[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
OldboyX wrote:
"
haxers wrote:

Same question here. What chest would you recommend other than shavs.

Awesome build btw.

I honestly don't think the build really works without shavs, like WaffleT pointed out the entire idea revolves around
a) using all unique items to get 2300~ int
b) getting resists with all purity auras (i.e. you must reserve life AND mana)
c) being a lowlife build for the 30% more dmg multiplier

Ah I see. I was hoping gearing can be tweaked for more budget oriented approach.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
"
haxers wrote:

Ah I see. I was hoping gearing can be tweaked for more budget oriented approach.

Nah the pricetag of the shavs is offset by the gutter cheap price of the rest of the gear but its pretty essential. Personaly I find that shavs is cheaper then a really high tier ES chest but it does fluctuate

Some others have run with a solarus lorica until they can afford the shavs but its squishier and just until you can afford the real piece.

The guardian as a class is in an odd place as it practically necessitates shavs. Every single guardian build in these forums is lowlife. Half don't use shavs but they are support builds and mostly try to just stay away from chaos damage
Any vids of this?

I just got my hands on a Whispering Ice so I'm looking for a good build to follow.

Edit: also, so it seems this build is about 15-17ex to get going? 13ex for a 6L shavs and then 2-4ex or so for the rest? Seems pretty exxy so if there is a cheaper alternative I'd be keen to know. Do we even need 6L shav's? looks like you have 2 discipline so probably not?

Last edited by brunowa on Aug 24, 2016, 7:51:05 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
Any vids of this?

I just got my hands on a Whispering Ice so I'm looking for a good build to follow.

Edit: also, so it seems this build is about 15-17ex to get going? 13ex for a 6L shavs and then 2-4ex or so for the rest? Seems pretty exxy so if there is a cheaper alternative I'd be keen to know. Do we even need 6L shav's? looks like you have 2 discipline so probably not?

This is a common question about the shavs so I'm going to go back and make it more clear then the single line in the gear section mentioning that the shavs doesn't need to be 6 linked

Current starting cost in standard

Shavronne's Wrappings (unlinked) 5ex
Astramentis 1ex
Perandus Signetx2 (non legacy) 35c each
Whispering Ice (low int roll) 2c
Black Sun Crest (low Int roll) 1c
Asenath's Gentle Touch 1c
Sin Trek 2c
Perandus Blazon 1c

Total 6ex 77c

Upgrade Whispering ice Int roll 40c
Black Sun Crest Int roll 40c
Perandus Signet into legacy versions 2ex each.
(Shavs never needs to be linked)

Full gear cost with everything upgraded: 10ex 84c
Last edited by WaffleT on Aug 24, 2016, 10:03:30 AM
Have you thought about doing a grand spectrum version of this build? Both grand spectrum and whispering ice reward going after int travel nodes, and the mana type grand spectrums are a great way of giving you more ES on a guardian.

Tree I had in mind
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 24, 2016, 11:24:14 AM
Hello mate, I'm doing your build. Missing a few things now. Just do not understand a thing, I do not know if you wrote it at some point here, but what would be the sequel to grab the ascendancy points? I looked at his character but I saw that you have scored all the points. I'm in doubt.

"
Novalisk wrote:
Have you thought about doing a grand spectrum version of this build? Both grand spectrum and whispering ice reward going after int travel nodes, and the mana type grand spectrums are a great way of giving you more ES on a guardian.

Tree I had in mind

The jewel in my tree that is giving the least Int is a fertile mind jewel giving 34 Int (only converting 1 travel node)

That jewel is giving

25% increased damage
32.5 flat mana (that gives flat ES from guardian)
13% Increased ES

In order to get to that level of value you'd need around 12-15 spectrum jewels as each individually can only give one stat at a time and they can never give %increased ES. In order to try and offset that you have cut leadership aura nodes which are essential as well unwavering stance and some of the other great hybrid nodes to spec into more jewels and the ES nodes which makes the choices less and less efficient.

Grand spectrum requires you to go "all in" and even the best jewel locations need to be changed but sadly I can't see it being better value then even my worst one while being much more expensive.
Last edited by WaffleT on Aug 24, 2016, 12:06:16 PM
"
OnlyAPoeUser wrote:
Hello mate, I'm doing your build. Missing a few things now. Just do not understand a thing, I do not know if you wrote it at some point here, but what would be the sequel to grab the ascendancy points? I looked at his character but I saw that you have scored all the points. I'm in doubt.

I'm not sure due to the grammar of your question but I think you are asking what order the ascendancy points should be spent in which would be

- Radient Faith (core of the build)
- Unwavering Faith (next good option)
- Bastion of Hope (just pretty good)
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
OnlyAPoeUser wrote:

I'm not sure due to the grammar of your question but I think you are asking what order the ascendancy points should be spent in which would be

- Radient Faith (core of the build)
- Unwavering Faith (next good option)
- Bastion of Hope (just pretty good)

I'm sorry, I do not speak English.
That was the information I was looking for.
Thank you.

From what I've been seeing, so I can make the node "Elemental Overload" to work properly, I need to do "crit" and for that I need to increase my "Global Crit. Str. Chance" in some way and the staff alone will not do.

For this I will need to buy a jewel that nowadays is costing something around 3/5 exalts (depending on the roll).
http://poe.trade/search/awohatosadarek

That way I'll keep using "Resolute Technique" as I can not get more money.
:/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info