[2.5] Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin - 300k+ dps, 6k+ hp, Low to medium Budget, uber lab viable

is this build atziri viable?
"
Scilarion wrote:
Just made the switch after levelling to your build and am in the process of doing lab to fill out the crit chance but I was wondering how Crit Multi works with Emberwake.

Emberwake says that your critical strikes do no extra damage, does this not affect how much burn damage is done? If the crit doesn't do anything, why do we take crit multi nodes on the tree?

You can still maintain frenzy charges by reapplying ignite with the delicious amount of crit we have, so wouldn't either just adding a crit/wed/etc ring or replacing the gloves with facebreakers for the multi and rocking with a bit less life be a more powerful option? (Hell, even with the gloves, you're still gonna get larger single burns and kills)

Edit: By replacing the gloves with Facebreakers and taking the final two ascendancies, we get the benefit of culling strike too.

I am not sure if i completely understood your two questions - let me know in case there is a misunderstanding...

Emberwake: I don't think it's an ideal item for the build - first of all it comes at a cost; you lose (all!) crit multi and burning deals 80% less damage. The burning damage is based upon the initial hit, so by losing the crit multi we would indeed iginite for less damage and then suffer the 80% penatly on top of that. Usually one would work around this by grabbing Elemental Overload and maybe even using Elemental Proliferation. While this certainly can be done, it would require a very different passive tree. I think as an Assassin we have easy access to a lot of crit multi, so it wouldn't be a good idea to then "waste" it all again by using Emberwake. With the current tree i think Sibyl's Lament or a Diamond ring with WED is a much better choice.

Facebreakers: They are an option for sure, but i would consider them an ultra offensive choice. I am not sure what you mean concerning culling strike - we get that anyway, with or without facebreakers (notice that we even get it twice: From Oro's itself and from the Assassin ascendancy). It's just that they don't have and hp/defense and they make it even harder to cap your resistances. Also do not underestimate the Cold damage roll on the Southbound gloves - it's huge! I think it equals a free lvl 17 or 18 Herald of Ice...! So with the aim of a well rounded char that isn't super hard to gear, i would recommend Southbounds or essence crafted rare crit gloves with life and something like res/attack speed/accuracy. If you can afford it, go for Atziri's Acuity - once again they are BiS.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 2, 2016, 12:54:41 PM
Hello mate, i was playing with ED trickster but always wanted to play flicker, then respect to that build, what do you think about blasphemy+assassin mark/Alpha's Howl? also that build can do high tier maps? 13~15? what can be the best upgrade of gear? vaal pact is not a option? thx for the build.
Last edited by LightingKnight on Oct 3, 2016, 1:28:52 AM
is there a reason why you dont take phase acro after takign acrobatics?
"
samestory1 wrote:
is this build atziri viable?

It's an old problem that Flicker Strike is bad for the split phase of Atziri - you would accidentally hit the mirror clone and kill yourself.

Of course there are ways around this problem. Swap out one or two skill gems when you get to the final Atziri fight: Use f.e. Lacerate, Cyclone or Ice Crash instead of Flicker Strike and you should be fine (don't forget that some those skills don't need melee splash and/or multistrike, so you can use the red socket for the skill gem and the green socket where Flicker was for something like Faster Attacks or Added Cold or...).

Also keep in mind that Atziri and - i think - the Cycloner in the trio fight can't be ignited, so don't use southbound gloves there. You can bascially swap in random rare gloves for these fights - since there is no cold damage there, it won't even matter if you lose the cold res from the southbounds.

Besides that, the build certainly has the damage and survivability to easily do normal Atziri.

I can record a video showing how to do it, if you want to:)
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 3, 2016, 8:02:04 AM
"
Hello mate, i was playing with ED trickster but always wanted to play flicker, then respect to that build, what do you think about blasphemy+assassin mark/Alpha's Howl? also that build can do high tier maps? 13~15? what can be the best upgrade of gear? vaal pact is not a option? thx for the build.

Blasphemy works of course, but i think if you look at the whole tradeoff (even with Alpha's you'd still have to drop one 25% reservation + you lose life), it's not an improvement.

I think you can do most high tier content, especially if you invest into great gear: Atziri's Acuity would be top of the list for that instant leech (thus not needing Vaal Pact). Then you could get a good +1 curse amulet and switch out your boots for Atziri's Step or Darkray Vectors with a +1 Frenzy corruption.

