Development Manifesto: Prophecy Changes

"
Fixed several mild exploit cases with Prophecies that we're not going to describe in these notes for obvious reasons.

Finally thank you
SSF since ~OB
"
Vhlad wrote:
It better be rolled into the core game, along with all of the current fated uniques.

As a standard player I'm starting to feel really REALLY neglected.

Temp Leagues = National Basketball Association

Standard = Womens National Basketball Association
No one cares about standard. It's literally a recycle bin, just press empty.
"
Chris wrote:

...we're going to continue to solicit and respond to feedback over the next couple of months.

When are you going to start responding to players who are posting issues in the Tech support forum? The only thread getting any attention from you guys is the one designated for additional MTX tabs. Kinda funny how you guys are so quick to respond to players wanting to buy more MTX but the players actually having difficulty playing the game are getting shafted.

"
Henry_GGG wrote:

For all issues, the more information you give us, the less likely we are to reply to you with a response asking for more details.
We're here to help, along with a lot of our community members, and are more than happy to go through problems with you.

If you guys are here to help, where is it? A few players have been posting where you've failed to do anything, but those attempts have been in vein. No one can do anything about bugs they know nothing about and you've been pretty quiet about it. Its great you're making changes to improve Prophecy but what the hell is the point if the game keeps crashing and fps issues are making it unplayable. When I refer to crashing, it includes:

Crashing @ the login screen

Crashing @ login after recently crashing

Crashing after logging in (town)

Crashing when trying to enter hideout

Crashing when leaving the hideout

Crashing when trying to enter someone elses hideout

Crashing when doing wild master missions

Crashing when doing daily missions/rotations - This is my favorite one because after the initial crash, it takes 2-3 times trying to relog which is enough time for a party to give up trying to re invite a player, screwing the guy who crashed, out of a rotation.

Crashing @ specific spots in Lab - Took 4 days and several attempts to finish merc lab due to guaranteed crashing after 2nd boss.

Crashing when entering maps(rain is clearly a problem)

---

Other than the issues of the client crashing after an initial crash, there is no way to tell when one of these things is going to happen, but they happen frequently. The list doesn't even include the long-lasting spells of fps issues that are making maps/leveling very difficult.

I don't know where else to post this where it might actually draw a response from you guys. The updates to features in the game are useless if the game doesn't work properly. I read the post about current development priorities and am aware that a patch is to be released in the coming days but that doesn't make it okay to ignore everyone except players who want more mtx tabs.
"
MarkoftheWild wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

...we're going to continue to solicit and respond to feedback over the next couple of months.

When are you going to start responding to players who are posting issues in the Tech support forum? The only thread getting any attention from you guys is the one designated for additional MTX tabs. Kinda funny how you guys are so quick to respond to players wanting to buy more MTX but the players actually having difficulty playing the game are getting shafted.

"
Henry_GGG wrote:

For all issues, the more information you give us, the less likely we are to reply to you with a response asking for more details.
We're here to help, along with a lot of our community members, and are more than happy to go through problems with you.

If you guys are here to help, where is it? A few players have been posting where you've failed to do anything, but those attempts have been in vein. No one can do anything about bugs they know nothing about and you've been pretty quiet about it. Its great you're making changes to improve Prophecy but what the hell is the point if the game keeps crashing and fps issues are making it unplayable. When I refer to crashing, it includes:

Crashing @ the login screen

Crashing @ login after recently crashing

Crashing after logging in (town)

Crashing when trying to enter hideout

Crashing when leaving the hideout

Crashing when trying to enter someone elses hideout

Crashing when doing wild master missions

Crashing when doing daily missions/rotations - This is my favorite one because after the initial crash, it takes 2-3 times trying to relog which is enough time for a party to give up trying to re invite a player, screwing the guy who crashed, out of a rotation.

Crashing @ specific spots in Lab - Took 4 days and several attempts to finish merc lab due to guaranteed crashing after 2nd boss.

Crashing when entering maps(rain is clearly a problem)

---

Other than the issues of the client crashing after an initial crash, there is no way to tell when one of these things is going to happen, but they happen frequently. The list doesn't even include the long-lasting spells of fps issues that are making maps/leveling very difficult.

