[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

This build is good for league starter?
you will lose about 30-40% damage compared to zerker, so only recommended if you can afford very good gear.

its a good league starter, but you need to level with melee !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Elo man :)

Thx for this amazing build :) one question tho. Do U think it could be viable to drop barrage? I remember full life build on fire Chieftain and explo arrow only. Fact that it had many nodes to increase fire dmg and obviously also support from Ascendancy itself. Atm I'll try to do it on Breach but next will be Your build on Standart :) 88lvl Marauder just waiting for re-spec ;)

Why I'm asking bout non-barrage option. I'm rather concerned on t12-t14 maps and lately I've obtained quite gg Kaom's Heart. Atm I have 6L 100% Quill Rain but I could trade it for even gg 5L Reach. But then no 4L+ for additional attack. So far I run PoE for 2 months and never tested such setups based on poison double dippin. Do You think it would do da job with map bossed/beyond without barrage insane std?

Peace man and have fun!
Seeing is believing
Hello,

thanks for this build.

Couldn't you clean the info about 2.4 / 2.3 or hide it in spoiler ?
I'm a bit confused about what is outdated and what is not.

Yea I too would like to hear more about 2.5 with this build for zerker.
like what gear would be needed to make it legit as champion - dunno anything bout poison scaling

edit: also could you name some leving uniques please i also didnt play melee before :,D

edit 2: at which level should you switch to blood magic ? since i dont feel its legit to go straigh for it since auras provide good dmg early
Last edited by PathOfGreed on Dec 7, 2016, 2:28:40 AM
I tweaked your Tree for more chaos Dmg - compare stats and tell me what you think about the trade offs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGO_CPhfp209_CQ3X9Dg2IzPIZD2SOoQXz_BBBQgeWjvDqluwBpYr3fjeA1vOzboAdy18oZghNk1kjpSR37YvbyfMn4OPL02GJHfvxRxZU3bT_jrvqfgw-oY8911yyW8dqz3Mmhl8kXqYs9-fNk64aZXTeP-jwzypctVhYazLOkA7kkTkx-Nv-ZYieAFtdQjwuwajbTFKltbJmKs2-d59n_7bIxsCEM2narxilLsNj3rYxEvAx61SB9BdoLIDLTRFr8mlWqMYeL1b8gUotmw2PxLbqpKyD8nKk1H4iLipDl9W6xHUUzKSl-wm7WExcM6D6skiw==

dunno how much proj dmg is valued so yeah there´s also this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGO_CPhfp209_CQ3X9Dg2IzPIZD2SOoQXz_BBBQgeWjvDqluwBpYr3fjeA1vOzboAdy18oZghNk1kjpSR37YvbyfMn4OPL02GJHfvxRxZU3bT_jrvqfgw-oY8911yyW8dqz3Mmhlt7bqYs9-fNmNfkMxwzPawVoaLlN07SyF028FLUkTkx-Nv-ZYieAFtdQjwuwajbTFKltbJmKs2-d59n_7bIxsCEM2narxilLsNj3rYxEvAx61SB9BdoLIDLTRFr8mlWqMYeL1b8gUotmw2PxLbqpKyD8nKk1H4iLipDl9W6xHUUzKSl-wm7WExcM6D6skiw==

arrow dancing isnt a keystone for this build right ? since as far as i know its mostly used as counter reflect measurment
also i just realized there a poison dmg nodes like right at the skilltree path (fatal toxins) o.o but i guess they somehow dont work otherwise you would´ve taken them... can you tell me why ?

ill try to update it on this weekend.

tree is still the same. leveling as melee is still the same - just go to the wiki, check all 2handed levleing uniques and use the one with highest damage. go bloodmagic once you feel mana is too tiring to use.

the gemsetup is a bit different now - i recommend 2x5L to start, same links for both barrage and LA. try to get a 6L for barrage for endgame, combined with dying sun and a +2barrage devoto. replace frostwall setup with the frenzy one. use a wither totem for the hardest bosses.

