[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

Do I spec CI before I get my hands on shavs?
hi, man. i can't use 2 or more aure DISCIPLINE. use all gear like a your build
@Espenhein
Guardian really wants to be lowlife and losing two auras is a pretty big hit. I'd probably use Solaris lorica and have low ES or a good ES chest and just occasionally die to chaos damage while avoiding as much as you can until you can get one.

Some people have gone CI and gotten resistances and such elsewhere until they could bridge the gap

@cheesezzz
Get all the aura reservation nodes in the tree.
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Losing Unwavering Stance makes Shapers Touch a serious contender for Atziri's though, in terms of defensive mechanics.

I bought a pair earlier to test that out. The evasion levels of the build are quite low especially without sin trek. It kinda needs grace to be worthwhile and that has a pretty decent opportunity cost to add in.

Even with grace the chance to avoid only goes from an estimated 10% to %55 which is good but not massively OP

Atziri's has up to 80 Int. Doubled from the %increased Int into 160. That number is a very significant amount of ES. ES has the advantage of protecting against trap damage, chaos damage, degen damage, spells and other forms of undodgable damage that evasion doesn't work on. Plus it has a decent amount of armour on them and the build does utilise its armour

Oh and 160 Int is a whole lot of damage which also improves the leech rate

I'm currently leaning towards atziri's as my preference but I certainly see the argument for shapers

Thanks so much! it's great to hear some actual %evasion numbers that the build manages to hit. A great help for my future plans. :)
I straight up love this build, yesterday I spent 2ex for a perfect Whispering Ice when my existing one was only missing 1% cast speed :\ probably not the best investment but it was bothering me.
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Thanks so much! it's great to hear some actual %evasion numbers that the build manages to hit. A great help for my future plans. :)
I straight up love this build, yesterday I spent 2ex for a perfect Whispering Ice when my existing one was only missing 1% cast speed :\ probably not the best investment but it was bothering me.

I'm very glad to hear you are enjoying the build :)

I totally understand you there. I just spent 3ex to get a perfectly rolled astramantis because it was bugging me. I'm actually very close to hitting 2500 Int which is my next milestone :)
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 12, 2016, 5:50:17 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

I'm very glad to hear you are enjoying the build :)

I totally understand you there. I just spent 3ex to get a perfectly rolled astramantis because it was bugging me. I'm actually very close to hitting 2500 Int which is my next milestone :)

Haha, just resist the urge to 6l/no link your whispering Ice :p
perfect Atramentis is next on my list after Emperors Wit :) (That 20 Ex legacy Astramentis though :O)
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 12, 2016, 6:21:10 PM
2500 Int achieved. Woop woop. Its nice to have that goal ticket off my to do list
"
WaffleT wrote:
2500 Int achieved. Woop woop. Its nice to have that goal ticket off my to do list

I am a bit sceptical about the 2500int and the hideout dps tooltip (8104dmg) without conc effect, with the gear you posted.

I used the same exact tree, the same exact gear, perfect fertile minds and brute force jewels in the perfect spots, and 3 rare jewels with int and cold dmg, and my int cannot pass the 2250 barrier, my dps cannot pass the 6,5k tooltip barrier.

If u are using emperors mastery etc jewels i can explain the 2500 int, but no way i can explain the 8104dmg tooltip that u showed in hideout with faster casting.

I am same lvl, and all my suuport gems on icestorm are 20/20 at least.

Can i have any explanation about this please?

Thanks!
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Sep 18, 2016, 4:47:49 PM
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:

I am a bit sceptical about the 2500int and the hideout dps tooltip (8104dmg) without conc effect, with the gear you posted.

I used the same exact tree, the same exact gear, perfect fertile minds and brute force jewels in the perfect spots, and 3 rare jewels with int and cold dmg, and my int cannot pass the 2250 barrier, my dps cannot pass the 6,5k tooltip barrier.

If u are using emperors mastery etc jewels i can explain the 2500 int, but no way i can explain the 8104dmg tooltip that u showed in hideout with faster casting.

I am same lvl, and all my suuport gems on icestorm are 20/20 at least.

Can i have any explanation about this please?

Thanks!

If you actually looked at his profile you'd see he's using Skyforth now and has changed his tree to be more int efficient dropping unwavering stance. As well as having the Emperors jewels.

For the record at lvl 92, without Skyforth but with both Emperors jewels I have 2374 Int. I could have more but I'm pathing to a Jewel node atm.

Maybe WaffleT Should update a high budget version of this build? It might scare new players away though as the build is very viable without such things

As for the damage tooltip, remember every point of Int is worth more than the previous point, giving more flat damage to be scaled by all the previous %increase and more %increase to scale all the previous flat damage.

Also @WaffleT

I'm now running Haste and Purity on life. Can afford to add low lvl clarity to that but keeping it on Mana for ES for now. I should be able to add Arctic Armour on top of the auras you're using at the moment :D Once I get level'd enlightens that is. Pretty happy with that.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 18, 2016, 6:33:25 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

If you actually looked at his profile you'd see he's using Skyforth now and has changed his tree to be more int efficient dropping unwavering stance. As well as having the Emperors jewels.

For the record at lvl 92, without Skyforth but with both Emperors jewels I have 2374 Int. I could have more but I'm pathing to a Jewel node atm.

Maybe WaffleT Should update a high budget version of this build? It might scare new players away though as the build is very viable without such things

As for the damage tooltip, remember every point of Int is worth more than the previous point, giving more flat damage to be scaled by all the previous %increase and more %increase to scale all the previous flat damage.

So you are telling me that 250int (which is my difference from the op) equals to 1500+ tooltip dmg?
That is kinda hard to believe..
Also you stated that at lvl 92 without Skyforth and with both emperors jewels u got 2375int.
I have 2250int at the same lvl and without emperors jewels. How come he has 2500int even with both emperors jewels and no int on boots, is his tree outdated compared to stats screenshots? Something confuses me here.

I would also like to mention that leaving US for more intelligence is not so wise, stun immunity is a MUST at high end mapping and the route converts to int with brute force jewel

Last edited by nel0angel0 on Sep 18, 2016, 7:12:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info