Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Hey guys,

after quite a break from PoE I want to return for next league in 8 days so I am already planning my build :)

I want to play a tanky marauder jugg with Dual Nebuloch - Ground Slam, so heavy physical damage.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nebuloch

So my questions are:
1. With Nebuloch heaving 30-40% of physical atttack damage gained as extra fire damage: Does Dual Wielding 2 Nebulochs mean i get 60-80% extra damage as fire?
2. Running hatred aura means i get nearly 30% damage as cold damage means I would have crazy elemental damage on this build although I am just stacking melee physical damage. This makes Talents like "Divine Fervour" (Elemental Damage and Elemental Penetration) really powerful for me, right? Or do those talents work only for "direct" elemental damage caused by skills?
3. Not sure I understand blight mechanics... Can I just allocate "forces of nature"-node on any amulet unique or rare for paying the oils-cost?
1) Yes, the modifier is global, so two Nebulochs will grant you double the bonus.
2) Yes, converted damage is affected by modifiers to what is was, and what it's converted to (and what it's converted through, if you convert it more than once). So the Physical gained as Fire or Cold is affected by both Physical and Elemental modifiers (and Fire or Cold modifiers for the appropriate damage types). Elemental Penetration also applies to Elemental hits regardless of whether they were converted from physical.
3) Yes, if you anoint Forces of Nature on your amulet, you'll get its bonuses without having to spend passive points on it. Note that an anointment doesn't stack with the same notable if you allocate it legitimately; the idea is to anoint one you wouldn't normally be able to reach (which is probably the case with that one since it's on the other side of the tree).
@ekaye:

Great, thank you so much! Still I am not sure if it was clear what I tried to ask.

I am not converting physical to elemental by Nebuloch but adding elemental damage on top based on the physical damage I am causing (see Nebuloch item text which I linked before).
Since I am using a lot of +increased physical damage the effect of +increased elemental damage would be way better for me, right? Even if I do not have a lot of elemental penetration. If I am using 2 Nebuloch on 2*35% added elemental damage + Hatred of Level 20 = 30% added frost damage I would be dealing 100% elemental damage on top of my physical damage.
"
@ekaye:

Great, thank you so much! Still I am not sure if it was clear what I tried to ask.

I am not converting physical to elemental by Nebuloch but adding elemental damage on top based on the physical damage I am causing (see Nebuloch item text which I linked before).
Since I am using a lot of +increased physical damage the effect of +increased elemental damage would be way better for me, right? Even if I do not have a lot of elemental penetration. If I am using 2 Nebuloch on 2*35% added elemental damage + Hatred of Level 20 = 30% added frost damage I would be dealing 100% elemental damage on top of my physical damage.
"X damage gained as Y" is a form of damage conversion, except it doesn't remove damage X as "X damage converted to Y" would. Other than that, it works the same as damage conversion. As to the modifiers, increased Physical damage actually has a greater effect than increased Elemental damage, since it scales both the original Physical damage and the Physical-to-Elemental damage; increased Elemental damage only scales the latter. If you converted all your Physical damage to Elemental, both modifiers would be equally effective.
"
SDGPainTrain wrote:
Greetings. I have a question regarding Bottled Faith.
When I use the Flask and create consecrated Ground below an enemy and then die.
1. Will I still be given the additional chance to critically strike?
2. Will the enemy still take 10% increased damage?
I believe flask effects are removed when you die. Because the consecrated ground was still created during the effect, the enemies will still take increased damage, but you will not benefit from the mod regarding crit chance.
Will we ever get a conferm on the champion master metal and impale vs totems if works or not.

And how it work,

Maby just clarify what work and what dont, so we have a chamge to build arround it or not.

Thx
"
Syhler187 wrote:
Will we ever get a conferm on the champion master metal and impale vs totems if works or not.

And how it work,

Maby just clarify what work and what dont, so we have a chamge to build arround it or not.

Thx
The general convention is that offensive modifiers (anything that would modify your damage) apply to your traps, mines and totems, but conditions only check things you've done yourself. That would suggest:

* Impales you inflict last 2 additional Hits
* 20% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks

These modifiers will apply to your totems.

