[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

Can anyone help me on what a "budget" version of this would be to start out and how far it could go into maps prior to needing a reach? It looks like at a minimum I should be getting a 5 link lionseye? Or can a decent pdps 5 link bow work through white maps? I'm running FB totems right now and not loving it and have been wanting to get into this since last league but figured id get a little currency first. I have abnout 40c to my name, taking 10c for drillneck/snakebite..could I kit myself out enough to get back to white maps with that? What's the startup cost to go budget initially?
Last edited by dperls on Dec 9, 2016, 8:58:09 AM
Oh lol how could i miss the proj dmg jewel socket haha ^^

also i connected the tree at vaal pact trough the right way so you can eventually get +30 int if needed

and yeah again i dont get it - why take the mixed chaos dmg nodes over the pure ones ? its 1 extra point for the same value... for example if you take the chaos dmg path over the hybrid one you could take another 10% proj dmg from the pierce wheel

"
dperls wrote:
Can anyone help me on what a "budget" version of this would be to start out and how far it could go into maps prior to needing a reach? It looks like at a minimum I should be getting a 5 link lionseye? Or can a decent pdps 5 link bow work through white maps? I'm running FB totems right now and not loving it and have been wanting to get into this since last league but figured id get a little currency first. I have abnout 40c to my name, taking 10c for drillneck/snakebite..could I kit myself out enough to get back to white maps with that? What's the startup cost to go budget initially?

budget would be 5L yellow rare chest and 4L lioneye's. 5L on lgihtning arrow, 4L on barrage.

that will work until yellow-tier maps i believe.

its much better to go with reach though and you'll eventually want to get one - it is just a hugeeee damage step. so it might be easier to farm with another build first until you can get one.

"
PathOfGreed wrote:
Oh lol how could i miss the proj dmg jewel socket haha ^^

also i connected the tree at vaal pact trough the right way so you can eventually get +30 int if needed

and yeah again i dont get it - why take the mixed chaos dmg nodes over the pure ones ? its 1 extra point for the same value... for example if you take the chaos dmg path over the hybrid one you could take another 10% proj dmg from the pierce wheel

your damge with reach and added chaos is about 50% physical and 50% chaos.. so getting the mixed ones/projectile damage ones ensures that you get the full bonus on all of your damage. the chaos-only nodes only increase the chaos part (added chaos gem and jewlry) of the attack and the poison.

the poison nodes only increase the poison part

so projectile damage/general increased damage/ phys+chaos nodes are the best. then pure chaos nodes after that, but its not as efficient.

i guess you didnt get the main part of my tree - 45% skill effect duration. thats op. it applies to your poison length, so those 3 nodes mean 45% MORE poison damage. yep you just gained 50% more damage with that tree. also it increases immortal calls, blood rage, vaal haste , all the good stuff

AND it increases the duration of the wither debuff, meaning you can cast more stacks with the wither totem, meaning you get a huge damage boost on top

so worst case its like 45% more damage, bbest case probably ~2x more

thats how op the duration nodes are

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
yeah allready reconized that ^^ so now that we got the tree figured out im kind confused tbh... reach is mandatory ? o.o started this build in the new league with the "w/e i can kill stuff with a white crude bow" in mind ._. i´m currently lvl 66 and got a 330 dps lioneyes rdy - so i shouldnt respec like round lvl 70 ?
"
PathOfGreed wrote:
yeah allready reconized that ^^ so now that we got the tree figured out im kind confused tbh... reach is mandatory ? o.o started this build in the new league with the "w/e i can kill stuff with a white crude bow" in mind ._. i´m currently lvl 66 and got a 330 dps lioneyes rdy - so i shouldnt respec like round lvl 70 ?

well its alot better with reach ... sure lioneyes works, up until T9 or T10, but the difference glare-reach is just huge, almost 2x the damage i believe
"
cmphx wrote:

Did you decide this tree was better than the previously posted one?
yes
Is this build still viable and getting any attention?

I have been going for this in Hardcore Breach right now, but there isn't much discussion going on in here for the 2.5 stuff.

Anyone trying this and enjoying it?
I'm trying it but am only level 46 so still in the blade fall mode. Hoping these discussions lead to an even better skill tree by the time I'm at level 60+
Wouldn't something like a kaom's heart and getting rid of evasion stuff etc since it's a bit useless nowadays make it a better build? Like reach for aoe and switch to the opus for barrage.

Either on this tree or on the assassin one. Just an idea anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info