Labyrinth is not a Labyrinth

"
thevdende wrote:
If people spent half of the time they spend raging against the lab in these threads, actually trying to learn it they might appreciate it more. Its not that hard once you understand it and even if you hate the machnics and it triggers you, a mericless lab rush costs you 4c tops big friggen deal. And about its a "hc" mechanic in SC. ITS NOT. If you die you get to start over, as often as you like, and each time you will know the lay out better, and it will go easier, unless you play HC (in which case its a HC mechanic duh).

TRIGGERED.

I am always confused when i see people bring in the "its not hard" argument to this. PoE is not hard.. it was harder in the past, now its just laughably easy.. anything will work with ascendancies.. every build will work much better and will go further(well, not deliberately retarded concepts).

Labyrinth is tedious mixed with RNG to an absurd amount. It is not hard, its frustrating. You build up a straw man then you take him down, without actually adding anything of value to the thread.

I like poe as it is, i just argue that the "poorly designed estate" has no place in an ARPG in this format. Only a small amount of people think that the labyrinth is "hard" as in "you require much skill to overcome it".

Tedious NOT EQUAL Difficult.
Thank you for your time.
cheers
"
_Emperor_ wrote:

I am always confused when i see people bring in the "its not hard" argument to this. PoE is not hard.. it was harder in the past, now its just laughably easy.. anything will work with ascendancies.. every build will work much better and will go further(well, not deliberately retarded concepts).

Labyrinth is tedious mixed with RNG to an absurd amount. It is not hard, its frustrating. You build up a straw man then you take him down, without actually adding anything of value to the thread.

I like poe as it is, i just argue that the "poorly designed estate" has no place in an ARPG in this format. Only a small amount of people think that the labyrinth is "hard" as in "you require much skill to overcome it".

Thank you for your time.
cheers

Adding to this, the argument people often bring up about Ascendancy points is: You should have to earn them doing this hard labyrinth! Can't possibly make an alternate method... And yet, they ALSO say the Labyrinth is easy, just run through it quick or get carried...

Ok, one or the other people. Is it hard or easy? Are you earning them or is it just a speed bump?

It's just a poorly designed system for THIS game, In my opinion.
"
Zaludoz wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:

Thank you for your time.
cheers

Adding to this, the argument people often bring up about Ascendancy points is: You should have to earn them doing this hard labyrinth! Can't possibly make an alternate method... And yet, they ALSO say the Labyrinth is easy, just run through it quick or get carried...

Ok, one or the other people. Is it hard or easy? Are you earning them or is it just a speed bump?

It's just a poorly designed system for THIS game, In my opinion.

Its excellent content, just not why we are here. If i want traps and levers with sparse monsters and hard bosses that are completely not representative of the content i play Prince of Persia.

Sure, you can mix genres.. but dont mix chess with snow boarding and call it revolutionary. Its not even good chess, or hard chess... just boring chess ... the chess you play with your young cousin and at a point he swallows a rook and you all end up in a hospital, trying to feel sorry and jolly at the same time. Checking out nurses and being reminded that one day you might wear a diaper again. Troubling times... where was i?

AND the universe splits again, now my parrot is riding a gorilla in the fangorn forest. I am so confused.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The only thing that pisses me off about the Lab is that it treats characters so differently. Currently playing a ranged, evasion based character and the lab just ruins her. A tanky marauder? Easy mode.

Evasion needs to be given some form of mitigation from trap damage.

Yup, this is what I am playing this league, also.

Stibnite flasks, quartz flasks, quicksilver flasks, blink arrow, stone golem and/or rejuvenation totems can get you to Izaro. My problem has been getting one-shotted by Izaro.

I am definitely having a different experience in lab then last league. But I think I just about have it solved if I can find one more gem.
"
Kechop wrote:
The labyrinth is a forced "optional" gamemode in path of exalts that allows lifebuilds and tank/melee builds to excel while 90% of ranged builds struggle finishing izaro without fed gear and overleveling.
oh no, a tank/melee build finally can do something better than ranged. what a travesty.

