Mechanical Questions Thread

If a trap or mine causes damage over time, will that count as damage over time that you have caused, specifically for the purpose of the 'Patient Reaper' Trickster Ascendancy ability?

I'm only curious because I know traps and mines are considered entities separate from yourself when dealing with reflected damage.

Edit: To make this more specific, I was interested in using Trickster for Vortex supported by the Trap Support. I'm thinking that ignite and poison might work differently than a skill with built in damage over time.
Last edited by Shadowstorm on Dec 1, 2019, 2:51:09 AM
Hi,

I built a RF jugg build recently and I was looking for new ways to trigger arakaali panth (50% life ES recovery)

I experimented a lot and I found out that while RF is active, any change to its damage will trigger the increased recovery.

I looked for this mechanic on the forums and I couldn't find anything.

Sulphur flasks, swapping gears that affect RF damage, even allocating or unallocating a passive node which affects RF damage will trigger the recovery.

Also, this doesn't work with blood rage

So now i use jugg ascendancies (end chge generation and dmg per end chge) and a CWDT+discharge setup and the panth is always active in combat automatically.

Is it intended?

I think it's RF resetting both burning buffs when the dmg is recalculated, so you have a frame when RF stopped burning you.

What is happening really? I spent the weekend on this...

"
Shadowstorm wrote:
If a trap or mine causes damage over time, will that count as damage over time that you have caused, specifically for the purpose of the 'Patient Reaper' Trickster Ascendancy ability?

I'm only curious because I know traps and mines are considered entities separate from yourself when dealing with reflected damage.

Edit: To make this more specific, I was interested in using Trickster for Vortex supported by the Trap Support. I'm thinking that ignite and poison might work differently than a skill with built in damage over time.
Mines and traps use your skills, but they do not deal your damage, so they will not trigger Patient reaper. You can try to find a way to spread DoTs yourself that do not deal significant damage just to be able to benefit from that node however, which will work, even if the main damage comes from traps or mines (possibly with igniting Storm Brand for example).
Hi
What i will recieve if in 3.9 use harbinger orb on t15 map? As i understand it will not guardian map. Will it same map +1 tier?
Hi, I am pretty sure you guys just forgot about my question that i ask on 10/6/2019 so i will ask again.
What happen to new accuracy tier you guys post in patch notes. I think i saw it said you can divine the old tier into the new tier but now it just keep it tier for no reason? Any stealth change that is important but not told to the players? Many of my friends already trying to ask this but no answer at all. Please clarify this

Secondly, the enchantment that get changed like blast rain additional explosion to additional arrow, what happen to the current exist enchanted items? Do they get change? or do they become useless?
Question about Tenacity:
It says "increases and reductions to maximum life apply to attack damage (at 30%)" which, looking at the passive tree is obviously meant to do the following:
10% increased maximum life also gives 3% increased attack damage

But there is also the very rare direct modifier to maximum life in the passives;
+10 to maximum life - does this also translate to +3 to attack damage accordingly?

And additionally; does this rule apply to stat from gear, or only to passives?
Last edited by Khaos_Cualdawath on Dec 4, 2019, 10:53:37 PM
"
Question about Tenacity:
It says "increases and reductions to maximum life apply to attack damage (at 30%)" which, looking at the passive tree is obviously meant to do the following:
10% increased maximum life also gives 3% increased attack damage

But there is also the very rare direct modifier to maximum life in the passives;
+10 to maximum life - does this also translate to +3 to attack damage accordingly?

And additionally; does this rule apply to stat from gear, or only to passives?
Transfiguration of Body only applies to increases and reductions, that is "#% increased maximum Life" or "#% reduced maximum Life". Although added maximum Life increases it in the colloquial sense, Transfigurations only apply to literal increased and reduced maximum Life/Mana/ES. It should apply to those from any source, including gear or passives.
Greetings. I have a question regarding Bottled Faith.
When I use the Flask and create consecrated Ground below an enemy and then die.
1. Will I still be given the additional chance to critically strike?
2. Will the enemy still take 10% increased damage?
Are you considered as "on low life" while dead? In my specific case I am thinking about Cast on death with Pain Attunement.
Hey guys,

after quite a break from PoE I want to return for next league in 8 days so I am already planning my build :)

I want to play a tanky marauder jugg with Dual Nebuloch - Ground Slam, so heavy physical damage.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nebuloch

So my questions are:
1. With Nebuloch heaving 30-40% of physical atttack damage gained as extra fire damage: Does Dual Wielding 2 Nebulochs mean i get 60-80% extra damage as fire?
2. Running hatred aura means i get nearly 30% damage as cold damage means I would have crazy elemental damage on this build although I am just stacking melee physical damage. This makes Talents like "Divine Fervour" (Elemental Damage and Elemental Penetration) really powerful for me, right? Or do those talents work only for "direct" elemental damage caused by skills?
3. Not sure I understand blight mechanics... Can I just allocate "forces of nature"-node on any amulet unique or rare for paying the oils-cost?
Last edited by rolfdafiftynine on Dec 5, 2019, 2:46:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info