Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 3 - Select the special property

What should the secondary special property of the unique be?

10% chance to dodge against taunted enemies, Melee attacks have a 25% chance to Maim taunted enemies, 2% of attack damage leeched as life against taunted enemies
6108.32%
Double the number of Frenzy and Endurance Charges you gain, 50% increased Frenzy and Endurance Charge Duration
236832.31%
20% chance to blind Bleeding Enemies on hit, Attacks have a 20% chance to cause bleeding
83011.33%
You have Onslaught while Fortified, 15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun
352048.03%
Poll closed
"
Vhlad wrote:
All 4 of those choices are strong enough to render the theme of the belt entirely pointless. That whole stacking armour + evasion thing? 99% of players using this belt wont bother.

with champion:
free fortify = free onslaught (and no melee requirement)
or free taunt on hit = free 2% attack leech, 10% dodge, 25% maim (tell me why, again, you nerfed all other leech sources to 0.2% if you're just going to add items and ascendancies with 10x more leech?)

And it adds onslaught to the de facto movement skill (whirling blades + fortify + faster attacks).

Anyway, yeah. 2x more frenzy/endurance charges and 50% duration, or 20% blind on every hit (with voidheart, or reach of the council/puncture, etc). The options are all fine but they're strong enough by themselves for the belt theme to be skippable.

I'd rather see a stronger ar/ev bonus with life/resists than a BIS dps/movement belt irrespective of ar/ev investment.

Ya'll are taking onslaught which was supposed to be a special buff and giving it away essentially for free with 100% uptime. That's power creep. Compare it to innervate (which has conditions/drawbacks, i.e. requires a shock, a kill, and a support gem slot) or the old onslaught generating uniques, like death rush, vaal caress, mutewind pennant, extractor mentis, etc - those are completely overshadowed. Heck onslaught is not even thematically appropriate with fortify.

this is probably one of the few times we agree on something

it's weird seeing an EV+AR unique and the first property being very cool and thematic, just for the choices for secondary property to be completely off-theme and just juggling with existing things none of which are actually 'unique'.

actually, this brings up an issue with ascendancy (imo)- things that are hard to get are interesting. once you get 100s of ways to get something, theyre no longer interesting. elemental conflux is cool and interesting- because you can only get it currently in one place. onslaught USED to be interesting when you could barely get it, now it's like in 15 different places. I used to play a dual claw build with daressos defiance back in what, nemesis time, and one of the reasons why I liked that chest was onslaught.

all these options are kinda meh.

I do disagree with many who think charge duration+double charge generation is garbage. it's not. people who still use EC against bosses benefit a lot, and if using snakebites, you want that duration

basically, its an alternative for some people who use restless ward, on a belt. not the most exciting thing ever, but far from useless
"
grepman wrote:

I do disagree with many who think charge duration+double charge generation is garbage. it's not. people who still use EC against bosses benefit a lot, and if using snakebites, you want that duration

Same here, but it would also give more fuel to discharger builds. :(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Please don't make this melee only.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
Would be nice to not show the results until after the vote is done. Showing results influences the votes.
Last edited by Brumlebassen on Jun 27, 2016, 1:58:53 AM
Voted for Blind because there are hardly any sources of blind in the game. My second favorite was the taunt suite. But no, both of those are barely getting any votes... I don't really see what's exciting about the two options that are getting a lot of votes. Onslaught is kinda bland by now, and 2x (dis)charges gained (if you have Voll's Devotion)? Meh.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
The Unique Version of this belt is a "Ballhunter", Headhunters little brother that doesn't work with rare mobs but with magic ones :D
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
50% increased charge duration isn't for people who have all the charge duration nodes on the tree. It's for people who don't have them. Being able to maintain 3-4 Frenzy and Endurance charges easily as an INT character would be really useful I think.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
My analysis:

Taunt theme:
Very strong option for any attack build out there because of 2% free leech which is insane. Paired with Duelists Champion. Base taunt duration is about 4sec, with Champion you can get up to roughly 6sec. 10% dodge is really nice. Maim doesn't do anything for melee characters except you are using a melee skill that isn't actually melee like Reave or Earthquake, which covers half of the screen.

counterarguements: everything is conditional, once a enemy is taunted it becomes immune to taunt for 7sec after that - so your leech, dodge and maim can fall of and you stand there with nothing. Against trash you will be fine, against bosses that take longer to kill you must be cautious.

