[2.5] Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin - 300k+ dps, 6k+ hp, Low to medium Budget, uber lab viable

"
NoizyTribe wrote:
As for resists, I assume we cap elemental ( fire/ lightning cold) but what about chaos resist? Do you use something to patch up your negative resist for chaos since we use so many unique items or is chaos damage not that common enough in mapping to warrant also trying to cap chaos?

Yes Chaos Resistance is indeed a luxury: Nice if you can get some, but absolutely not necessary in 99% of the game. Besides that you can use an Atziri's Promise flask to have at least some chaos res on demand.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
what are the ascendancy points we take?
"
PurplePudding wrote:

That Tree looks promising - maybe it needs some tweaking in the end: The ES is not huge (keep in mind that we wouldn't have a shield) and it doesn't have a lot of attack speed. While i am sure it works i am not sure if it's really stronger than the life based version as is. I would be very curious to hear about your progress, should you go ahead and make that build.

As for Vaal RF: I don't know how good that is - never used it:) I'll check it out i guess.

"
LukeBond wrote:
what are the ascendancy points we take?

Deadly Infusion and then Assassinate - see passive tree section of the guide.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Just wondering if getting vaal pact on the passive tree would be any usefull. i seem to keep dying but i think that is just because i need more hp/evasion. hp only at 2.2k and evasion only at 2k.
"
Whaler4444 wrote:
Just wondering if getting vaal pact on the passive tree would be any usefull. i seem to keep dying but i think that is just because i need more hp/evasion. hp only at 2.2k and evasion only at 2k.

2.2k hp does seem VERY low...what level are you?
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Currently lvl 69. Got a big power spike from oro's when I hit lvl 67. and I having trouble with Izaro on cruel. Keep getting one shot. And it doesn't help that I am poor since it is a new league.
Last edited by Whaler4444 on Oct 24, 2016, 9:25:41 PM
"
Whaler4444 wrote:
Currently lvl 69. Got a big power spike from oro's when I hit lvl 67. and I having trouble with Izaro on cruel. Keep getting one shot. And it doesn't help that I am poor since it is a new league.

Dude, i killed him with 2.2 k life and The Cauteriser (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Cauteriser) on lv 60

you are doing something wrong. Use granit flask, dont face tank and you should be all right.

btw i think that The Cauteriser is best weapon for leveling. use blade vortex then when you can sustain frenzy charges use flicker strike. pretty nice leveling.
"
toxohut wrote:
"
Whaler4444 wrote:

Dude, i killed him with 2.2 k life and The Cauteriser (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Cauteriser) on lv 60

you are doing something wrong. Use granit flask, dont face tank and you should be all right.

btw i think that The Cauteriser is best weapon for leveling. use blade vortex then when you can sustain frenzy charges use flicker strike. pretty nice leveling.

Generally it's possible to do cruel Itzaro with 2.2k life, but if i remember my leveling correctly, you should still have more hp at lvl 69. Of course I can't say whether your gear or the passives you took are the main cause - feel free to link them and i'll have a look.

Also run Arctic Armour and take Acrobatics if you can. Same goes for Warchief Totem... it's a huge help in these Situations.

If, during the boss fight, you keep running out of Frenzy charges
because your Crit is too low without Deadly Infusion, then maybe use Lacerate or some other melee skill that you like instead of flicker. Keep in mind that you don't need melee splash then and sub it out for something else.

Toxohut does have a point in that flasks can be a big deal: I always used a Stibnite Flask in these fights (drop a smoke cloud when you want to facetank), and a Basalt would help too, no doubt.

Cauterizer/Blade Vortex: Most likely it's better to stick with Oro's - it has better damage plus our passive tree is made for ele damage, while the Cauterizer is a phys weapon. I can see that the combo of Cauterizer with Blade Vortex works well, but actually it just shouldn't be necessary to use something else than Oro's since it is one of the highest damage weapons in the game.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 25, 2016, 7:35:43 AM
Cauteriser is lvl 40 weapon. I doubt he's saying that's it's better than an oro in an oro's build.

And btw Cauteriser is a decent ele weapon: " Gain 70% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage ".

"
Isdp wrote:
Cauteriser is lvl 40 weapon. I doubt he's saying that's it's better than an oro in an oro's build.

And btw Cauteriser is a decent ele weapon: " Gain 70% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage ".

Yeah i am aware of that, that's why i said that i could see the combination of Cauterizer and BV working well. But given the fact that Whaler is lvl 69 and can use Oro's by now, i think it should be at least as good as Cauterizer/BV - if not better.
My 2.3 Build Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info