Mechanical Questions Thread

1) If I have double snakepit to force myself to be unable to chain (but still get +1 chain), will that still allow Deadeye's Ricochet node to give me a huge pile of more% dmg? Being unable to chain I'm unsure if that means it wipes the inherited chains, or just never chains but has (eg.) 6 "in reserve", so I'll always hit with 60% more active?

I can confirm Ricochet "reserve" chain bonus works for winter orb. I'm curious as to whether it would work for Cremation as well. Neither skill deals damage with the projectile portion of the skill and is instead ground-targeted aoe.

2) Cremation's wiki page has no mention of duration affecting the skill's dps. Is this because it's a fixed frequency, so adding duration simply means more QoL via less recasts (more dmg per cast but same dps)? Or would it lower dps by stretching "42 balls in 8s" to "42 balls in 12s"?
Last edited by hqDM on Apr 8, 2019, 4:53:07 PM
Hi, i have a question regarding mjolner.

Used to run 2 mjolners with dual strike, but after synth, they just won't trigger anymore, or will trigger inconsistently, like, one multistrike swings, 6 hits, only 0-2 spells triggered.

is it supposed to be like that? my dps dropped like 80% because my spells just won't trigger after synth, been waiting for a fix, but i don't even see my problem listed on the "known issues", i've already posted this on bug report as well, but idk, it might supposed to be like that and it's time for me to change build.
"
constellight wrote:
Ryslatha's Coil for bleeding damage?

I'm doing build focused on bleeding damage.

I'm wondering about Unique Belt Ryslatha's Coil's more/less physical attack damage
affect to bleeding damage, because mod doesn't come with 'damage with ailments'.

Is ANYBODY here run some kind of test with it?

Ryslatha's Coil seems to affect flat physical attack damage, so it should affect bleed damage
"
hqDM wrote:
1) If I have double snakepit to force myself to be unable to chain (but still get +1 chain), will that still allow Deadeye's Ricochet node to give me a huge pile of more% dmg? Being unable to chain I'm unsure if that means it wipes the inherited chains, or just never chains but has (eg.) 6 "in reserve", so I'll always hit with 60% more active?

1) "Never chains" means "all possible chains are always is reserve". So you will get your more damage. Proof here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/80qjrb/new_dead_eye_ricochet_mechanic_are_we_sure_we/duxmbkp/
Hi!
I Would like to ask you about quantity bonus from having multiple players in one map.
Let's say that we are playing "Lair" map and my friends enter the map and stay at the beginning while I clear the map.
Would quantity bonus work for me if they stay on map entry? Or this quantity bonus is limited by range (all players should be close to eachother??)
I have a question regarding:

Is the "Trigger a Socketed Spell on Melee Critical Strike" local to the Cospri only or does it apply to critical strikes with a weapon in the other hand?

Thanks!
i started playing again after stopping a few leagues ago. atlas has been reset so i started ticking off maps again.

i played an old map, T9 arena, and on boss kill i suddenly got around 70 new maps ticked as completed. Is this meant to happen? why?

Thanks in advance ^_^
Does GGG set iiq of players to zero in some cases? My iiq is not showing any more loot after several hundred maps. I don't know why or how it could be this way (it still shows on stats) unless it was changed internally. Game ruined for me as build is built around mf and its my favorite style of play... if its ever fixed I may play again.
"
i started playing again after stopping a few leagues ago. atlas has been reset so i started ticking off maps again.

i played an old map, T9 arena, and on boss kill i suddenly got around 70 new maps ticked as completed. Is this meant to happen? why?

Thanks in advance ^_^

It is normal though super confusing
They are changing the Atlas and map every league, when you complete an old version of a map it unlocks current version of lower tier maps
Why is the implicit on staves so verbose? "While wielding a Staff" seems redundant since the implicit only appears on staves. No other implicit is qualified like this, including the block chance on Maraketh daggers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info