@pathofgreed
your trees look good, but i think mine are more efficient. i will have to look into that.

you basicly want to take as much "projectile damage" nodes as you can, bcause they both increase the arrow damage AS WELL AS the poison damage. so any "poison damage" node is inferior to projectile, thats why i didnt take it. basically the tree consists of life nodes,and grabbing the most efficient ones on the way lol. you can skip alot of life for more damage, like the poison nodes , but i dont think its needed
So first off i readed a bit about what i needed to know and i figured out that not taking the poison nodes is like the biggest mistake you can do since if i didnt got things wrong basicly for this build you can say chaos dmg increase is the same as poison dmg increase cause we dont got any other skill dmg source scaling of chaos dmg besides mb little chaos dmg rolls on rings. >>realized after i was done writing that we infact got the support gems :,D but yeah dw i only lost 2% chaos dmg with that tree so i guess you gotta tell me how the dmg is spread between the LA itself and the poison... but i still assume the poison gotta be a thing cause if not it wouldnt be a sbakebite build right? o.o<<
Correct me if i´m wrong and sorry if i am. :,D
So if what i was assuming stays true then check out my final tree. I´ll sum up the differences for you:

Notable things i lost: 1 jewel socket
Arrow Dancing Keystone
9% Movement Speed

Notable things i gained: 68% more Poison Damage
10% to all Resis
12% Chaos Resi
16% Evasion

Here´s the Skilltree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGO_CPhfp209_CQ3X9Dg2IzPIZD2SOoQXz_BBBQgeWjvDqluwBpYr3fjeA1vOzboAdy18oZghNk1kjpSR37YvbyfMn4OPL02GJHfvxRxZU3bT_jrvqfgw-oY8911yyW8dqz3Mmhlt7bqYs9-fNmNfujWIuqGsyzpAO5JE5Mfjb_mWIngBbXUI8LsGo20xSpbWyZirNvnefZ_-2yMbAhDNp2q8YpS7DY962MRLwMetUgfQXaCyAy00Ra_JpWly2HiVYV6f06fBnD8S26qSsg_JypNR-Ii4qQ5fVusR1FMykpfsJu1hMXDOgzy_o9N46ZX_go64Q==

Edit: Thinking about it i guees going for the Chaos Damage will be more beneficial... so yeah for Chaos Damage increase i´ve got this one with following trade offs

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGO_CPhfp209_CQ3X9Dg2IzPIZD2SOoQXz_BBBQgeWjvDqluwBpYr3fjeA1vOzboAdy18oZghNk1kjpSR37YvbyfMn4OPL02GJHfvxRxZU3bT_jrvqfgw-oY8911yyW8dqz3Mmhlt7bqYs9-fNmNfujWIuqGsyzpAO5JE5Mfjb_mWIngBbXUI8LsGo20xSpbWyZirNvnefZ_-2yMbAhDNp2q8YpS7DY962MRLwMetUgfQXaCyAy00Ra_JpWly2HiVYX8S26qSsg_JypNR-Ii4qQ5fVusR1FMykpfsJu1hMXDOgzy_o9N46ZXaoz1b8gUotmw2A==

Notable things i lost: 1 jewel socket
Arrow Dancing Keystone
8% Life
9% Movement Speed

Notable things i gained: 54% more Chaos Damage
10% to all Resis
12% Chaos Resi
16% Evasion

To close this out: Tbh the only thing i think is worth discussing is if Arrow Dancing i would be missed too much... otherwise i´d say you trade these stats everyday of the week which i could also go into more but im kinda done writiing for now :,D if you want you can also just add me and mb we´ll run into each other ^^ cause i guess writing with instant replys about such things makes things much easier =)
Last edited by PathOfGreed on Dec 8, 2016, 11:23:56 PM
Last edited by cmphx on Dec 9, 2016, 2:17:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info