[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
WaffleT wrote:
The biggest advantage of this build is definitely the physical mitigation, elementalist can get more damage but no class scales armour/ES and flat physical reduction like the guardian. The game sometimes feels like path of one shot mechanics and high Es pools combined with mitigation is the best way to prevent that even more then infinite damage vaal pact builds.

With how many people are thinking guardian OP (they provide so much as pure support) it may be nerfed at some point. On the other hand everyone thinks scion is underpowered and she is quite close to being better then elemenalist in this particular build since she gets Int and skill points so the next time ascendencies get rebalanced it will be interesting to see what becomes best

I currently like enfeeble more then warlords partly because I like that thematic feel of not taking much damage more then taking big hits and then just leeching up before they get another hit. Another reason is that I've been seeing the videos showing how warlords is still bugged when combined with the life leech gem doing the order incorrectly and providing more leech then it should. I don't want to rate it in its bugged form and then need to readjust when they fix the bug

Pinnacle amounts of damage are only apparent on end-game bosses. Everything else, even trash mobs in T16 die instantly, even with heavy mods on them (or you). I never hunt for added damage unless it's boatloads without much sacrifice. Having mitigation is worth way more. High HP/ES, high resists, high physical damage reduction are all amazing for end-game content.

The Witch/Scion don't actually get that much more damage, it's just they run with fire WI, which inherently tops ice unfortunately. Going ice basically cuts off like a 30% multiplicative dps spike. Can't really get much freeze from the tree either to make it worth it. A shame because ice plays so much better with the freezes and explosions; so much more visceral.

I'm like the Templar so far just for his durability, which is exactly what I feel WI needs the most. We have great AoE, good damage, good everything else, but don't output near enough to be so glass cannon. The added ES from mana reserve synergizes so well with the build too. I want to almost yank my lvl 4 Enlightens to see just how low I can get my reserve lol. I haven't taken an ES nodes and am at 9k ES at level 82, just crazy.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
tkbowned wrote:
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Hi im trying this out, currently level 67 and my ES is only 4.3k fully buffed.

Can you take a look at my char and see if anything is wrong? Besides missing the last two ascendancy (going to get them today/tomorrow).

Nearing 1.5k int.

Your profile is private, but you can check mine if you want, atm lvl 64 i think with 5.5k+ ES.

Okay I changed it now, Im running most auras, and hit 5k es now, is the other 5k gained just from levels and getting int? I feel quite squishy to be honest, especially against bosses my leech doesnt seem to do very much at all.

Would love some help im just not seeing the strength to this build :(

Did I take some wrong stuff in the tree? I sorta rushed the reserve nodes so i can run 5 auras on mana and 2 on life
Last edited by bitbite11 on Oct 4, 2016, 11:30:17 PM
"
bitbite11 wrote:

Okay I changed it now, Im running most auras, and hit 5k es now, is the other 5k gained just from levels and getting int? I feel quite squishy to be honest, especially against bosses my leech doesnt seem to do very much at all.

Did I take some wrong stuff in the tree? I sorta rushed the reserve nodes so i can run 5 auras on mana and 2 on life

Your gems are pretty low level so I'd think your resistances are not that high yet which will make ele damage much more threatening. Also your discipline provides much of the ES and will give you that much more with levels.

You did get all the utility of the tree first which means that the points from now will be giving Int at a better ratio and the build scales exponentially through Int, the more you have the more value it gives. Even little things like getting a staff with a better int roll and each level start becoming more noticeable as your Int total grows

The jewel socket in the leftmost side of the tree is commonly overlooked but is the best value int in the tree. Brute force solution in it gives 74 Int and is better value then nodes like cold hearted calculation

I don't know your mana total but you have some enlighten jewels so I'd be looking to change herald of ice into haste, probably just need to use a lower level clarity on life. Being able to easily dodge attacks helps avoid damage while your ES pool is lower. Its especially important to be reserving as much of your mana as possible while still being able to cast as reserved mana = ES
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 4, 2016, 11:58:22 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
bitbite11 wrote:

Your gems are pretty low level so I'd think your resistances are not that high yet which will make ele damage much more threatening. Also your discipline provides much of the ES and will give you that much more with levels.

