[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

Not sure if this was mentioned, but with the new crystal belt base + the Deafening Essence of Spite, would this combo be the new BiS option on belt depending on decent rolls? possible 130+ flat es + 58int on a belt not to mention other stats you can get; flask related rolls, resists, etc. Build looks great, I might take an interest in making it later on :)
"
Jobo wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned, but with the new crystal belt base + the Deafening Essence of Spite, would this combo be the new BiS option on belt depending on decent rolls? possible 130+ flat es + 58int on a belt not to mention other stats you can get; flask related rolls, resists, etc. Build looks great, I might take an interest in making it later on :)

IMO it depends on how far you are pushing the build. The more int you get the more valuable every extra bit of int becomes. Perandus Blazon is for sure more int.

I'd offer a guess that the rare belt would be better if you're not pushing the build even further with things like Emperors Jewels and Skyforth. but if you really want to push the limits and unless you really have a GG mirror tier Rare, I'd drop it for a unique again.

The Rare should give more ES but you lose out on damage. However gaining more resists might make you Ele weakness capped or let you drop Purity of Elements for another Aura(not too sure about this, would really need to be max rolls). Don't forget Perandus Blazon already gives a good flask related roll

Both have their merits but IMO if you're pushing the limits Perandus might be better, and if you have mirror tier rares just make a nice elementalist build or something.

Personally I really like the aesthetic of a build that functions with a full unique load-out too :)

There are other versions of whispering Ice which scale damage to fire and get some nice double dipping nodes and then pick up a few rares. Those would love a good rare crystal belt.
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 23, 2016, 12:58:07 AM
"
Jobo wrote:

When I remove Blazen I lose 133 Int

A max rolled essence of spite would provide 112 Int (58 x 1.94)

That gap would continue to widen as extra Int was obtained as the 6% increased Int from blazen would gain extra effectiveness while the rare remained the same.

Ultimately if the belts flat ES and resistance levels (fire resistance needed) were high enough then its worth losing the 20+ Int to gain ES and lose some damage

Blazen is cheaper, easier, has flask duration and increased quantity of items though

The crystal belt would probably be best in slot between levels 70-90 and then at some point past 90 the %int of blazen would tip it back towards blazen being the better option

@Drahnier I agree with your assessment and its nice knowing that someone else understands the build. Its not really possible for a rare to replace purity of elements though as its providing 45% to all resistances and its not possible for a belt to roll that as well as the extra fire resistance needed
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 23, 2016, 6:37:08 AM
Ah. I completely dismissed the rings effect when I posted that. Unique is better for sure, esp once u reach a high amount of int.
would be cool to see a video of this build fighting a t16 boss or t15
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
would be cool to see a video of this build fighting a t16 boss or t15

A common request. I've finally finished building my new PC so now I can record without having the risk of dying to the severe lag that recording on the old one would create

I've uploaded a linked a tier 15 core map. I'll record the next tier16 that drops for me as well, hopefully I actually get some good map drops
thanks for the vids!

just getting started to level a templer and now i'm even more hyped :)
Sorry can I get some help here

I have identical equipment as yours (maybe the int roll is not as high) and the same passive point, why my int is only 1439, I understand my Int would be lower since the roll is not as high but the gap is too big

Please see my character profile below

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ruey50/characters

Thanks a lot
"
ruey50 wrote:
Sorry can I get some help here

I have identical equipment as yours (maybe the int roll is not as high) and the same passive point, why my int is only 1439, I understand my Int would be lower since the roll is not as high but the gap is too big

Please see my character profile below

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ruey50/characters

Thanks a lot

You do not have legacy rings but your Int should still be over 2000 by that level. Your helmet and staff have quite low %increased Int rolls which is lowering your Int alot but probably the largest part is your jewels.

There are two sockets on the left hand side of the tree that need brute force solution jewels and would normally be providing the biggest Int boosts of the build, one you haven't allocated at all and one has a rare jewel instead. Your other jewels also are not providing the Int they should be if they were the correct unique jewel to convert their surroundings into Int

You've spent 9 points getting Melding and the witch ES nodes instead of my tree which also explains your lowered Int total
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 24, 2016, 9:04:55 AM
"
Shikari123 wrote:
thanks for the vids!

just getting started to level a templer and now i'm even more hyped :)

I never know what to say to comments like these just dropping in to say hi. I do appreciate them though, just harder to come up with a good response compared to the people asking questions

I hope you have an enjoyable time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info