"
_Emperor_ wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:
If people spent half of the time they spend raging against the lab in these threads, actually trying to learn it they might appreciate it more. Its not that hard once you understand it and even if you hate the machnics and it triggers you, a mericless lab rush costs you 4c tops big friggen deal. And about its a "hc" mechanic in SC. ITS NOT. If you die you get to start over, as often as you like, and each time you will know the lay out better, and it will go easier, unless you play HC (in which case its a HC mechanic duh).

TRIGGERED.

Thank you for your time.
cheers

Its not tedious, it literally takes 10-15 minutes with a decent build. It takes less than 5 if you build for it. 10-15 minutes investment for 2 ascendancy points, yeap thats a real grind mate. GRIND. If you want to run it fro enchantments, thats your choice, CHOICE. In case you haven't realized the game is made by a company called GRINDING GEAR GAMES. GRINDING.
Last edited by thevdende on Jun 21, 2016, 5:45:50 AM
"
thevdende wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
"
thevdende wrote:

TRIGGERED.

Thank you for your time.
cheers

Its not tedious, it literally takes 10-15 minutes with a decent build. It takes less than 5 if you build for it. 10-15 minutes investment for 2 ascendancy points, yeap thats a real grind mate. GRIND. If you want to run it fro enchantments, thats your choice, CHOICE. In case you haven't realized the game is made by a company called GRINDING GEAR GAMES. GRINDING.

Thanks for adding literally nothing to the conversation. You just gonna state "its not tedious" because it takes 10-15 for you? MY experience with it, and obviously experience from a lot of people means nothing, because you can simply go "nop, its not like you experience it because i know better".
Maybe 15 of what i consider BORING content is TEDIOUS for me. Maybe i suffer more in those 10 mins than rerolling a char from 0 to 90. Are you the judge of what is considered tedious?

And for the grind, well.. if i consider it BORING i will have trouble with the grind part. There is RNG grind and there is just grind. One can be planned for, one cannot. I am sure you can see the points, if you only wish to do so. No need to be condescending or deliberately thick... Your head, your thoughts, dont speak for my feelings and my experiences because you have it differently.

Thank you for your time.
Git R Dun!
Suit yourself, if you consider lvling 0-90 less tedious than running the lab 1x, thats on you. If you spend half the time you do whining on the forums instead of looking for some vids of people running through the lab you might just, just learn how to do it.

Honestly I had similar emotions the first time I did it, though it was stupid, insanely rippy, blabla, gated content, its a slog, etc. Then I actually *had* to do it because I wanted those sweet, sweet ascendancy points, and after a couple of times, I literally remember thinking "heh this isn't so bad after all".

There are simple tricks to running through it, and being over levelled isn't one of them. Rolling correct flasks is. You need at least 2 bubbling/seething flasks and a movement skill for EZ mode.

But suit yourself just continue whining and crying, just remember you are the vocal minority.
"
thevdende wrote:
Suit yourself, if you consider lvling 0-90 less tedious than running the lab 1x, thats on you. If you spend half the time you do whining on the forums instead of looking for some vids of people running through the lab you might just, just learn how to do it.

Honestly I had similar emotions the first time I did it, though it was stupid, insanely rippy, blabla, gated content, its a slog, etc. Then I actually *had* to do it because I wanted those sweet, sweet ascendancy points, and after a couple of times, I literally remember thinking "heh this isn't so bad after all".

There are simple tricks to running through it, and being over levelled isn't one of them. Rolling correct flasks is. You need at least 2 bubbling/seething flasks and a movement skill for EZ mode.

But suit yourself just continue whining and crying, just remember you are the vocal minority.

Now you assume i cant run it, or that i dont know how. Are you deliberately confusing the issue? Should i report you for something? Why are you acting like this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info