You did get all the utility of the tree first which means that the points from now will be giving Int at a better ratio and the build scales exponentially through Int, the more you have the more value it gives. Even little things like getting a staff with a better int roll and each level start becoming more noticeable as your Int total grows

The jewel socket in the leftmost side of the tree is commonly overlooked but is the best value int in the tree. Brute force solution in it gives 74 Int and is better value then nodes like cold hearted calculation

I don't know your mana total but you have some enlighten jewels so I'd be looking to change herald of ice into haste, probably just need to use a lower level clarity on life. Being able to easily dodge attacks helps avoid damage while your ES pool is lower. Its especially important to be reserving as much of your mana as possible while still being able to cast as reserved mana = ES

Thanks for the reply. Okay ill stick it out for a while longer and get those levels I need. I tried to get as high roll things as I could for the int. Hopefully it goes better. Is elemental overload worth getting asap? My crit chance is super low so im not sure how much it will help.

I put clarity on health and now am using haste instead of herald, its smoother gameplay for sure.

And lastly, any suggestions for gear upgrades? I can afford a taste of hate right now or I can keep saving for atziris
Last edited by bitbite11 on Oct 5, 2016, 10:34:16 AM
Is the 34 int we get from socketing Fertile Mind in the slot below "melding" better than an extra Emperor jewel?
"
bitbite11 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Okay ill stick it out for a while longer and get those levels I need. I tried to get as high roll things as I could for the int. Hopefully it goes better. Is elemental overload worth getting asap? My crit chance is super low so im not sure how much it will help.

I put clarity on health and now am using haste instead of herald, its smoother gameplay for sure.

And lastly, any suggestions for gear upgrades? I can afford a taste of hate right now or I can keep saving for atziris

depends if you feel like you need damage. ele overload can be forced to trigger with things like CWDT ice spear or orb of storms if you need it for the boss battles.

I didn't spec into it until I started doing tier 14+ maps and felt like the extra damage would be useful. The build never gets above 5% crit chance as controlled destruction keeps it down but you get enough cast speed that its up enough of the time naturally without forcing it using another skill

I'd save for atziris while keeping an eye out for affordable brute force/fertile mind jewels with high int rolls and a staff/helmet with the max Int roll.

I do have a tendency to undervalue flasks though. I know people love them but the templar already gets so much more physical mitigation then a ES build would normally get and a basalt flask is plenty
"
tkbowned wrote:
Is the 34 int we get from socketing Fertile Mind in the slot below "melding" better than an extra Emperor jewel?

If your base Int is above 600 which it should be then yes either emperor jewel will be better then fertile mind.

If you have both emperor jewels then the socket above the witch and the socket above melding are the best spots until above level 90 when you can get another jewel socket that doesn't have anything in radius to convert.
"
tkbowned wrote:

emperor jewels are limited to 1 each
"
leichenlager wrote:
"
tkbowned wrote:

You can use 2 different ones that give % INT afaik!
"
tkbowned wrote:
"
leichenlager wrote:
"
tkbowned wrote:

You can use 2 different ones that give % INT afaik!

Yes. Although At high lvl as Waffle said there are better places to put the emperors Jewels.
with all perfect %int gear and both Jewels you get 100% inc int. Which is pretty good if you ask me.

Considering we already have %inc int I disagree with his point that it's better at 600 base int, flat int you get is increased by existing %inc int and the more %inc you have the less good %inc is.

If you are getting 34 int from the conversion jewel, with perfect %inc int gear that is 34*1.87= 63.58 int

Even if you have 900 base int the conversion Jewel is better. with 900 base int Perfect emperors mastery = 900*0.07 = 63

Obviously much more than 900 base int and Emperors mastery is better. And for Emperors wit to be better you need a little more than 1050 base int. If you already have one emperor's Jewel it also takes more base int for the other to be better than the conversion Jewel.

If you look at mine or WaffleT's tree through the forum's character viewer you can see exactly where we put our emperor's Jewels

For reference perfect %inc int gear is perfect int on hat and staff and both Perandus rings Legacy with full unique set.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Oct 5, 2016, 6:02:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info