Chris: You are Wrong about Red Maps.

"
Ruefl2x wrote:
but one thing bothers me and i remember a similar statement from qarl in the closed 2.0 beta.
they really think people are not doing red maps because they are hard (to play) whereas in reality they are hard to even get. i really don't know why they keep telling us that bullcrap.

Don't forget, players are "scared to get a +2 in a map" (ROFL), a concept that no longer applies, as they have 8 Ascendancy Points and overpowered Uniques to toy with now.

:>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
vio wrote:
and i was not calling for "banning players".

Um...
"
vio wrote:
and they should start probating players

"Probating" and "banning" are the same thing. Only difference is duration.

banning doesn't let you play the game, probation doesnt let you play the forums
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Ruefl2x wrote:

stats say that red maps provide more xp than yellows.
in reality its vice-versa because what matters is xp/hour.

that's true. and probably intended by devs:

my guess was that they want players to either get their hands on fast experience in low maps OR get less xp per hour but access to endgame items in red maps.

as it was before, those with alot of currency had both while players with less time investment, running just gorges and plateau lost on both.

with the last changes they kind of overpowered yellow maps with a straight layout which will bore some players to death and so is kind of counter produtive and they probably overestimated the desire of players to get endgame items.

i hope this will be corrected soon.

"
Ruefl2x wrote:
this is something you can only know if you play the game yourself or listen to those who do.

they will surely have the stats which maps are run the most per player.

"
Ruefl2x wrote:
they really think people are not doing red maps because they are hard (to play) whereas in reality they are hard to even get. i really don't know why they keep telling us that bullcrap.

you don't know either. where do you get your information from? the 300 to 500 plsyers posting their experience on reddit and here? out of some 100k?

btw: i don't do red maps often because both facts apply: they rarily drop and i'm afraid running them with my squishy rangers and bad reaction times. it's simply not worth the xp loss and currency to get easy mods.
on a related note, i managed my first endgame trial yesterday (the piercing one), yeah!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 10, 2016, 2:15:48 PM
"
vio wrote:
you don't know either. where do you get your information from? the 300 to 500 plsyers posting their experience on reddit and here? out of some 100k?

Two things:
  • What evidence do you have to suggest that there are even 100k endgame players in this game? There's probably vastly fewer.
  • You don't need to ask ALL of them to try and get the correct picture, nor does simply asking a more massive section strictly make it more accurate. Just ask the Literary Digest.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Does OP try to convince people that main developer of game that have access to data made of all account in game is wrong?

If you run Gorge and say: this is best XP in game.

And developer say: Gorge is not the best xp/h any many players that we track prove this.

Then you are wrong.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 10, 2016, 2:48:55 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Does OP try to convince people that main developer of game that have access to data made of all account in game is wrong?

And developer say: Gorge is not the best xp/h any many players that we track prove this.

Then you are wrong.
The Op pointed out that Chris was potentially intentionally misleading by talking about XP per map instead of answering the persons question.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
kamil1210 wrote:
Then you are wrong.

Having perfect information is no insurance against making an incorrect decision, because humans are not machines; they are fallible creatures, prone to numerous flaws such as confirmation bias.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Then you are wrong.

I do believe Chris said top xp per map, not top xp per hour. With mob density and all other things held constant, it would have to be top xp per map because of effective mob level. This I don't think there is or has ever been any contention with.

But if it takes me five minutes to clear the tier 15, and only two minutes and a half minutes to clear a gorge then the tier 15 map needs to provide me at least twice the experience the gorge does to remain competitive. These numbers are just for illustration purposes, I don't know what the clear speed on t15s look like, and I hear a lot of people complaining about 2 minute gorges (personally my clear on most maps is closer to 8-10 minutes, but I run incinerate, flame dash no wb, and pick up almost every rare, kill the map boss, etc). With the effective levels being so close together (and being made closer by 2.3.0), the experience penalty is only marginally better on the tier 15 map, and will not provide twice as much experience, and therefore the gorge can win out (quantity over quality).

So while it may not be the case that gorges provide better xp per hour than red maps, I wouldn't be surprised if it were. Even under optimal conditions where you can pull the same pack clear (1 shotting the screen), if the map layout isn't favorable, that might be enough for the lower level map to win (because you spend less time backtracking etc).
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Then you are wrong.

I do believe Chris said top xp per map, not top xp per hour.

Yep. Main game developer is probably so cut out of game and player base that he don't know that top players refer to xp/h so he don't refer to xp/h when he is saying "best place to find items and gain experience"

"
we're totally fine with the average player deciding not to play the most challenging content.

People just need to swallow pride and accept they are not the best player with best build and there are better and more effective ways to play game. If they think they are PRO they need to became better, not to aks to change content becasue it will not make them better.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 10, 2016, 3:51:31 PM
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

oh no you didn't !

I hear the charge of the white knight brigade coming ........ run

Since years everytime I read this sentence I hear a song inside my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jul 10, 2016, 4:51:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info