[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

hi OP just wanted to say im lvl 84 with ur build, i understand why put frost walker now.. u lack the ress :P.

I highly recommend putting into alchemy, u wont regret mate, quicksilver OpieOP buff
"
kivex wrote:
hi OP just wanted to say im lvl 84 with ur build, i understand why put frost walker now.. u lack the ress :P.

I highly recommend putting into alchemy, u wont regret mate, quicksilver OpieOP buff

if you're looking for options or more overcap Jewels can help too, I've got a 10% fire and cold, 12% cold and lightning, 6% ES jewel that I'm quite happy running in this build.

I only wish int rolls and resists weren't both jewel suffix. At least Energy shield is prefix

Been thinking about Alchemist in next few lvls myself :)
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 8, 2016, 11:01:42 PM
"
kivex wrote:

frost walker does cap out the cold resistance but is also just good damage for the points

I understand why people like alchemy but I just can't find 3 points that I would want to cut for it. Most of the flasks don't really need to be boosted with the best being the quicksilver movement speed. Once I was high enough to run haste I didn't feel like more movement speed was worth cutting the 100 Int I would get from 3 points elsewhere as thats alot of ES and damage to lose for movement speed
my path is a little more defensive, instead of haste i use onslaught potion with remove curse + alchemy, then use the extra mana for blasphemy enfeeble, also i put clarity on the life, just for the phys dmg reduction, i dont need mana regen anymore. im using vertex until i get shavrones, that way im at 6k with lorica + vertex :/. i dont mind having a bit less int and feel more confortable with watching streams while playing xD i dont care about rushing exp so hard, also, i think im faster then you and have more casting spd bonus because of alchemy, haste gives like 20% casting, onslaught give that without alchemy, haste gives 10% mov speed, quicksilver gives more with alchemy =P.
i didnt feel the need for clarity even on 60% regen maps, maybe i improve blood magic to 21 just for clarity lvls, but doesnt matter really.
i got emperor wit, emperor mastery will probably be out of the market for a while... havent seen any.

my 15% int black sun is waiting for me when i get shavs tho, they are asking fkin 8 ex right now :/

https://poe.mikelat.com/#MTydT1/xB3l.3D/W4ck.Onb/y79hb.

this is my changed build.
6th slot on armor is lightning golem
3rd and 4th slots on boots is vaal discipline and haste
the better the enlightment/bloodmagic the better the clarity, can get a lvl 20 clarity with maximum effort, its something useless but its something to do after get everything haha
Last edited by kivex on Sep 11, 2016, 7:35:59 AM
"
kivex wrote:
my path is a little more defensive, instead of haste i use onslaught potion with remove curse + alchemy, then use the extra mana for blasphemy enfeeble, also i put clarity on the life, just for the phys dmg reduction, i dont need mana regen anymore. im using vertex until i get shavrones, that way im at 6k with lorica + vertex :/. i dont mind having a bit less int and feel more confortable with watching streams while playing xD i dont care about rushing exp so hard, also, i think im faster then you and have more casting spd bonus because of alchemy, haste gives like 20% casting, onslaught give that without alchemy, haste gives 10% mov speed, quicksilver gives more with alchemy =P.
i didnt feel the need for clarity even on 60% regen maps, maybe i improve blood magic to 21 just for clarity lvls, but doesnt matter really.
i got emperor wit, emperor mastery will probably be out of the market for a while... havent seen any.

my 15% int black sun is waiting for me when i get shavs tho, they are asking fkin 8 ex right now :/

https://poe.mikelat.com/#MTydT1/xB3l.3D/W4ck.Onb/y79hb.

this is my changed build.
6th slot on armor is lightning golem
3rd and 4th slots on boots is vaal discipline and haste
the better the enlightment/bloodmagic the better the clarity, can get a lvl 20 clarity with maximum effort, its something useless but its something to do after get everything haha

With the aura effectiveness nodes Haste gives 27% cast speed but only 15% movement speed which is more cast speed then onslaught flask but slightly less movement speed. Haste can be used at the same time as an onslaught flask but they are very comparable in value.

