Mechanical Questions Thread

"
loadinggood wrote:
Hi. I'd like to know about 2 things.

Asked about one at "Unleash" thread much time ago but did't have the answer. So...

"
loadinggood wrote:

How does "Blade vortex" works with "Unleash support"?
Do "Unleashed" blades have less damage somehow?

Another is about "Smite" gem. It has melee part and area part. I found some information about area part. It does not considered as melee in case on-hit effects and so does not apply Fortify or rage by "Rage support" ("Shockwave Support" and etc). Does it means that area part does't have melee tag and not benefits from things like "Melee Physical Damage Support", "Ruthless Support" and "Disemboweling" from passive tree (Melee crit chance/multi")

Blade vortex stores charges and releases at once but isn't affected by it's damage penalty.
Smite does a melee attack with your weapon, and an area attack which is NOT melee, so melee physical damage would affect the initial hit but not the area part since it doesn't have a melee component.
So I am planning a Bladefall build, and doing some research I found that a concentrated effect one hits 3 times, but that answer was from before intensify was added to the game. I want to know how many times a Bladefall+Intensify+Concentrated Effect would hit a stationary target like shaper (I'm assumig his hitbox is 2~3 radius?) if I have no area modifiers on tree and gear? What about Bladefall+Intensify+Concentrated Effect+Spell Cascade?
"
Rovvvv wrote:
Hello,

a question about elemental hit and chain, would the area of effect damage apply at each target hit during the chain ? If two monsters are close together and elemental hit projectile hit both of them, can the area damage "shotguns" and hit both monsters ?

Thanks !

If somebody can answer this :)

I also have an additional question: what is the base radius of elemental hit aoe ? I could not find it anywhere and not in the wiki either.
"
Rovvvv wrote:
"
Rovvvv wrote:
Hello,

a question about elemental hit and chain, would the area of effect damage apply at each target hit during the chain ? If two monsters are close together and elemental hit projectile hit both of them, can the area damage "shotguns" and hit both monsters ?

Thanks !

If somebody can answer this :)

I also have an additional question: what is the base radius of elemental hit aoe ? I could not find it anywhere and not in the wiki either.
I'm pretty sure Elemental Hit can produce its AoE with each hit; it's only certain projectiles such as Fireball that only explode when they terminate. And yes, overlapping explosions can hit the same monster multiple times. I don't know the radius offhand, and Path of Building doesn't help, but you could just add Elemental Hit to an existing character and see for yourself.
Does anyone know if the dismembering passive works with bows?

It reads: 30% increased melee critical strike chance. +30% to critical strike multiplier. 20% chance to maim enemies on critical stricks with attacks.

I'm just wondering if that last line will work with bows.
The 3.9 Unique Manastorm adds a new mechanic to "Sacrifice" mana when you cast a Spell.

Is sacrificing Mana considered Mana you have spent for the purpose of Indigon or Arcane Capacitor for example?

Also is summoning a Totem considered a Spell?
"
nosam555 wrote:
Does anyone know if the dismembering passive works with bows?

It reads: 30% increased melee critical strike chance. +30% to critical strike multiplier. 20% chance to maim enemies on critical stricks with attacks.

I'm just wondering if that last line will work with bows.
Modifiers are not restricted to the flavour of a node if they don't contain that restriction. If the mod you were wondering about was indeed only effective for melee attacks, it would read "20% chance to maim enemies on critical strikes with melee attacks".

So yes, it will work for bows.

If it does not, it is bugged, or is phrased incorrectly.

"
Kabushiki wrote:
The 3.9 Unique Manastorm adds a new mechanic to "Sacrifice" mana when you cast a Spell.

Is sacrificing Mana considered Mana you have spent for the purpose of Indigon or Arcane Capacitor for example?

Also is summoning a Totem considered a Spell?
To my knowledge, this has not been confirmed, but based on previous experience with precise wording, "sacrificing" is not "spending", so you would need to spend mana for Indigon in addition to what you sacrifice for Manastorm, which poses higher mana recovery requirements for your build, if you want to use both.

Placing a totem should not be considered casting a spell, because it is the totem that casts the spell. So you could use totems to spend mana and occasionally cast a spell to sacrifice mana to maintain both the buffs from Indigon and Manastorm.
Just a quick question about Rarity - it's maybe already covered somewhere but I can't dredge it up!

If I clear a Map with high-damage gear but don't open any boxes (or other 'reveal' items), then exit to Hideout and swap gear for high-iir/iiq, re-enter map and open all the 'reveals', will I benefit from the higher-iir/iiq, or will the contents have the iir/iiq of my gear as I first cleared the map?

Thanks! :)
"
Katsu999 wrote:
Just a quick question about Rarity - it's maybe already covered somewhere but I can't dredge it up!

If I clear a Map with high-damage gear but don't open any boxes (or other 'reveal' items), then exit to Hideout and swap gear for high-iir/iiq, re-enter map and open all the 'reveals', will I benefit from the higher-iir/iiq, or will the contents have the iir/iiq of my gear as I first cleared the map?

Thanks! :)
I do not know if your items will have any affect on that at all, but if they do, it depends on what you are wearing at the time the drop happens. Opening the map only affects the constant modifiers from the map that affect everything within it.

In practically all cases you will earn more by just running another map rather than swapping out your gear and opening boxes. You can check some guides for map sustain if you have troubles with that and are playing SSF.
Question about Evasion's *Entropy* mechanic where each attack dodged has a higher and higher chance of hitting you.
Enemy attacks against you are unlucky -- would this reset the *entropy*? My thinking is miss, miss, miss the hit chance is growing higher and higher, they land a hit...but roll again for unlucky and miss, because it initially counted as a hit, would it then reset the chance to be hit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info