Concerning Vaal Pact: It's probably a good choice, i just don't like it. Blood Rage without Life regen always felt bad to me... if you don't mind it, go ahead and grab Vaal pact:)

"
Genesith wrote:
is there a reason why you dont take phase acro after takign acrobatics?

It's kind of a minmaxing thing... back in 2.3 you didn't need that much defense and the first point obviously gives you the most benefit for a small investment. I have to say that in 2.4 i would probably see things differently and take the whole cluster with phase acro.

Here is a slightly changed passive tree that takes the whole cluster and uses a Fireborn jewel below duelist. Slight Problem: The tree doesn't have enough Int to run a high level Herald of thunder, so you'd have to get a lot of it on jewellery and jewels..

[EDIT] Added the above passive tree to the guide as "Version 2"
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 3, 2016, 9:23:51 AM
With such low chances to roll ele weakness on southbound and me being somewhat poor after buying my Kaom's. Would it be of any benefit to move one of the Heralds to the socket where Vaal haste/grace might go and roll with ele weakness + assassin's mark + remaining Herald + curse on hit in my Southbound while wearing Windscream boots?

Really enjoying the build, TYVM

P.S
Would you mind showing your flask setup, as well as maybe BiS flask suggestions? Would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Bluntedexile on Oct 3, 2016, 9:36:46 PM
"
Bluntedexile wrote:
With such low chances to roll ele weakness on southbound and me being somewhat poor after buying my Kaom's. Would it be of any benefit to move one of the Heralds to the socket where Vaal haste/grace might go and roll with ele weakness + assassin's mark + remaining Herald + curse on hit in my Southbound while wearing Windscream boots?

Really enjoying the build, TYVM

P.S
Would you mind showing your flask setup, as well as maybe BiS flask suggestions? Would be much appreciated.

That's actually a very good idea for lower budgets - i guess it never occurred to me to think about that option because i didn't have the cost aspect that much in mind when making the build:)
A bit of a question is still which Herald is the better choice to apply the curses: My suspicion is Herald of Thunder because you can "carry it over" to single monsters/bosses etc , if you know what i mean - but in the end it's a personal preference.
Alternatively, you could attach Ele Weakness to Leap Slam with curse on hit - this way you could apply it more targeted and only when you need it (helps to prevent killing yourself on a reflect rare that you didn't see coming). Lastly you could actually ... dare i say it...cast it manually for the same reasons - cursing manually sounds weird in 2.4, doesn't it.
Either way i will add these suggestions to the build guide, thanks!

Flasks:
I do not have a fix (or super optimized) flask setup, but here are my 2 cents:

I usually run a Seething Divine Life Flask , "Surgeon's Eternal Life flask of Staunching", Diamond Flask (perpetual or chemist's if possible). The remaining two slots i like to use situationally: Atziri's Promise, Jade Flask, Stibnite, Quicksilver, or Resistance Flasks when running f.e. a map with high extra damage of a particular element. If you know you'll be facing a phys - heavy boss, bring a basalt flask... i suppose you get what i mean: I like to switch flasks often and according to the area i am going to enter:)

The utility mods are the usual: I already mentioned staunching. Another important one is "of Warding". Besides that get chill/freeze immunity ("of heat") and Shock immunity ("of Grounding") if you can. I consider Shock Immunity the least important one for Softcore play.

Two side notes on Flasks:
1)If you find yourself struggling with reflect rares, then use a Surgeon's Ruby flask. Also the Evasion Flasks (Jade & Stibnite) can help, since reflected attack damage factors in your accuracy and chance to evade. Atziri's Promise helps a little bit as well.

2)Players with good flask management often use just one life flask... i am not one of those:)
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 4, 2016, 9:34:20 AM
"
EvilChomsky wrote:

I can record a video showing how to do it, if you want to:)

yes please i want to see video how to do it
So i recorded an Atziri run. It's not a particularily good one. I die once in the split phase - but that's mainly because i just suck as a player and has very little to do with the build;)

The skill gem for the Atziri fight was a lvl 8 Lacerate... lvl doesn't even matter, we have enough damage.

The gear i used was the same as in the build guide, i just switched out the gloves for the reasons i already explained. Because i have just one curse without the gloves, i shouldn't actually use Windscreams; some movement speed would make things even easier.

Oh, and no sound btw... it recorded my mic instead of the game sound.
Video:
https://vid.me/Zzcr
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Last edited by EvilChomsky on Oct 5, 2016, 2:34:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info