[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
OnlyAPoeUser wrote:
From what I've been seeing, so I can make the node "Elemental Overload" to work properly, I need to do "crit" and for that I need to increase my "Global Crit. Str. Chance" in some way and the staff alone will not do.

For this I will need to buy a jewel that nowadays is costing something around 3/5 exalts (depending on the roll).
http://poe.trade/search/awohatosadarek

That way I'll keep using "Resolute Technique" as I can not get more money.
:/

While that jewel is good its definitely not needed and its good because it increases the Int not because of the crit.

Its very common for spellcaster builds with no global crit to run elemental overload as the base crit of most spells cannot go below 5% which is often enough that it will trigger naturally a decent amount of the time with no investment at all. If you need to force it to trigger then casting an orb of storms spell will rapidly hit and has a high chance to proc the elemental overload.

Spells cannot miss and so Resolute Technique only has a downside and no advantage for spellcasters.

Are you a new player? There are some basic path of exile mechanics that it might be better to spend some time learning before trying a build like this one
Great build.
Earlier I had made your build to the witch (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1343007/page/1) and loved it. Very strong!

What annoys a little is the lag ... =)

I remade an old Templar lvl 90. Do you think that something is missing?

Spoiler

Would you have any extra recommendation to try to make the uber lab?
I thought about replacing Frost Wall for Increased AoE and one or two flasks.

"
Zatlan wrote:
Great build.
Earlier I had made your build to the witch (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1343007/page/1) and loved it. Very strong!

What annoys a little is the lag ... =)

I remade an old Templar lvl 90. Do you think that something is missing?

Spoiler

Would you have any extra recommendation to try to make the uber lab?
I thought about replacing Frost Wall for Increased AoE and one or two flasks.

Thanks man :)
Glad to hear you enjoyed it

Gear looks good to me. I breezed through uber lab and you have lightning warp so I don't think it should be much issue if you've got your mechanics down.

I don't like frost wall on CWDT so I'd definitely swap it for something.

Not sure why you have sorrow of the divine, the build has vaal pact and no regen. I'd definitely change it into a quicksilver flask with movement speed as being able to dodge things is very important.

Looks like you might not be reserving enough of your mana. Remember the more you reserve the more ES you get so higher level clarity and lower level enlighten/remove one of the enlightens is best so long as you still have 112 unreserved mana afterwards

EDIT: Do you have the amulet? Thats pretty important
Last edited by WaffleT on Aug 25, 2016, 10:08:38 AM
I'd forgotten!

Stir a little configuration and using a Clarity level 20 without Enlighten I got a 9086 ES but in return I got only 164 mana. With level 2 Enlighten plugged in, I got 204 Mana and 9052 ES.

If the case to play without this last Enlighten might be the case of using a Vaal gem (do not use mana) that does not create much lag. Also Less Duration significantly limit my choice.

Last edited by Zatlan on Aug 25, 2016, 11:49:39 AM
"
Zatlan wrote:
I'd forgotten!

Stir a little configuration and using a Clarity level 20 without Enlighten I got a 9086 ES but in return I got only 164 mana. With level 2 Enlighten plugged in, I got 204 Mana and 9052 ES.

If the case to play without this last Enlighten might be the case of using a Vaal gem (do not use mana) that does not create much lag. Also Less Duration significantly limit my choice.

164 mana is more then enough. Your mana regenerates pretty much immediately and nothing in the build costs more then that no matter what your supporting it with.

Another option would be moving warp to your boots if its causing conflicts

Boots - Lightning warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting - Rapid decay for even more reduced duration

Chest - Clarity - Herald of Ice - CWDT - Frost bomb - enlighten/vaal discipline

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Zatlan wrote:
I'd forgotten!

164 mana is more then enough. Your mana regenerates pretty much immediately and nothing in the build costs more then that no matter what your supporting it with.

Another option would be moving warp to your boots if its causing conflicts

Boots - Lightning warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting - Rapid decay for even more reduced duration

Chest - Clarity - Herald of Ice - CWDT - Frost bomb - enlighten/vaal discipline

I liked this configuration suggestion. It was very good. Thanks for the clarification!
The good old man thanks you!
He now can even have lunch!

Spoiler

Hi, noob question here just got WI so i am thinking of building one

Avatar of fire variant possible? how much difference?
I'm probably the only one crazy to think of traps or totem version
"
JTYSM wrote:
Hi, noob question here just got WI so i am thinking of building one

Avatar of fire variant possible? how much difference?
I'm probably the only one crazy to think of traps or totem version

The advantage of avatar of fire is being able to use Izaro's Turmoil jewels and the snowforged cluster. The combination of the value of those usually makes up for needing to spend a point on the avatar of fire and using the cold to fire gem which only has 30% more damage on it.

This particular build however doesn't focus on good damage nodes and then needing to spend a bunch of points on %ES nodes but scales everything through Int and focuses on that. Going avatar of fire is pure damage so you would only do it if you wanted to sacrifice a considerable amount of ES in order to get the damage. Going avatar of fire and then trying to make up that ES with nodes would result in less ES and damage then just focusing on the Int.

Traps and mines are much the same way. The nodes are attractive because they are good damage nodes for builds that struggle to find them and they are great for double dipping. This build doesn't double dip and the damage nodes advantage has the same trouble as avatar of fire.

I tried totems for a while but didn't enjoy it. You sacrifice the ability to leech, speed of casting and a bunch of the Int nodes for no real advantage unless you really like the totem playstyle
Why herald of ice?
Icestorm deals only 30% of "added damage" like heralds

"
classiQ wrote:
Why herald of ice?
Icestorm deals only 30% of "added damage" like heralds

Really just for lack of better options. In the gem selection area I've said Herald of Ice or Artic armour and both choices are just little things onto the already good damage and physical mitigation the build has.

The flat damage from herald isn't that impactful since the build gets so much flat damage from Int but the 15% increased global cold damage from the quality is actually pretty neat

Swapping the herald into a blasphemy is in the "upgrades" section but requires something like atziri gloves as there isn't many appealing glove options to change into.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info