[2.5] Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin - 300k+ dps, 6k+ hp, Low to medium Budget, uber lab viable

"
EvilChomsky wrote:
"
etkratos wrote:
Hey, just a simple question here.

In the guide, about gloves options, you mentioned that in essence you can craft a pair of gloves with the critical mod.

I'm pretty sure that the +3,5 BASE critical chance only applies to socketed gems. I'm wrong or you're suggesting to run a 4-links flicker on these? Because, yep, it's better than a 5-links flicker that include Increased Critical chance, but i dunno if it is better than a full 6-links flicker. What's your opinion?

Btw thanks for the guide, i have find this inspiring and useful while making my own Oro's Fliker.

Yes, i wasn't talking about the 3.5% base crit, as you suspected. I should clarify that in the guide. I meant gloves crafted with an "of Loathing" essence: A well rolled pair of these (Crit, high Life, Res and/or Attack speed and/or flat Ele damage) i would consider every bit as good as the existing unique item options - maybe with the exception of Atziri's acuity.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the guide, thanks!:)

Well, while i was waiting for your answer i tested a bit with some "Essences of Horror"... The results aren't bad at all, since you only lose "Fire Penetration" but gain a much higher critical chance, and this allow you to switch some passives in the tree. 5+3.5+2(4 power charges) is an awesome 10,5 base critical chance, so maybe you can also include those in your guide (at least they are a very viable alternative if you cannot afford to get a 6 linked oro's, and definitively better that a 5 link flicker.) Also the "crafted" ones you suggest (loathing) with all the mods you mentioned will cost a fortune, sadly.

Now, since i have capped my resist, i want also to test Hinekora's and Marylene's. I'm running the full Acrobatic cluster + Atziri's Steps, btw, and that Hinekora's should go well with this setup. Any opinion?
I used similar "of loathing"-crafted gloves for a different build and actually they are not that expensive - sure, 4 or more good mods will cost something, but i have found some with crit, high life and a good resist for only a couple of chaos. So if you look around you should be able to get something better than that for let's say 10c-ish.

Concerning the "Essence of horror"-gloves: Sure, no doubt that it will have better crit than the ordinary 5L, that's obvious...:) So if you happen to have a good pair, i'd absolutely use them until you get a 6L. But it really comes down to the availability; if you don't have life and res on them, it will make gearing harder and cost you elsewhere (the other items have to be better to make up for it etc). So I guess I would use them instead of a "normal" 5L IF they at least have a decent life roll (and don't cost much more than a 5L Oro's).

Hinekora & Marylene: I am not sure about either of them - not to get any Life from the amulet makes it a really tough call. Marylene especially seems hard to use; how much crit can you get with the 3.5% crit gloves? How much without them? I suspect that the crit - especially without the 3.5% gloves - will just be too low. Maybe you can make it work with a different passive tree that picks up more power charges...?
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
Well, to make things more clearer, my skill tree is almost equal to yours, as the only difference is that i swapped some life nodes for Vaal Pact and True Strike. Likely lost around 800-1000 hp this way, but can deal with reflect mobs without "scouting" first (also using Sibyls'Lament/Ruby Flask), and this make my runs smoother.

I use a 4 link flicker in a pair of Spiked Gloves i crafted (20% melee dmg, 3,5 crit, 55 life, about 30%cold/fire res). Usually swap melee splash with fire pen on tough bosses.

at the moment i'm lvl 87, and i'm sitting at 4511 hp (think i will get around 5100 in the end, unless i find better items), all res capped (fire overcapped), 10 attacks x second, 22,358 damage x use (full charged), 99% crit (with assassin's mark and 5 power charges), 93% chance to hit, 38% evasion, 50% dodge and 55% spell dodge.

Next step would be to get a flicker enchant for the helm, quality my gems, 2 nice jewels with fire damage and critical multiplier and/or %life, and (very unlikely) try to get elemental weakness on hit and then a +1 curse on my Hinekora's.

