withstand my barrage of bait.
i give up and suggest you take a break from poe if you no longer enjoy it.
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

...then why are you still wasting your time here?
If someone you love and care for start falling in a wrong path (ie: drug addiction) would you delete it from your life or try to help it?

Except this isn't drug addiction. You just don't like the new girlfriend.
its not just a Girlfriend, Lab is a destructive aspect of the game... 50% of the players hate it.. you cant just call it a new girlfriend lol
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:

Except this isn't drug addiction. You just don't like the new girlfriend.
its not just a Girlfriend, Lab is a destructive aspect of the game... 50% of the players hate it.. you cant just call it a new girlfriend lol

If we're going to use a 'girlfriend analogy'... It's like your girlfriend you care about snaps and goes psycho/depressed and then you get criticized for encouraging her to get the mental help she needs to help herself and society.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info