[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
tkbowned wrote:
"
leichenlager wrote:
"
tkbowned wrote:
Is the 34 int we get from socketing Fertile Mind in the slot below "melding" better than an extra Emperor jewel?

emperor jewels are limited to 1 each

You can use 2 different ones that give % INT afaik!

ye you can. i was under the assumption you are already using 2 and want to use a third. my bad then
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

tkbowned mentioned swapping in Conc effect and getting a little more crit at the same time... but honestly I never do this, curious as to how many of you actively swap this gem? The only time I've really used it is vs Atziri so as to not hit the mirror Atziri.

Some map bosses are stationary enough that Conc effect might be decent but I feel like Vs t16 guardians I value the Aoe more as it keeps hitting them while they move and the damage is fine anyhow.

Also, just for a bit of fun. Have you guys ever tried swapping in Inc duration on your Icestorm? not good but at over 8 seconds duration it's hilarious in Hideout to lag people out.

I use it on every boss, it's very nice not only for the tooltip but also because it makes the boss get hit more times, decoy totem does the trick for those bosses with high mobility.

Btw just got this :D
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

tkbowned mentioned swapping in Conc effect and getting a little more crit at the same time... but honestly I never do this, curious as to how many of you actively swap this gem? The only time I've really used it is vs Atziri so as to not hit the mirror Atziri.

Some map bosses are stationary enough that Conc effect might be decent but I feel like Vs t16 guardians I value the Aoe more as it keeps hitting them while they move and the damage is fine anyhow.

Also, just for a bit of fun. Have you guys ever tried swapping in Inc duration on your Icestorm? not good but at over 8 seconds duration it's hilarious in Hideout to lag people out.

99% of content I don't bother swapping. Atziri its useful as it does make aiming easier. Phoenix and Minotaur move around alot so yeah I didn't use conc for those. Conc is pretty good on shaper though

I remember back when Int gave icestorm %duration instead of flat, that was silly. Since the change I think people forget that it still does scale and when you get as much int as we do the base duration gets so high that increased duration makes it last unreasonably long
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 5, 2016, 9:50:46 PM
@WaffleT

For one node and very little investment into getting that 40% more multiplier I say EO is worth it. This is also why I'm running Voidbringer. It dings mana consumption but that's only felt on maps that have a constraint on mana regen (40%+) but the added crit chance scales crit into ~8%. It also adds another 800 ES which is pretty big. So all you're losing is a bit of mana and flat damage from the lack of Int. Then you also get ES per kill, which helps sustain and a +1 to your purities if you socket them into the gloves. I ran with Asenath's for the longest time but Voidbringer is just too good to pass up. Get a corrupted one with TC or better yet EW and you're laughing!

When you run Slyforth, do you spec out of US? I've wondered about it's stun resistance. Because with 40% physical damage reduction we don't take that much damage. I don't have US on my Juggernaut and he never gets stunned really.

I haven't specced into US yet and have been trying to mitigate stuns using the 80% stun prevention from the boot enchant but that only works if you're killing things. The 4 sec span is not enough and come bosses, they will stun you, it's just a matter of time. I've tried to mitigate stuns the best I can but I honestly can't see doing T13+ maps safely without US. Something will stun lock you and then it's GG. I'm tempted to buy Skyforths but if it can't deal with stuns any more effectively, I don't see the cost for just some mana reserve. And we lose the 30 int and something like 400 ES. Their only value would be to allow us to spec out of US and make better use of the jewel slots rather than waste them trying travel the Str nodes.

Duration is actually a massive dps boost when it comes to bosses. I've seen some people spec into it on the tree, which I think gives a total of 50% longer ice storms. You can stack those and just flood the ground, also greatly helping your leech. For the T16 bosses, it's a big big gain. I ran my Scion with it and it's well above noticeable. For clearing it does beans. I think the cost was like 6 nodes? If I could spec out of US, I would take it.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
tkbowned wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

I use it on every boss, it's very nice not only for the tooltip but also because it makes the boss get hit more times, decoy totem does the trick for those bosses with high mobility.

