Development Manifesto: Prophecy Changes

"
laiel wrote:
I understand that I'm strange, but I actually enjoy the backtracking prophecies. I mean I don't care for going back a difficulty when I didn't manage to complete something in Act 4, but I like occasionally breaking the monotony of maps with traveling back through Merciless difficulty to pickup some things. When the rares simply don't exist, that can certainly be a pain, but otherwise I like having an incentive to travel through areas I've already been. I'd like to see more of that in this game, so I hope these prophecies won't be too rare, although perhaps more compelling incentives could be implemented sometime.

In any case, I've really been enjoying Prophecy and would dearly love to see it incorporated into the core game, with the understanding that some adjustments will need to be made. (Could that make Navali Path of Exile's equivalent of Deckard Cain? The one NPC who's with you in all acts.) While there seem to be balance problems to consider, one of my favorite new mechanics is performing challenges that upgrade low-level unique items to something that can carry you through later levels and difficulties. I would like to see more of this sort of thing.

I also like the backtracking and I think adjusting the cost for saeling a prophecy that you don't want at the moment might be enough to fix that problem for most people already?
Sounds good but there is one thing you didn't address that I find to be a huge pain in the ass. Prophecies that send you to a specific location such as southern forest, northern forest, cemetery map and so on causes general prophecies to trigger before the zone specific one. This "forces" us to either wait to clear them out until we have no other prophecy that can accidentally trigger or risk losing prophecies we don't want in these zones/maps.

Basically I want zone specific once to be prioritized if you have one active.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
ShadowMagnet wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

This league is super easy to tweak and add content to, so we're going to continue to solicit and respond to feedback over the next couple of months. It's also a good candidate for being rolled back into the core game in some form afterwards, so we're keen to hit a balance that everyone likes.

Excellent news! I like the idea of making the way up to maps more interesting and don't mind the backtracking that much. As someone suggested, how about giving one free prophecy sealing per day if the prophecy is in one of the lower difficulty levels?

Don't know if it would be possible with the current tech, how about scaling up the monster level of the target map if you get a backtracking prophecy, based on the player level?
Like, the player is level 80, gets a prophecy to kill a rare on the beach in act 1 merciless. When the player enters the area, it's generated at monster level 75, having accordingly mods like a level 75 magic or rare map.

Hmm, too bad that people seemingly don't like Talisman. I really liked that freely configurable mini-boss fight on almost each map. Would love to see that to get added to Standard, oh well.

+1 to this.

I like prophecy, but backtracing feels like a waste of time, if at least the critters were of higher level.. and it should be possible, talisman could easily spawn a lev 60 critter in a lev 30 zone.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
"Some prophecies have been disabled from triggering in problematic unique maps."

So no more possessed Pale Council? :') Was the most painful experience I had so far :D
GGG thank you!
There is a prophecy with a 100% chanced unique Oo ?

Someone knows the name ... just for research and my poetrade livetracker

Found it trash to treasure
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 21, 2016, 7:10:51 AM
League is shit !
Can you change the "Kill specific rare monster" prophecy to drop random unique item (or atleast an aray of theme related uniques)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Some mechanics of the league is fun.
But cant even get enough coins to seal a prophecy, and maybe is just my luck but being out of coins and not able to do prophecy isn't fun.
"
Nijicho wrote:
"Some prophecies have been disabled from triggering in problematic unique maps."

So no more possessed Pale Council? :') Was the most painful experience I had so far :D

Try Uber possessed trio / atziri / twin vaal LOL It was fucking hilarious like vaal had the speed of light basically.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 21, 2016, 7:58:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info