Why Labyrinth Gameplay is Irreparably Broken in Two Words

"
LoPan wrote:
"
LOOZING wrote:
Most hated

The worse mistake GGG EVER made. Worse than Gesync. It's hated.

I love lab. Traps are annoying. But the potential for amazing enchants and chest loot. Runs take less than 10 minutes. People complain too much.
Loot is worthless if you over level to make sure you don't die to one shots.
Salty Fanbase

It's like any gameplay whatsoever that doesn't consist of Dynasty Warriors-ing through endless hordes of utterly useless trash mobs is Not The PoE Way. Yeebus. Pull yourselves together, people.

Labyrinth is pretty much fine (outside performance issues which have nothing to do with the Labyrinth itself, really). Evasion characters taking it in the poop chute in the Lab sucks, but they fixed ES guys to some extent. They'll figure out something for Evasion too, eventually. Either that or everyone will have a Kintsugi to run it with eventually.

The only thing I actively hate about the Labyrinth is the one-life-to-live policy - given performance issues and Evasion's awfulness in the Lab, it really would be nice to have some sort of safety net. If the Lab used a six-portal system like maps did, it'd be pretty much spot-on. Great little daily dungeon sort of thing for people who want to try and spice up the endless Gorge grind a little.

Let Hardcore players do the Hardcore thing. The rest of us would simply like to not lose a Lab run because the game hiccups during a sawblade gauntlet.
"
LOOZING wrote:
"
LoPan wrote:
"
LOOZING wrote:
Most hated

The worse mistake GGG EVER made. Worse than Gesync. It's hated.

I love lab. Traps are annoying. But the potential for amazing enchants and chest loot. Runs take less than 10 minutes. People complain too much.
Loot is worthless if you over level to make sure you don't die to one shots.

I'm referring to uber lab as that's all I run. I get boxes full of cards and currency on a regular basis, def not useless regardless of level. Im 97 atm. And the helm and glove enchants are the best enchants around, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

All that and the fact that izzy has the slowest most predictable animations in the game. You could go in there w 1k hp and provided your eyes aren't closed not worry about dying.
IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Jul 15, 2016, 5:35:07 PM
Traps 1-shot you in the real difficulty levels? Ouch!

"
1453R wrote:
Salty Fanbase

It's like any gameplay whatsoever that doesn't consist of Dynasty Warriors-ing through endless hordes of utterly useless trash mobs is Not The PoE Way. Yeebus. Pull yourselves together, people.

Labyrinth is pretty much fine (outside performance issues which have nothing to do with the Labyrinth itself, really). Evasion characters taking it in the poop chute in the Lab sucks, but they fixed ES guys to some extent. They'll figure out something for Evasion too, eventually. Either that or everyone will have a Kintsugi to run it with eventually.

The only thing I actively hate about the Labyrinth is the one-life-to-live policy - given performance issues and Evasion's awfulness in the Lab, it really would be nice to have some sort of safety net. If the Lab used a six-portal system like maps did, it'd be pretty much spot-on. Great little daily dungeon sort of thing for people who want to try and spice up the endless Gorge grind a little.

Let Hardcore players do the Hardcore thing. The rest of us would simply like to not lose a Lab run because the game hiccups during a sawblade gauntlet.

My two words: Movement Skills.

Strongly agree with the quote. Some sort of less forgiving map portal system or even a checkpoint system for letting us get through lab in spite of the issues would be fantastic. EVA characters get the short stick but really I've never struggled with a quicksilver flask and a good movement skill on an EVA character. Maybe they should have done a %/x amount of HP/Sec on Traps regardless of your stats? The biggest thing is stability and consistency of framerate. I would love less of the 'Unable to deserialise packet ID xxxxx' and lagging out.
Percentage Damage.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
"
Kechop wrote:
going to drop my 2 chaos on this topic.

i used to be a lab hater until i got gud.

and no juggernaut involved.

i do uberlab on a 3.5k life ranger deadeye with reach fully buffed izaro first 2 stages barrage with a kintsugi and basalt flask , i can take one hit tops if at all thats it.

i take 2 instaheal lifeflasks with me i survive all the long traps with or without paying attention but honestly i dont like traps but who does , so adjust your flasks and gear not that hard come on.

then i shit over izaro tap run tap run tap run tap run tap tap tap go to chest loot my 4 chests as i tap tap run tap tap run with argus too.

i used to support the lab hate but now i wish for an even harder longer lab to piss even more people off.

if i can do it on a squishy lowlife char with 30-50k dps barrage nado while paying attention to the mechanics so can you.

and yes the chests have been probably nerfed hard , my best loot are midnights and certain divcards thus far nothing else.

also leapslam wot ? you must be trolling leapslam breaks labyrinth is a hilarious frogpost.

Isn't old enough to use a keyboard properly, no understanding of conjunctions, uses memes instead of logic, malaprops instead of easily recognizable phrases, can't compose sentences using adjacent clauses, can't put punctuation where it belongs, can't be bothered to capitalize words, uses infantile phraseology, appeal to reason fallacy, can't summarize or be bothered to end on a high note- goes out of his way to be puerile and moronic.

Therefore, I think I'll believe everything he says.
Took a day off from lab, tried today on new char to get my first ascendancy
https://youtu.be/Ox55zag3ddM

AGAIN

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand i'm mad now.
lagging and dying at the end fight in lab. rip all that time slogging through a lab to die to bullshit at the end.

i'm fucking done.

i'd rather have 6 portals and no loot drops as an option just to get through it in case of accidental death/lag.

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Isn't the new traps added in Uber Lab pretty much GGG's answer to "Movement Skills are OP"
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info