I do have a bias against all temporary buffs though. I like permanent things. Charges that run out between packs and flasks that need to be monitored for constant up time bug me

I've also put clarity on life at the moment. Aura setups definitely change around your circumstance
true. i click 2 buttons tho: 1 for resist cold flask, silver, atziri and granite, button 2 for quicksilver, its weird, i use before every 2 mobs, quicksilver too, its automatic, and 24/7 active, 1 before mobs, 2 before running away haha. haste is ok, but im rly liking enfeeble, i never died again ever. i could change enfeeble to haste and silver to the reduce phys dmg potion, id remove alchemy node tho, so thats 3 points going to int... vertex is also making it easier vs chaos monsters, i sustain vs everything easily, if they hit me.. (:
Hey WaffleT

I see on your profile that you are now using Skyforths and have a lil extra crit with emperors Wit

Do you consistently keep power charges up? and do you feel this makes much of a DPS difference even with controlled destruction negating 2 power charges?

Can we get a screenshot of Icestorm damage with 0 and with 3 power charges with your current setup?
TLDR Skyforth worth? I mean even without power charges it's pretty good in that the tree is much more efficient, making up for lost int with unwavering stance and mana reservation passives. Just wondering how much difference the power charges make.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 11, 2016, 10:40:53 PM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
Hey WaffleT

I see on your profile that you are now using Skyforths and have a lil extra crit with emperors Wit

Do you consistently keep power charges up? and do you feel this makes much of a DPS difference even with controlled destruction negating 2 power charges?

Can we get a screenshot of Icestorm damage with 0 and with 3 power charges with your current setup?
TLDR Skyforth worth? I mean even without power charges it's pretty good in that the tree is much more efficient, making up for lost int with unwavering stance and mana reservation passives. Just wondering how much difference the power charges make.

The build is not a crit build. It rarely crits and doesn't get any power charges very often so that part of them just isn't really a consideration.

I bought a pair because I was earning currency and decided to spend it on something. Unspeccing out of unwavering stance and mana reservation into more efficient Int in the tree increased my total by around 60 Int and some elemental damage.

Soo In terms of value its a direct upgrade from Sin Trek. In terms of cost to value its quite low and Atziri's acuity would be a more impactful upgrade while being cheaper.
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
Hey WaffleT

The build is not a crit build. It rarely crits and doesn't get any power charges very often so that part of them just isn't really a consideration.

I bought a pair because I was earning currency and decided to spend it on something. Unspeccing out of unwavering stance and mana reservation into more efficient Int in the tree increased my total by around 60 Int and some elemental damage.

Soo In terms of value its a direct upgrade from Sin Trek. In terms of cost to value its quite low and Atziri's acuity would be a more impactful upgrade while being cheaper.

Losing Unwavering Stance makes Shapers Touch a serious contender for Atziri's though, in terms of defensive mechanics.
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Losing Unwavering Stance makes Shapers Touch a serious contender for Atziri's though, in terms of defensive mechanics.

I bought a pair earlier to test that out. The evasion levels of the build are quite low especially without sin trek. It kinda needs grace to be worthwhile and that has a pretty decent opportunity cost to add in.

Even with grace the chance to avoid only goes from an estimated 10% to %55 which is good but not massively OP

Atziri's has up to 80 Int. Doubled from the %increased Int into 160. That number is a very significant amount of ES. ES has the advantage of protecting against trap damage, chaos damage, degen damage, spells and other forms of undodgable damage that evasion doesn't work on. Plus it has a decent amount of armour on them and the build does utilise its armour

Oh and 160 Int is a whole lot of damage which also improves the leech rate

I'm currently leaning towards atziri's as my preference but I certainly see the argument for shapers
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 12, 2016, 10:27:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info