Gorgeous belt congrats!
Deliver pain exquisite
"
tkbowned wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Wow man you are just rolling in legacy items, impressive. Now you just gotta get one of the eyes of a greatwolf with %increased all attributes ;D
"
WaffleT wrote:

Wow man you are just rolling in legacy items, impressive. Now you just gotta get one of the eyes of a greatwolf with %increased all attributes ;D

Haha i'm just throwing all the currency i can to the build, looked into that Eyes of the Greatwolf thing...ewwwwwwwww, why you DO THIS TO ME?
I would buy a legacy shavs instead of that :P
"
@WaffleT

For one node and very little investment into getting that 40% more multiplier I say EO is worth it. This is also why I'm running Voidbringer. It dings mana consumption but that's only felt on maps that have a constraint on mana regen (40%+) but the added crit chance scales crit into ~8%. It also adds another 800 ES which is pretty big. So all you're losing is a bit of mana and flat damage from the lack of Int. Then you also get ES per kill, which helps sustain and a +1 to your purities if you socket them into the gloves. I ran with Asenath's for the longest time but Voidbringer is just too good to pass up. Get a corrupted one with TC or better yet EW and you're laughing!

When you run Slyforth, do you spec out of US? I've wondered about it's stun resistance. Because with 40% physical damage reduction we don't take that much damage. I don't have US on my Juggernaut and he never gets stunned really.

I haven't specced into US yet and have been trying to mitigate stuns using the 80% stun prevention from the boot enchant but that only works if you're killing things. The 4 sec span is not enough and come bosses, they will stun you, it's just a matter of time. I've tried to mitigate stuns the best I can but I honestly can't see doing T13+ maps safely without US. Something will stun lock you and then it's GG. I'm tempted to buy Skyforths but if it can't deal with stuns any more effectively, I don't see the cost for just some mana reserve. And we lose the 30 int and something like 400 ES. Their only value would be to allow us to spec out of US and make better use of the jewel slots rather than waste them trying travel the Str nodes.

Duration is actually a massive dps boost when it comes to bosses. I've seen some people spec into it on the tree, which I think gives a total of 50% longer ice storms. You can stack those and just flood the ground, also greatly helping your leech. For the T16 bosses, it's a big big gain. I ran my Scion with it and it's well above noticeable. For clearing it does beans. I think the cost was like 6 nodes? If I could spec out of US, I would take it.

Yeah I think voidbringers is another good option. Both have their pros and cons. gentle touch gloves are best for leveling but once you deal with mana issues then voidbingers have their benifit.

Without unwavering stance its only a matter of time until a boss stuns you and gets you killed. I think its essential IMO. Until you get skyforths, I currently have 3300 mana which means that stun is calculated as though I have 16,500 max life. I have never been stunned since I bought skyforth and unspecced out of unwavering and into the recommended tree in the build guide for those who have skyforth

Duration is great for those who don't have as high Int as this build but Int scales base duration pretty well itself, to compare the popular witch elementlist WI character has 5.66 second duration with the skill effect duration wheel. My current character has 5.78 second duration without it. Now I could go spec into it and get even higher but the only thing it would have any impact on at all would be tier 16 bosses and shaper. Even then I would prefer the more consistent damage gained from the good Int and cast speed still obtainable in the tree that provides ES and well as damage.
"
tkbowned wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:

Haha i'm just throwing all the currency i can to the build, looked into that Eyes of the Greatwolf thing...ewwwwwwwww, why you DO THIS TO ME?
I would buy a legacy shavs instead of that :P

Haha yeah its totally not worth it. I havn't actually done the math but I think it might even be worse because the Int increase isn't actually that much better and I'd have to check how many points would needed to be changed to still get 155 Str and dex to run all the gems after losing the 100 from Astramentis
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
@WaffleT

Yeah I think voidbringers is another good option. Both have their pros and cons. gentle touch gloves are best for leveling but once you deal with mana issues then voidbingers have their benifit.

Without unwavering stance its only a matter of time until a boss stuns you and gets you killed. I think its essential IMO. Until you get skyforths, I currently have 3300 mana which means that stun is calculated as though I have 16,500 max life. I have never been stunned since I bought skyforth and unspecced out of unwavering and into the recommended tree in the build guide for those who have skyforth

Personally the only reason I would consider voidbringer is if I could get a +1 gem level corrupt on them. With the +2 on purities and lvl 21 purities we would then get an extra +max res(might be 2, not sure on math with our inc aura effectiveness) Otherwise I'm saving for Atziri's Acuity.

I second waffle's point about Skyforths solving all stun issues. For the tree efficiency skyforths gives I almost read them as saying '+100 int' Even in the conceivable case that you're taking hits that will stun you Energy shield has 50% stun resistance built in and we have conditional immunity on block. There is no way you get stunlocked ever.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Oct 5, 2016, 10:41:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info