[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

have u thought about whispering ice with spell totem? is it viable now?
Last edited by classiQ on Aug 28, 2016, 3:41:40 PM
nvm

Last edited by Zatlan on Aug 29, 2016, 9:05:53 PM
Do you really think that Unwavering Stance is that good? Particularly considering the Bastion of hope Ascendancy will often stop us being stunned.

Also on your tree surely the Jewel Socket below Mind over matter is worth more then the one under Necromantic Aegis? just a small tweak, 20 tree int better then 12% inc spell damage surely
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Aug 31, 2016, 12:22:54 AM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
Do you really think that Unwavering Stance is that good? Particularly considering the Bastion of hope Ascendancy will often stop us being stunned.

Also on your tree surely the Jewel Socket below Mind over matter is worth more then the one under Necromantic Aegis? just a small tweak, 20 tree int better then 12% inc spell damage surely

I don't like conditional immunity to stun as it will fail you when you need it. Our block chance is quite low most of the time and relying on that feels like it would lead to death sometimes. The path down to it is all converted into Int at quite a good ratio since the Brute Force jewels overlap giving good Int.

Same with the Mind over Matter jewel socket. You are forgetting that the fertile jewel in the scion section gets to convert two dex nodes into Int meaning that it gets the 12% spell damage as well as the 44 Int from Fertile Mind but the mind over matter one doesn't hit anything to convert
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

I don't like conditional immunity to stun as it will fail you when you need it. Our block chance is quite low most of the time and relying on that feels like it would lead to death sometimes. The path down to it is all converted into Int at quite a good ratio since the Brute Force jewels overlap giving good Int.

Same with the Mind over Matter jewel socket. You are forgetting that the fertile jewel in the scion section gets to convert two dex nodes into Int meaning that it gets the 12% spell damage as well as the 44 Int from Fertile Mind but the mind over matter one doesn't hit anything to convert

Didn't realize you were taking that for Fertile Mind, interesting I take it that the Alacrity node is also taken to convert?

I have a nice 25 int/14% spell damage with staffs jewel so the Int pathing 1 int/2% spell damage more efficient for me for now, Lol. I'm enjoying my whispering Ice build quite a bit thanks for the guide.

Saving up for an Emperors mastery at the moment :)

Do you think taking Guardian time of need (25% reduced curse effectiveness) would let you be capped in Ele weakness maps? Not to mention making all curse maps less strenuous
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Aug 31, 2016, 8:45:28 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Didn't realize you were taking that for Fertile Mind, interesting I take it that the Alacrity node is also taken to convert?

I have a nice 25 int/14% spell damage with staffs jewel so the Int pathing 1 int/2% spell damage more efficient for me for now, Lol. I'm enjoying my whispering Ice build quite a bit thanks for the guide.

Saving up for an Emperors mastery at the moment :)

Do you think taking Guardian time of need (25% reduced curse effectiveness) would let you be capped in Ele weakness maps? Not to mention making all curse maps less strenuous

Thats a nice jewel you have. Still that jewel in the mind over matter socket is equal value to a fertile mind jewel in the scion area so for most people thats the easier option.

Every single jewel in my tree is either brute force solution or fertile mind except for the one above the witch as its the only one that can't hit anything useful to convert

The emperors jewels are steadily getting more and more affordable as more enter the market and they are niche enough that not that many people actually want them

The high tier map's elemental weakness mod is -34. With that curse node it goes down to -26. My lowest resistance is 142 so yeah It would still go undercapped and the use of a resistance flask is still a good idea but its a neat option

I chose to ignore that node when I was hurting for ES and the 6% ES and 14% Armour seemed more appealing but now that my defenses are plenty high I think I will make the change when we get the free skill tree reset so I don't need to spend regret orbs
yo Waffet thanks for the build, im doing it on Atlas as first guy 4 fun. will get some spell dmg/elemental dmg then respec :P

I decided to run -25% curse effectiveness on you ascention before the block one, its so much better for curse maps, and curse = more packs brah. gotta get them exp!

Check this out: http://prntscr.com/cd1t0o

Its a good int route after ur tree is done, i like ur tree, not bad at all.

I have a question, is it worth to make these changes:

-30 int (reroute) -39% casting (remove faster casting gem)
+50% inc aoe +50% area dmg +59% more area dmg (add %aoe %area dmg from tree and conc effect gem)

changes to the skill:
25% slower casting->75 secs becomes 1 second for the double cast of spell echo
DPS increases by 33% considering dmg increase x 2.0 casts per sec vs initial dmg x 2.6 casts per sec

Area of the skill reduces by 1,25*0,75 =~94% Area of the skill 25->~23 Area of the Shard 10->~9

Is 3 skill points and reduced casting is worth the 33% higher endgame damage and slightly lower area?

I made an excel about it
http://prntscr.com/cd1yws

I didnt consider on this math that the 3 skill points that would make me lose %area dmg would go to ~40 int because thats roughly ~600 dps add, about 5%, so not really 33% higher dmg, about 27~30% :)

Second thing:
I made a good gem arrangement I hope you like it:

helm: enlightment empower purity of ice discipline
staff: cold pen controlled destruction element focus LL spell echo faster casting
gloves:enlight blood magic purity of fire purity of lightning
boots: purity of elements clarity arctic armor enlightment
armor: cwdt immortal call increased duration enfeeble frost bomb golem

Thanks!
Last edited by kivex on Sep 1, 2016, 4:41:59 PM
@Kivex

Yes that +30 node is one of the good options after hitting level 90. At that point the person playing the build should know what is best for them. If they have good jewels then a jewel socket may be better though. I'm not sure where you are getting your figures about 50% increased AOE

My answer for both concentrated effect and faster casting is how enjoyable it is to play. Longer cast times mean more time spent glued to the ground and more time getting hit by things, smaller AOE means more time spent missing things and needing to cast more times per pack to hit everything. Both of these things will slow down your game even if they increase the DPS tooltip.

In fact now that my build is reaching the top end I have swapped herald of ice into haste. Not because of its damage but the movement speed and cast speed make the build feel more fluid

putting empower into the helm with overreserve yourself even with level 3 enlightens and spending extra reservation points in the tree and for not much benefit. It could only be done if you do not use arctic armor. The purity of elements also really needs to be in the helm as its +1 to socketed gems is pretty important. I do not recommend using empower

The rest of the gems look fine
Any chance for video soon? with update i would like to reset my Templar and maybe give it a try ?
Well all builds for templars seems meh for me but this one rly got my attention :)
IGN: TheRevolt
Hey, big fan :) Got to 90 with your build in previous league, first time I had such success with a character! So I'm very eager to go at the templar version for new league
I know you've explained the skill tree progression but I would love it very very much if you'd find some time and make skill tree progression links
There's just this pleasure in following the path and makes leveling seem a lot less frustrating when you complete a skill tree tier and move to the next one, if that makes any sense
either way keep up the great work and thank you for all your efforts so far :)

also hey why do we need block chance, for the stun thing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info