I question if I'm just growing out of the whole ARPG thing.

"
Sojs wrote:
"
I'll tell you some of my childhood which involves me just studying all day in conjunction to mf'ing like a very very long time of combination of the two in terms of Diablo II and school shit / family work shit.

Whether it be pindle runs and eventually the whole classic Baal run for hours and hours. Quite basic of some of my child hood now fastfoward to the days of PoE where I'm grown up doing family business shit while servants ask ''Why did you spend so much money at a game where you don't even play it anymore'' I simply ask myself yeah I dunno why either within every single league that I do I get the best gear / finish all challenges then fade away for awhile. Is it because the gameplay is shit? The hunt is shit or mf'ing?

Probably not I don't even MF much and if I do I usually just get a bunch of dick while in conjunction to most of my profit comes from the trading. Is that why I'm bored? Just trading all day to become a god every single league? Or am I growing out of it? I even question myself I'll be making 1-2 more div cards + 2 uniques and say boy am I really going to be playing this much longer?

tldr I'm trying to find out why I don't play as much as I use to in my childhood even when I finished everything in D2 I still continued to play while I fade eventually in PoE every ''season'' league.

/dinosaur.

its because you play softcore :x

Oh no I have a HC account too specifically so I can make fun of HC people now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
>servants

Humble brag.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
There's a reason GGG settled on the 13 week design cycle. It's the balance between people getting bored and ability to deliver new content.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
I'll tell you some of my childhood which involves me just studying all day in conjunction to mf'ing like a very very long time of combination of the two in terms of Diablo II and school shit / family work shit.

Whether it be pindle runs and eventually the whole classic Baal run for hours and hours. Quite basic of some of my child hood now fastfoward to the days of PoE where I'm grown up doing family business shit while servants ask ''Why did you spend so much money at a game where you don't even play it anymore'' I simply ask myself yeah I dunno why either within every single league that I do I get the best gear / finish all challenges then fade away for awhile. Is it because the gameplay is shit? The hunt is shit or mf'ing?

Probably not I don't even MF much and if I do I usually just get a bunch of dick while in conjunction to most of my profit comes from the trading. Is that why I'm bored? Just trading all day to become a god every single league? Or am I growing out of it? I even question myself I'll be making 1-2 more div cards + 2 uniques and say boy am I really going to be playing this much longer?

tldr I'm trying to find out why I don't play as much as I use to in my childhood even when I finished everything in D2 I still continued to play while I fade eventually in PoE every ''season'' league.

/dinosaur.

You need to date someone who play this game, so you both can play while touching your tralalas.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Same here

Ive played non-stop since 2011 and atm its the first time i dont play and dont feel like it. This feeling appeared with 2.0 but got hooked in place with 2.2.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Regulator wrote:
Instant gratification + power creep made the game feel hollow.

This. Power creep/poor balance and lack of long term progression means reducing the impact choices have in game making it more and more a mindless hack and slash.
This game needs micro-activities to keep players distracted while leveling. A linked goal outside of leagues and inside of leagues that can be built upon. That is the key.
I find receiving oral as I map adds a certain je ne sais quoi. Take breaks, there is no possible way a person can play this game like a job and not get burnt out. Sadly, playing it like a job is the only way to get 40 challenges.

That totem is dope though.
"
Bobvans wrote:
Sadly, playing it like a job is the only way to get 40 challenges.

That totem is dope though.

Not really, at 6 working hours per day im at 36/40, only missing the 3 lab related challenges and the 1200voll kills which i wont do ofcourse since there is not even a chance to step inside anything lab related to go for the 40/40.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
i_no, of course motivation drops if you basically won a game.

and i'm afraid my personal solution is not to your liking: play at a lower pace, less trades, no item flipping, no global 820 rotations, no guild help ...

playing the game continually since 2012 this way without longer breaks or burnouts, didn't win anything but had alot of fun.

item nerfs don't affect me as i never use these items. meta nerfs don't affect me cause i never go after the current meta.

when the push from my last guild to go late endgame was too hard i left the guild and got my own one. also the guildie's expectation to join the endless master rotations was not to my liking. felt like a job and probably was one. i already have a job.

sounds boring? yep, but at least for me it's actually not.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info