Chris: You are Wrong about Red Maps.

"
I pity any whiteknights who show up to argue, you come across as someone who would probably relish the chance to bust out some spreadsheets and graphs to prove a point that any normal person wouldn't give a shit about.

yes, why on earth would anyone give a shit about exp gain in poe? how ridiculous of op to presume such things.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
"
I pity any whiteknights who show up to argue, you come across as someone who would probably relish the chance to bust out some spreadsheets and graphs to prove a point that any normal person wouldn't give a shit about.

yes, why on earth would anyone give a shit about exp gain in poe? how ridiculous of op to presume such things.

You've misunderstood my post.
"
So many questions on how they presented the XP Penalty. Also someone pointed out that in the state of maps at the moment, a T15 Core is comparable in XP to a Patch 1.3 Palace Map (Level 78). Yes, a Map that was released, with content that was +4 Level higher in monster level, is roughly the same that a Patch 1.3 Level 78, or Tier 11 these days, would provide.

last time i tested core exp gain (40%+ packsize, no bosses killed) to a t11 (20%+ packsize), t11 won hands down. dunno if 2.3 made it closer though.

core is absolute trash for exp.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
My stat shows it's wrong
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692457

low tier maps give more exp than higher tier.
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890
"
diablokiller1 wrote:
My stat shows it's wrong
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1692457

low tier maps give more exp than higher tier.

Nice, there was my e-boner quote on rolling +40% Pack Size.

Thanks friend.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 9, 2016, 6:28:52 PM
This is like telling a feminist they are wrong about patriarchy. No matter how many logical arguments you put forward, no matter how many people agree with you, you will never get them to say they are wrong.
Ok, what this statement shows is that players are fucking retards.

The statement was not false, if you had a steady flow of red maps you would be doing THEM rather than the lower level ones, why is that...OHH that's right you get more exp and loot from them per map than you do the lower ones.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

The statement was not false, if you had a steady flow of red maps you would be doing THEM rather than the lower level ones, why is that...OHH that's right you get more exp and loot from them per map than you do the lower ones.

Actually the question was phrased in terms of XP per hour and sustain ability. I cited a common PR tactic used in media where a question is asked about a Subject with conditions A/B/C/etc, and is answered with a statement regarding the Subject with Condition D, or a restatement of a prior condition. This way, the person using the method appears to be addressing the original question, but in reality hasn't contributed to the original issue at all.

Case and point:

"
What purpose do you envision red maps to serve? It appears that they are neither good at producing wealth (because sustaining them is so expensive), nor are they good in terms of XP per hour (or per currency investment) compared to, say, gorge rotations, so what else do you expect players want to achieve in them?

Currently, they are the best place to find items and gain experience if you have the currency to support it.

>>> Many players are doing this, especially in Standard leagues where there's less risk of character loss. They also represent a difficult challenge, and we're totally fine with the average player deciding not to play the most challenging content. It's better that it's available as harder content for them if they do want to push themselves. <<< How the fuck is that relevant?

So this guy inquired about Red Maps in terms of Investment (this was poorly worded, as he means poor drop rate >>> buying maps) and XP per hour.

The answer he received was a restatement of the original inquiry (sustaining maps is expensive >>> if you got the currency to sustain they're great) along with a different condition, or rather a diluted condition, not XP per hour, but total XP per map. In the end the guy who asked the question really got no answers, as he already knew sustaining Red Maps were an investment. He should have asked about how unbalanced layouts are compared from Gorge to Red Maps.

Also,

Level 89 in Standard/10
2 Challenges/10

No offense but what would you know about running Reds, if at all? All those pretty forum tags, and the one you should have purchased was a Reading Comprehension Supporter Pack.

Lels.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 9, 2016, 8:45:07 PM
"
"
"

You've misunderstood my post.

FWIW, OP here, I understood your post and appreciated it :) I haven't optimized my builds in this game as much as I optimized my Kingdom of Loathing runs a few years ago, but damned if I don't love some spreadsheets :)

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

As Sarang said, per map, _not_ per hour. Per hour is all that matters.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 9, 2016, 8:41:21 PM
"
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Actually the question was phrased in terms of XP per hour and sustain ability. I cited a common PR tactic used in media where a question is asked about a Subject with conditions A/B/C/etc, and is answered with a statement regarding the Subject with Condition D, or a restatement of a prior condition. This way, the person using the method appears to be addressing the original question, but in reality hasn't contributed to the original issue at all.

Case and point:

"
What purpose do you envision red maps to serve? It appears that they are neither good at producing wealth (because sustaining them is so expensive), nor are they good in terms of XP per hour (or per currency investment) compared to, say, gorge rotations, so what else do you expect players want to achieve in them?

Currently, they are the best place to find items and gain experience if you have the currency to support it.

>>> Many players are doing this, especially in Standard leagues where there's less risk of character loss. They also represent a difficult challenge, and we're totally fine with the average player deciding not to play the most challenging content. It's better that it's available as harder content for them if they do want to push themselves. <<< How the fuck is that relevant?

So this guy inquired about Red Maps in terms of Investment (this was poorly worded, as he means poor drop rate >>> buying maps) and XP per hour.

The answer he received was a restatement of the original inquiry (sustaining maps is expensive >>> if you got the currency to sustain they're great) along with a different condition, or rather a diluted condition, not XP per hour, but total XP per map. In the end the guy who asked the question really got no answers, as he already knew sustaining Red Maps were an investment. He should have asked about how unbalanced layouts are compared from Gorge to Red Maps.

Also,

Level 89 in Standard/10
2 Challenges/10

No offense but what would you know about running Reds, if at all? All those pretty forum tags, and the one you should have purchased was a Reading Comprehension Supporter Pack.

Lels.

Holy shit Sara went fucking ham here.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info