The onslaught/fortify theme:
20% free attack speed, cast speed and movement speed if you are a melee attack build, which is huge. This type of belt is more universal than other variants fue to the non melee condition. You can also get perma onslaught which is insanity on its own if you ask me without using a silver flask. Chance to gain fortigy on melee hit for a fast attacking build means permanent uptime - Reave benefits the most from this since it is already link starved. This type of belt isn't only insane for duelists it is also very good paired with rangers

counterarguements: if your fortify falls of you get nothing, so you have to go with a fast attacking melee build to utilize it properly or go champion.

The bleed theme:
Blind is one of the strongest mechanics in the game - no doubt about it. Beeing tied to the bleed condition sucks because you can only bleed with attacks which makes it less versatile than other options. This version provides you with a 7 link but don't offers blind duration like the gem itself.
Blind + Evasion + Dodge basically means you can't get hit be attacks if you do it right.

counterarguements: You need a fast attacking build to proc bleed because it is only 20% chance. Stacking possibilitys on top of each other is not reliable enough for the current state of the game (20% chance to bleed AND then 20% chance to blind - so the first hit can never blind).
You basically need multistrike for this to work somewhat well. Reave is the best candidate here again.

The charge theme:
Really GGG? Discharge again? Charge gain in PoE is a dangerous mechanic to fiddle with. Enduring Cry providing double the amount of charges so will curses as Poarchers Mark and Warlords Mark. With Blasphemy you can basically walk through packs and Discharge every time without worrying about charge gain. Against single target you have to come up with something.

counterarguements:
another buff to discharge and coc discharge, really GGG? can we please give Discharge a 1sec cooldown to circumvent this bullshit once and for all? Thank you!

in short: people are picking the most versatile option first which is understandable and also better for the game (because this breeds more creativity). The other half is riding on the coc discharge/discharge train, sadly. The other 2 variants are cool but less versatile and more conditional and that is why they see less votes over all.

I voted for the first option, but sadly I see that most people voted the second which is probably the worst.

My thoughts on the options:

1)This is good because generally speaking a hybrid evasion/armour build won't have that much armour/evasion. Thus it is good to provide some additional defenses such as dodge and maim and also provide some leech. The First affix (attack damage based on evasion/armour) hints that this could be used for an elemental build so having generic attack leech would benefit such a build a lot

2)I don't know why people vote for this. Yes fortify and onslaught are nice, but you can easily put fortify on the movement skill and you can easily gain onslaught by using a flask. Also the buff onslaught provide is not that great imo compared to other options in the list

3)This was my second best. This is because it helps the build blind the enemies. Since you won't have that much evasion it's good to blind the enemies to be more effective. However it's easy blinding the enemies using other means such as putting blind gem on the golem, flasks etc. Also bleeding is nice, but it is a bit niche. In addition as I said above I think the generic attack damage hints more to an elemental build thus making bleeding no so good combo with the first affix

4)This options sound good at first, but generally speaking you can sustain your frenzy/endurance charges without these options, so this seems to be kind of a waste. I see some people arguing that it could be useful for bosses so that you can get 2 endurance charges instead of one, but I don't think this will make that much of a different. Option 1 will be more reliable in any case.

Last edited by phmn on Jun 27, 2016, 3:08:07 AM
And the vote goes to... the most boring option. Seriously? Are we all just going to pick B because "perma-onslaught sounds cool!" Sigh.

I chose A. It is the most interesting and if it would be chosen would actually cause me to make a taunt build to use it. It is very powerful, but only for a certain build(s), which is exactly what a unique should be.

GGG, this referendum is only advisory and non-binding, right? Right?
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info