[2.5] Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin - 300k+ dps, 6k+ hp, Low to medium Budget, uber lab viable

Thanks for the reply. Feel free to watch my character in my profile.

Snakebite would give us increased acc and attack speed. Less life but more evasion rating.
Atm. i am at 4.942 life with Southbound (4.846 life with Snakebite). I would go for the trade.

While reading your comment i was watching my eq. First of all i mentioned that you are using southbound with 1blue 1green and 2red sockets. I prefer my setup with 3blue and 1green for the curse/herald (much easier to craft multiple times for the corrupted curse on Hit). The corrupoted Southbounds are the next thing i try to get.

You wrote arctic armour would be good for us against reflect. We are permanently moving and arctic armour would not protect us?

Yeah i can see that for 100 hp, the southbounds don't seem that good of a deal - although there is also the substantial ele damage roll on them. However they scale off flat life, so the more you get on your gear, the more worth they will be using.
The socket colours on my southbounds are just because i bought them with the corruption and didn't bother changing it. I do recommend southbounds as the item to get the 3B1g for the curse setup on.

Of course with essence crafting, there are new possibilites: F.e. rare gloves with Attack speed, Life and crit...

Arctic Armour should work with Flicker Strike, since, as far as i know, Flicker's teleporting isn't counted as "Moving" - don't ask me why:).
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Oro's Crit Flicker Assassin: view-thread/1691639
Sire of Ignites Elementalist: view-thread/1703646
Low Life CocSpray Occultist: view-thread/1711959
Probably a noob question but is Sibyl's Lament Coral Ring a viable item for this? Or does its low life and lack of res just make it terrible
Last edited by Bluntedexile on Sep 22, 2016, 1:30:32 AM
"
Bluntedexile wrote:
Probably a noob question but is Sibyl's Lament Coral Ring a viable item for this? Or does its low life and lack of res just make it terrible

Sibyl's is a very good choice for safety during map clearing; I used it a lot. Maybe switch it for a better damage/life ring when you get to the boss fight - if you have a better ring.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
Why are you not going for the fireborn jewel spot (wrecking ball wheel)? And how do you deal with the enemies that cannot be ignited? :D Just remove the gloves for the kill?
There is nothing wrong with using a Fireborn jewel and grabbing the right side of Wrecking Ball (you'd probably want to take Destroyer too, btw). Back when i made the build it was kind of a convenience choice for me to not take it: Using those points to grab Snowforged and Throatseeker instead meant i had to get less int and crit on my gear and so made it easier to find usable jewellery.

Indeed if an enemy can neither be ignited nor shattered, then i do take off the gloves for the last hit - but it's super rare that i need to do this.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
What's the order of ascendencies?
"
Sterisk wrote:
What's the order of ascendencies?

Unstable Infusion/Deadly Infusion is the really important one, so use normal & cruel Labs to grab these. Merc and Uber Lab go into Ambush/Assassinate.
My 2.3 Build Guides:
hi guys!
i just hit 90with this build. wtf its pretty easy. fast clear. 6090hp lol... i only get a 5l and i already destroying all the stuff lol
i just upgrade some of my gear so if your interest i sell
Spoiler
~b/o 35 chaos
~b/o 2 exa

have fun boys
Just made the switch after levelling to your build and am in the process of doing lab to fill out the crit chance but I was wondering how Crit Multi works with Emberwake.

Emberwake says that your critical strikes do no extra damage, does this not affect how much burn damage is done? If the crit doesn't do anything, why do we take crit multi nodes on the tree?

You can still maintain frenzy charges by reapplying ignite with the delicious amount of crit we have, so wouldn't either just adding a crit/wed/etc ring or replacing the gloves with facebreakers for the multi and rocking with a bit less life be a more powerful option? (Hell, even with the gloves, you're still gonna get larger single burns and kills)

Edit: By replacing the gloves with Facebreakers and taking the final two ascendancies, we get the benefit of culling strike too.
Last edited by Scilarion on Oct 1, 2016, 12:58:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info