[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Medoo wrote:
What are some leveling tips you guys have? What links are most important? What items to go for first? When to start with auras?

I have about 100c to spend on this build.

Use purity of Elements and discipline ASAP
Start using whispering ice at lvl 33 as well as both Perandus signets, Astramentis and your gloves. add prescribed gear as you level into it.
until then use firestorm+flame totem in +level items
Your first Lab run is important.
Even if you're not using them yet level all your purities ASAP. Level extra discipline's for more chances to get lvl 21 discipline

Early on you will not be able to sustain full 7-link. Don't feel bad about using gems like reduced mana cost or mana leech
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Oct 6, 2016, 5:47:02 PM
"
Medoo wrote:
What are some leveling tips you guys have? What links are most important? What items to go for first? When to start with auras?

If you're playing SC, I always always always go glass cannon and invest in movement speed so you can progress through the difficulties quickly. I usually aim to be 2-3 levels below what area I'm running. If you die on normal it's a minor set up to rerun the area. If you die even on merciless, it's not that big of a deal. You take the 10% exp hit but since you're moving so fast, you can make that up in a few packs. WI is nice in that it inherently gives you CC by way of chill and it's got great range and AoE.

There are no links for this build, WI only needs the sockets. The most links you need on your chest are 3 at a given time. Get 6S and roll two 3x links. Shav's aren't cheap 6L or not though, so 100c won't get you one. For the chest you're looking at about 5ex for a crappy one, no sockets or links. But you can run this build for a while till you need the chest (can only start wearing it at level 62 anyway). I leveled up using Tabula and an Icetomb once I got some levels under my belt.

Asenath's you can start using early on, even before WI so that's a plus; the TC gives amazing CC. I ran using Sunder till I could use WI. Doedre's Scorn is what I used as a helmet till I could run with Black Sun, which again a nicely rolled one doesn't come cheap. You're looking at about 1-2ex for ~13% on Int. I think there are only a handful of ones that have 15% (I am one of those selling one :p) and it's gonna be expensive!

I already had the signets and I would suggest grabbing them first as they will give you 6% increased exp, which is just a nice boost over the course of leveling a new hero. You could also run Chitus' Apex for an additional 5% exp gain.

The auras don't matter all that much and I ran purity of elements just to get my resists up without having to worry about gear first. You won't have ascendancy points so they won't add to your ES anyway so just run with whatever you feel supplements your gear the best.

WI has a really sharp damage spike early on, so you can pretty much just coast on the skill alone till you reach A4m, after that you should start having some kind of build or the entire act is gonna be slow moving.

But as with leveling up any new hero, the imperative is to clear the acts as fast as possible. Worry about your build when you start hitting level 60+.
Deliver pain exquisite
Hi,

Can someone tell me about actual damage this build does (considering no legacy items as currently i am playing in ESC). This is my second character and currently i just want to push for uber atziri and shaper. So I am really worried about the damage. Sorry if this sounds wierd but i couldn't bring my self to play meta BV.

Thank you
Last edited by pegasus93 on Oct 6, 2016, 6:23:16 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
"
Medoo wrote:

Use purity of Elements and discipline ASAP
Start using whispering ice at lvl 33 as well as both Perandus signets, Astramentis and your gloves. add prescribed gear as you level into it.
until then use firestorm+flame totem in +level items
Your first Lab run is important.
Even if you're not using them yet level all your purities ASAP. Level extra discipline's for more chances to get lvl 21 discipline

Early on you will not be able to sustain full 7-link. Don't feel bad about using gems like reduced mana cost or mana leech

All best items for build are uniques? From the first page?
"
pegasus93 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone tell me about actual damage this build does (considering no legacy items as currently i am playing in ESC). This is my second character and currently i just want to push for uber atziri and shaper. So I am really worried about the damage. Sorry if this sounds wierd but i couldn't bring my self to play meta BV.

Thank you

Sure so going from legacy rings to non legacy my damage goes from 8515 to 7453

and my ES goes from 10k to 9.1k

Its a noticeable loss when looking at the numbers in hideout but not build breaking and not that noticeable while actually playing

EDIT: I have uploaded new screenshots on the main page and now show a version with legacy rings and a version with non-legacy rings
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 6, 2016, 7:40:34 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
pegasus93 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you

Sure so going from legacy rings to non legacy my damage goes from 8515 to 7453

and my ES goes from 10k to 9.1k

Ice storm damage can be quite deceptive. I'd just like to point out this is still shaper viable.

Edit- nevermind. Small optimization for lvl 93 character, not optimal for higher/lvl 100
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Oct 6, 2016, 8:44:46 PM
Technically you can kill Shaper with a tooltip damage of 1 since he doesn't actually heal. It would just take you like 3 years lol

Also, Shaper isn't that hard. His mechanics are easy enough to dodge. He's got his big hitter, the ray and the rest is just spamming orbs at you, to which you hide under Zana. Rinse repeat. Honestly he isn't really any harder than uber Atziri (I'd say less so as with Atziri you have lots of RNG to deal with). There are a large number of builds that have killed him, some with like 5k life.

All proper end-game builds should be able to tackle him.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Technically you can kill Shaper with a tooltip damage of 1 since he doesn't actually heal. It would just take you like 3 years lol

Also, Shaper isn't that hard. His mechanics are easy enough to dodge. He's got his big hitter, the ray and the rest is just spamming orbs at you, to which you hide under Zana. Rinse repeat. Honestly he isn't really any harder than uber Atziri (I'd say less so as with Atziri you have lots of RNG to deal with). There are a large number of builds that have killed him, some with like 5k life.

All proper end-game builds should be able to tackle him.

The ray is facetankable with this build. It's the orbs that are a pain.
@Drahnier123 Yeah I've seen videos of people outleeching it with various builds.

@WaffleT, have you tried this build with a Scion? I'm tempted to respec mine, I know her ascendancy tree is garbage but it does giver her an additional 60-80 more Int. You could push into close to 2800 Int with it. Just tempted for the sake of yolo lol
Deliver pain exquisite
"

Asenath's you can start using early on, even before WI so that's a plus; the TC gives amazing CC. I ran using Sunder till I could use WI. Doedre's Scorn is what I used as a helmet till I could run with Black Sun, which again a nicely rolled one doesn't come cheap. You're looking at about 1-2ex for ~13% on Int. I think there are only a handful of ones that have 15% (I am one of those selling one :p) and it's gonna be expensive!

I already had the signets and I would suggest grabbing them first as they will give you 6% increased exp, which is just a nice boost over the course of leveling a new hero. You could also run Chitus' Apex for an additional 5% exp gain.

So I bought staff, both rings, gloves, amulet.
Should I also get perandus blazon(belt)?
Gloves and helms are coming when I get levels.
Chest won't be shavs for a loooong time.

I love builds that are all unique items :)
Last edited by Medoo on Oct 7, 2016, 4:07:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info