I don't know where else to post this where it might actually draw a response from you guys. The updates to features in the game are useless if the game doesn't work properly. I read the post about current development priorities and am aware that a patch is to be released in the coming days but that doesn't make it okay to ignore everyone except players who want more mtx tabs.

I have none of these problems. what are your computer specs? FYI I am running on a pentium 3 with 500mb of ram, and a 10 year old gfx card.
This will be my first league from inception to completion. What with being unable to devote hordes of time, the prospect of fulfilling the league is very daunting - especially since I don't really understand how or why it works the way it does...but it's amusing trying.
Hi! Happy to hear you guys planning to add prophecy content to the core game later!
I for one would welcome it even "as is" to spice up future leagues and standard. I dont play standard so far, no time, but allways thinking I might want to continue with my chars and stuff there, and this might be just the thing to make me rly want to play in standard as well.

Plus its completely optional content that would not trigger for such that dont seek their prophecies, so perfect for adding to core in some form, right?
Levelling in prophecy has been lot more interesting, only in cruel atm having casual fun, but prophecy randomness so far has has kept me very entertained, and crushed my starting plan of "this time I will try rush to merciless as fast as i can ", in a good way :D!

PS. Thanks, LOVED the prophecy supporter pack caster armor, a must have for me! Hope you add even more such lighter looking armors that also look good on female chars (not too bulky), and dark stuff ;)
"
Vhlad wrote:
It better be rolled into the core game, along with all of the current fated uniques.

As a standard player I'm starting to feel really REALLY neglected.

I don't understand what is going on with you "self-dubbed-standard-players". You're talkin' like you're being left behind, while you're actually always being invited to join the party.

Standard is exactly what it says on the box: The core game (Plus Zana map-mods). If you want something other than the core game: Join the league, and stop complaining.

I really gets frustrating to read these things time and time again. "Standard players are left out", "Standard player feels neglected", and so on. It was your very own choice not to join a league to begin with. If your choice makes you unhappy, make a different decision.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
the standard game DESPERATELY

NEEDS!!! MORE THINGS TO DO!!

PLEASE!! put Prophecy into main game ASAP!!!!

labyrinth is one more thing, thats cool! .. now make like 10 more alternate end game activivies!!!
Last edited by CaoMengde on Jun 23, 2016, 5:19:35 PM
With prophecy GGG got the perfect opportunity to bring balance to the force.

It could be used as a perfect mass destruction weapon on Standard, giving the players the rare opportunity to get standard-only prophecy that revive the old leagues, giving the new players the opportunity to revive the old leagues in a unique way, like "You will find a leap on time area, that will send you to % league god old times" that will set the map to the league map.

EX:> Map pre-strongbox season, will see no strongbox on that map, no nemesis, etc... but will drop that league specific items. But crafting will not bring the league specific items (Maintaining the Zana value) bringing new experience to the standard league.

This will give the standard end game market new items to farm, you will want nemesis prophecy, to try to get the 160ex "now" headhunter item, which price will drop to 9-10 ex.

So you can start with a very low rate for that prophecy and increase it over time to adjust the market easily as you did with the Zana changes.

Navali could be added as a master for the 4rth act, with the silver coins start appearing on that act onward, keeping the start of the game simple, and getting more complex as the game goes on. Also moving the labyrinth after Malachai will be a good idea too, requiring a key that he has to open the door to a new small area "pre act V" that could contain all the masters in front of another door to the new area waiting to get inside :P, and the door to the labyrinth, as the game now doesn`t require to defeat Malachai on merciles to start the end-game "I just did him on level 79 or so, one day i get bored of doing maps".
Last edited by Sourgin on Aug 6, 2016, 11:51:48 PM
My feedback about prophecies system so far: (First time in the league, lvl 60)

1- Really good in general, adds some more variations to the game

2- We need more of them, they quickly become too repetitive

3- The profecy "The Alchemist": "You will slay an Undying Alchemist, and it will drop an Orb of Alchemy.". As a not very experienced player, I though this alchemist would spawn anywhere, not only the sewers, so I spent a lot of time trying to find him in the dry lake. Please add "in the sewers" to the description. Maybe there are more prophecies with the same issue.

4- The "Lasting Impressions" prophecy makes so that you don't care about scrolls of wisdom in the game (if ever you would before), so I don't see exactly what is the design behind this.

5- I love the flavor texts and voice acting of the prophecy NPC!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info