Estimated final damage should be around 30k x use, btw, precisely as you indicated in the title (huge increment from the last 2 nodes in Fatal Blade Cluster/wrecking ball, the enchant, and the jewels and the quality).

As far as i can tell this will never do end-game contents (and i never hoped so), but till t13 maps he's already the fastest clearer i have, and more importantly, the one i like to play the most.

So, thx again for your guide sir, i found this really helpful.

EDIT: Forgot to tell you that i don't think to swap the gloves even for a 6l Oro's, since i feel already comfortable with the dps, and this was a budget build btw :)
Last edited by etkratos on Nov 6, 2016, 5:32:33 PM
this build to FASTEST farm t1-11(12-13 not confortable). Recomend this tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAHnBS0FtQYgBqIHdQ3RDjwPqxEvEYEUTRRxFHUWvxfcGJEbyCFVIq8j0ySLJP0mlSoLKjgrCi5TMHw2PTfUOFM6Uj0-Ps9AoEMxRXxHfkz_TipRR1VLVYVW-lh1Whpbr13yXhNhUmHiYqxjQ2OnZU1oZWyMbydwUnSgdO1253fXeHp6738rggeExYTZhO-GYIdqidOMNo2_kn2Xl5hvmmqbtZ2qn8uly6cwqSeplLQ4tMW8n702vea-p8CmwUnC7MMzwzrI3M_d02_ZfNrB3CPcPd1G44TlGeXP51TqGO0_707xivPd9zL46_v1_Ev-Hf_e

Mana leech not enough for 6l, need jewel "+2 mana then attack".
Last edited by homeradish on Nov 12, 2016, 6:27:12 AM
Thanks for nice guide and build!

It seems, that with Kaom's and stacked as much armor/evasion as possible it is better to drop Acrobatics. High level boss physical spell damage and accidental hits can two shot you even with Kaom's, but without Acrobatics Granite Flask works much better and you have more time to react.

Last edited by warpod on Nov 13, 2016, 2:41:30 AM
PLS help:
After returning to game i choose this as my first character to build.Im curently lvl 71,have a 5 linked flickerattack on another armor,as i dont have the curency to buy kaoms heart,and i have bought a 4 link oros sword.

My problem is,i have donne everything as stated,from the passive skill tree etc,but my flickerstrike wont flicker.I even use flamability to make enemies lighter to ignite,but nothing,it just wont attack like in the video.
What am i missing?
"
Neamna wrote:
PLS help:
After returning to game i choose this as my first character to build.Im curently lvl 71,have a 5 linked flickerattack on another armor,as i dont have the curency to buy kaoms heart,and i have bought a 4 link oros sword.

My problem is,i have donne everything as stated,from the passive skill tree etc,but my flickerstrike wont flicker.I even use flamability to make enemies lighter to ignite,but nothing,it just wont attack like in the video.
What am i missing?

Without the possibility to check your gear/gems/skills(but you said you have followed the guide so...) one can only assume you're still lacking critical chance and/or accuracy.

Can you please tell us your critical chance and chance to hit?
This is my gear i get 9k dps with all frenzy and power what should i change there i really like this build really fast clear and everything but bossses destroy me

Can someone help me out here. Is the Curse on Hit Support gem supposed to trigger the Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder or just the Assassin's Mark?

It seems I can only trigger Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder manually. But then I do not have enough keys and mouse buttons to use all the skills and curses.

On the 5 keys (Q to T) I have Leap Slam, Ancestral Warchief, Arctic Armour, Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder. On the 3 mouse keys I have Flicker Strike, Ice Golem and Blood Rage. But now I have no way to use Vaal Haste then.

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I am doing something incorrectly?
Last edited by Viper1540 on Nov 27, 2016, 11:04:16 AM
Is this build only viable if you have oro's sacrifice or can you make it work without it? I was thinking of trying this build in this new league that is coming december. Softcore obviously

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info