Development Manifesto: Prophecy Changes

The vendor 5:1 unique prophecy is very cool. Players have asked for a unique sink for a very long time... But why even need a prophecy? What if this was just a regular vendor recipe, and the prophecy version then could give you say 2 uniques instead of just one or etc (similar to the extra chaos vendor prophecy.) Still don't like it? The vendor version could be 6:1 or 7:1, or whatever is felt as balanced.

Also, great job with fated uniques. Some unique items are very interesting, but also very limited and only minimally viable for later game. Would still love to see more. For example, three dragons seems like a contender. Even just a little life and defenses would go a long way there; or you can get more creative.

It seems like Prophecy adds the most powerful mechanic yet to significantly augmenting a single play through to feel different than the next... Great job.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Jun 21, 2016, 9:54:11 AM
+1 to get Prophecy rolled to Std.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I Hope you didnt nerf prophecy that I still need for challange.
This is pretty awesome, I'm gonna start playing Prophecy again!
It was Extremely Wonderful CAKE....however, it became bittersweet beyond any comparison after the second piece, and made standard somewhat easier to chew and digest once again.

Great concept and content !
One of the highlights of back-tracking for me, was that I went back to Act 1 Merc to do the fight at the banner (climb), only to open a box and find a Pride Before the Fall div card. I would have normally never been farming those zones for one, so it was a happy surprise.
"
NoNamium wrote:
"
Imho the most boring and unrewarding league i've ever played in POE, ok what means played? I've already stopped playing after a few days.

Perandus and Talisman leagues were cool though.

+1

<Sarcasm>I hate the lab, so adding longer trials and longer lab is just wonderful.</Sarcasm>

The only thing to be salty about here is that I only ran map trials with a character I hate, so I don't care if he dies. So when I found a trial, I'd switch characters and do it with the "stunt double". Same account. No f*cking godess piece... QQ

"
Chris wrote:
This league is super easy to tweak and add content to, so we're going to continue to solicit and respond to feedback over the next couple of months. It's also a good candidate for being rolled back into the core game in some form afterwards, so we're keen to hit a balance that everyone likes.

so boring league into the core,but perandus don't . .i see.
So receiving the Heavy Blows Prophecy when you are a Marauder Two handed weapons user has been fixed? All prophecies requiring to wear item X should be removed?
We need:

The prophecy chick to be in our hideouts.
The seal cost for garbage prophecies(ones with NO rewards) to be 1 coin.
Prophecies to tell us what zone we should go to.

It was poor visualization on GGG's part because most players didn't touch prophecies until after Merc dried lake. So, they implemented this "huge" change that MAYBE affects a strongbox a map. It's a very mediocre league and despite what you say, i think the player count is way way less than Perandus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info