Cwdt Immortal Call

Go ahead and remove CWDT and IC both if you like, right after adding the "Can't lose more than 35% of life in a single hit" keystone/unique/buff/whatever.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Agreed that Immortal call should just be removed from this game, causing many problems with this game with charge generation and CoC.

If Immortal Call is such a good idea - give us a gem for elemental damage immunity as well.

The skill you are looking for is called 'Gluttony of Elements'. Unfortunately it doesn't exist as a standalone gem. (Yet?) But you can definitely make a build around it.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
would be much easier to balance CWDT if they made it only for spells that do damage, as of now its only a gimmick for casting suport spells.

anyone uses cast when stuned or cast on melee kill? those need a lot of love.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jul 4, 2016, 9:09:48 AM
"
caboom wrote:
would be much easier to balance CWDT if they made it only for spells that do damage, as of now its only a gimmick for casting suport spells.

anyone uses cast when stuned or cast on melee kill? those need a lot of love.

The problem is that GGG got inspired by the cast x on attack/hit and other such wonderful trigger skills in Diablo 2.

The issue comes from them not restricting them enough. As you say, if they worked only for damaging skills they would already be a little bit more balance.
I use them as such actually. They had the Cas ton crit issue with everyone spamming spells from an attack gem and tons of spells that it will trigger on crit resulting in those terribly broken builds.

So the idea is good, i even missed the triggers in POE because they were fun in D2 but since any character can use basically any and all gems in a lot of varying combinations there are just too many ways this can go wrong and it did.
"

The problem is that GGG got inspired by the cast x on attack/hit and other such wonderful trigger skills in Diablo 2.

The issue comes from them not restricting them enough. As you say, if they worked only for damaging skills they would already be a little bit more balance.
I use them as such actually. They had the Cas ton crit issue with everyone spamming spells from an attack gem and tons of spells that it will trigger on crit resulting in those terribly broken builds.

So the idea is good, i even missed the triggers in POE because they were fun in D2 but since any character can use basically any and all gems in a lot of varying combinations there are just too many ways this can go wrong and it did.

cast on crit works in a completly diferent way than CWDT, COMK and cast when stuned. COC has a much easier time buffing its DPM since it does not need to scale both attack damage and spell damage like cast on melee kill or put itself on a risky situation like CWDT or cast when stuned.

all in all i think it would be much better to change them to something along this lines:

cast on melee skill
Supported Melee Attacks will Cast Supported Spells on Kill
Supported Triggered Spells have (40 to 78)% increased Spell Damage
attacks and spells linked will benefit from both attack and spell damage boost
This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level (38 to 70) or lower
You cannot Cast Supported Spells directly

this will make suporting both the attack and spell much easier plus items, gems, keystones and auras with +spell damage and +attack damage will provide a double boost.

increased spell damage could be toned down if proven OP but i doubt it will reach COC level.

CWDT
Casts Supported Spells when you take a total of (528 to 3272) Damage
(-70 to 6)% more Damage replaced with 8% increased damage per level
100% reduced effects of linked buffs / debuffs

cast when stuned. well this one needs a miracle not to mention that giving it a plain damage boost will just make it a reskined CWDT.

30% +3% per level chance to Cast shater when stuned

shatter:
% of missing life as damage over an area around you
% of missing ES as damage over an area around you

given how life is less likely to be stuned it should have a higher value.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
"

cast on crit works in a completly diferent way than CWDT, COMK and cast when stuned. COC has a much easier time buffing its DPM since it does not need to scale both attack damage and spell damage like cast on melee kill or put itself on a risky situation like CWDT or cast when stuned.

all in all i think it would be much better to change them to something along this lines:

cast on melee skill
Supported Melee Attacks will Cast Supported Spells on Kill
Supported Triggered Spells have (40 to 78)% increased Spell Damage
attacks and spells linked will benefit from both attack and spell damage boost

this will make suporting both the attack and spell much easier plus items, gems, keystones and auras with +spell damage and +attack damage will provide a double boost.

increased spell damage could be toned down if proven OP but i doubt it will reach COC level.

CWDT
Casts Supported Spells when you take a total of (528 to 3272) Damage
(-70 to 6)% more Damage replaced with 8% increased damage per level
100% reduced effects of linked buffs / debuffs

cast when stuned. well this one needs a miracle not to mention that giving it a plain damage boost will just make it a reskined CWDT.

30% +3% per level chance to Cast shater when stuned

shatter:
% of missing life as damage over an area around you
% of missing ES as damage over an area around you

given how life is less likely to be stuned it should have a higher value.

I think youre on to something with the last part. Maybe not make trigger gems be support gems at all, but make them be normal skill gems that trigger the skill described on them.

That would solve the "next best OP skill as trigger spell" problem and restrict creating those OP spamming builds.
"
Applefarm wrote:
Go ahead and remove CWDT and IC both if you like, right after adding the "Can't lose more than 35% of life in a single hit" keystone/unique/buff/whatever.

I am fine with cannot be 1 shot dead keystone, 35% is way too OP.
I love 'cast when stunned' - I use it on my CI character along with those 'chance to avoid interruption while casting' nodes. Much better than CWDT because you can level up the skills that it supports without reducing the frequency it procs at.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
IC should not even exist. immunity is ridiculous. Especially with juggs who can get 12 charges on the fly.

Monster dam is fine if you build for it. Like make sarifices. Ive done uber trio with no IC with three toons. One LA shadow who was so fast I couldnt get hit by them. One inci build who wore lightning coil and had 70% block. And juggs with 35K armor and 9 EC.

Yes, shouldn´t exist or should be changed. Same with any automatic skills (CoC, cast when anything and other auto skills...)

Good old days without those ....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info