Labyrinth is not a Labyrinth

The only thing that pisses me off about the Lab is that it treats characters so differently. Currently playing a ranged, evasion based character and the lab just ruins her. A tanky marauder? Easy mode.

Evasion needs to be given some form of mitigation from trap damage.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 18, 2016, 8:05:44 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The only thing that pisses me off about the Lab is that it treats characters so differently. Currently playing a ranged, evasion based character and the lab just ruins her. A tanky marauder? Easy mode.

No no.. its intentional.. because this is optional content... just like breathing... and eating bananas.. totally optional
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

No no.. its intentional.. because this is optional content... just like breathing... and eating bananas.. totally optional

How the heck is eating bananas not optional?
but...but it has a minotaur!
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Regulator wrote:
Labyrinth comes from the word Λαβύρινθος (la-verenthos, e as it pronnounced in the word leap)...

You are Greek, aren't you? The "v" and "e" in Laverenthos are a tell-tale sign, since this would be the pronunciation in modern Greek. In old Greek, the β was probably pronounced "b", as far as we can tell from Latin transcriptions containing the letter b. However, in Spanish b and v are also kinda interchangeable, so the last word isn't spoken and until someone invents a time machine to go back and check, we'll never know for sure.

Anyway, kudos on explaining the word. Etymology is always nice.

As for Labyrinth not being one... well, it is kinda mazy, but not as you would imagine the cliché maze. Might as well be a castle designed by Bergholt Stuttley Johnson.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
Did you guys notice this too?

To make it a real labyrinth they need to remove the "current location" thingie.. and make much more exits and entrances to confuse us.

Actually that would make it a Maze, a labyrinth is supposed to be one path from the start to the end.
Yeah let's whine that the lab isn't already a boring waste of time. It should def be more time consuming and annoying. Sure, let's make it more of a maze. Why not double up on the traps while we're at it.
IGN:Flickfrap
Last edited by LoPan on Jun 19, 2016, 9:25:01 AM
Look... we only need to clarify linguistical terms if there's a possibility of confusion. When we say "Labyrinth" in the context of PoE, we all know what we're talking about. That's what I meant when I said they could call it "sponge cake". It's jargon at this point... not a usage of the word in the classical sense. We aren't being misled. We aren't being confused by the term. It serves it's purpose.
"
_Emperor_ wrote:

Either that, or rename the labyrinth into Poorly Planned Estate.

I'd rather GGG do everyone a favor and delete it from the game entirely. Take trials, lab, traps, roombas, buzzsaws and all the other shit and send it straight into recycle bin where it belongs.
"
Cataca wrote:
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

How the heck is eating bananas not optional?

It is a banana mate, you have to eat them... or the monkeys do. And if there is one thing i hate, its monkeys stealing my bananas.

Yeah, they should delete the lab.
If not, they should create a really confusing place where you can get lost for hours and hours, killing monsters and evading DAHAKA the time keeper...

Then you get the sword of power, and release some trapped souls so you can replenish your health while trying to outwit Cain and Moebius... WE MUST PROTECT THE PILLARS!!!

Wha wha.. where was i... ah yes... NO MONKEYS NO.... god damn monkeys always stealing my bananas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info