* You and nearby Allies deal 6 to 12 added Physical Damage for each Impale on Enemy

This will apply to your totems, and will apply to your allies if your allies are nearby (it doesn't matter whether your totems are nearby, because it's the modifier on you that grants them the bonus damage).

* If you've Impaled an Enemy Recently, you and nearby Allies have +1000 to Armour

This only applies if you've applied an impale yourself, not through your totems. If you do impale, your nearby totems will get the armour as well as you. Note that if you take Ancestral Bond, you can't deal damage yourself and thus (most likely) can't impale by yourself.
Please excuse me for not being smooth by asking questions with the translator.
Options in Elemental Army Support include:
I want to know if this option reduces the enemy's elemental resistance or my Minion's resistance.
"Minions from Supported Skills Exposure on Hit, applying -10% to the Elemental Resistance meeting high-most Damage type taken by Enemy"
"
ekaye wrote:
"
@ekaye:

"X damage gained as Y" is a form of damage conversion, except it doesn't remove damage X as "X damage converted to Y" would. Other than that, it works the same as damage conversion. As to the modifiers, increased Physical damage actually has a greater effect than increased Elemental damage, since it scales both the original Physical damage and the Physical-to-Elemental damage; increased Elemental damage only scales the latter. If you converted all your Physical damage to Elemental, both modifiers would be equally effective.

OK thank you for clarifying again. I think I got it pretty much.
I had an error in my calculation inside my head, you're totally right! Melee Physical is better in my case than elemental damage.

Still I am unsure of the value of elemental penetration in my case. Enemies got armor, so my physical damage gets reduce by a number and from the reduced number of physical damage the elemental damage is calculated and reduced by resistances again, right?
"
청난슬 wrote:
Please excuse me for not being smooth by asking questions with the translator.
Options in Elemental Army Support include:
I want to know if this option reduces the enemy's elemental resistance or my Minion's resistance.
"Minions from Supported Skills Exposure on Hit, applying -10% to the Elemental Resistance meeting high-most Damage type taken by Enemy"
It reduces enemy resistance. Reducing the minions' resistance would not be useful.
"
I had an error in my calculation inside my head, you're totally right! Melee Physical is better in my case than elemental damage.

Still I am unsure of the value of elemental penetration in my case. Enemies got armor, so my physical damage gets reduce by a number and from the reduced number of physical damage the elemental damage is calculated and reduced by resistances again, right?
No, converted damage is taken as its final damage type. Physical damage converted to fire is affected by fire resistance, but not physical damage reduction.

If you have the option, I recommend converting your physical damage to fire in addition to the damage you gained as fire. This lets you scale all your damage with effects such as Flammability and Covered in Ash, and lets you safely run physical reflect maps.
"
ekaye wrote:
"

No, converted damage is taken as its final damage type. Physical damage converted to fire is affected by fire resistance, but not physical damage reduction.

If you have the option, I recommend converting your physical damage to fire in addition to the damage you gained as fire. This lets you scale all your damage with effects such as Flammability and Covered in Ash, and lets you safely run physical reflect maps.

I mean since I am adding elemental damage based on my physical damage it takes the resulting damage after reduction of armor and converts this number to fire. I played a build converting all damage to fire before and wanted to take advantage of Nebuloch's "added physical to fire" this time. So if I convert 100% to fire, this bonus is lost along with all the other +% increased melee physical talents.

But of course you're right with "reflected physical" maps. This is mainly the reason why I consider going slayer, which has an ascendancy to not be affected of this. But I like easy playstyles (shame on me) and getting endurance charges on stun immune enemies is still a hell often because of "unwavering" enemies... Plus I do not know how good my stunning will be with 2 Nebulochs.

Talking about Magmatic Strikes: Using Ground Slam with Nebulochs won't help here, right? Ground slam does no fire damage itself but gets it from Nebuloch wich means "increased fire damage with attack skills" does nothing, right?
Last edited by rolfdafiftynine on Dec 8, 2019, 8:01:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info