Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello,

I know that map drops are in a pretty wierd spot right now due to balancing them across all game content. However the experience I am having this last day is quite unusual and I believe there is a bug with it.

Last night I got bored with my t16 so I decided to swap it out. I went from port to arcade. All good so far.

I decided to leave my port maps as it was getting too boring and went to build up my new t16 map pool by running other maps. I ran 22 Lava lake maps and they barely dropped any t16 maps (like 4-5 and all of them were the adjestant guardian - I removed all my guardians). Within those 22 maps I manged to get a zana in one and did choose a random t16 map. In that map I got 2 drops of my so wanted t16 Elder Arcade map. How come I get 2 drops from 1 map and 0 from 22?

Anyway I decided to go on and did than 16 Dark forest maps (again, regular t15). Same result - only few adjestand guardian map drops and 0 elder arcades. I did again get 1 zana and chose a t16 map she was offering and again I DID get 1 Elder Arcade.
Test 2 - same results. 0 elder arcades from 16 maps and 1 from a single zana t16 map....

I got really mad about it. I uncompleted all my t15 maps as well except my shaped ones. I ran a few shaped t15s this time and got couple of elder arcades.

Now what put the nail in the coffin for me and the main reason I decided to actually send a ticket:

I just corrupted some racecourse maps to get sac fragments hopefully (normal t14 map). I got Zana and she offered me to do shaped moon temple (t15). Now I DO NOT have any unshaped t15 or t16 guardian maps. And what did I get? Minotaur map!

This just doesn't make sense to me right now. I've never had such experience with the game. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining that I am not getting enough t16s, no. I actually enjoy going back and forth between different map tiers and layouts. I just don't want to get guardian maps over elder t16 and this is exactly what is happening to me right now. It almost feels like the game is forcing me into doing what I specifically have made a set up not to do.
Hello,

why base crit multiplier 150% works for ailments? It counts separately from non-crit hits

what does it turn out? I need to max my crit chance to get 50% more ailment damage? (without Perfect Agony)? It will be even stronger than Elemental Overload for Ignites
Hello,

I have a question about interraction between Mon'Tregul's Grasp and Flesh Binder.

I have 2 weapons set :
- the first can be anything
- the second is two Mon'Tregul's Grasp

If I invoke all my zombies, and then, switch to my 2 Mon'Tregul's Grasp, 3 things will append :
- Mon'Tregul's will insanely increased my zombies' life total
- Mon'Tregul's will reduce my max zombie number to 0
- My zombies will died and spread caustic ground

The question is : What append first ? Zombies' life increase or Zombies' death ?
I hope zombies' life will be incrased first. It will be a fun burst, spreading many very powerful caustic grounds but at the cost of safety if ennemies survive.
Hello. I have one very painful question. I play along the path of exile for more than 1 thousand hours, I studied a lot, but I still cannot understand whether the stones "Item rarity" and "Item quantity" are on herald's stones and is it beneficial to associate them with them? What is the mechanics of their bundles? I have a shot of a tornado and I understand that a modifier of these stones acts in conjunction with it during a murder, but what about the herald's?
"
braveheart_x wrote:
Hello. I have one very painful question. I play along the path of exile for more than 1 thousand hours, I studied a lot, but I still cannot understand whether the stones "Item rarity" and "Item quantity" are on herald's stones and is it beneficial to associate them with them? What is the mechanics of their bundles? I have a shot of a tornado and I understand that a modifier of these stones acts in conjunction with it during a murder, but what about the herald's?

basically if you link item/rarity/quantity on a herald that would apply only to the effect of the herald that actually kills mobs, ie the lightning bolt for herald of thunder, overkill burn for herald of ash, shattered ice explsoion for herald of ice... If you are using tornado shot I assume you kill most mobs by it and the deaths by herald effect should be neglectible unless you made some special set up to strenghten them?
Last edited by rugalb666 on May 9, 2019, 10:03:32 AM
"
rugalb666 wrote:
"
braveheart_x wrote:

basically if you link item/rarity/quantity on a herald that would apply only to the effect of the herald that actually kills mobs, ie the lightning bolt for herald of thunder, overkill burn for herald of ash, shattered ice explsoion for herald of ice... If you are using tornado shot I assume you kill most mobs by it and the deaths by herald effect should be neglectible unless you made some special set up to strenghten them?

I use a herald of ice and in the case of killing a mob, the effect of death looks like a frozen mob splits. In this case, the murder remains behind the tornado shot or behind a herald of ice? And as I understand it, the killing of herald of ice is counted when the frozen mob explodes, killing someone else, I understand? And in this case, much more profitable to insert a Item rarity\quantity? With an ice herald or with tornado shot?
Last edited by braveheart_x on May 9, 2019, 11:00:17 AM
"
braveheart_x wrote:
"
rugalb666 wrote:
"
braveheart_x wrote:

I use a herald of ice and in the case of killing a mob, the effect of death looks like a frozen mob splits. In this case, the murder remains behind the tornado shot or behind a herald of ice? And as I understand it, the killing of herald of ice is counted when the frozen mob explodes, killing someone else, I understand? And in this case, much more profitable to insert a Item rarity\quantity? With an ice herald or with tornado shot?

yes it is correct, only kills caused by the explosion are counted as herald kills, in my opinion it will more profitable to use rarity/quanatity support with tornado shot, herald of ice kills are really indirect and less likely to happen
Last edited by rugalb666 on May 10, 2019, 2:42:01 AM
Hey i farmed over 380 shaper sets now and still havent got the hideout thats why i woul like to ask if its possible that the celestial hideout could be bugged?
Hello, I cannot tell if this interaction is supposed to work like this or not, but as I can tell, I do not see a reason why it shouldn't work. Active skills receive tags based on the support gems linked to them. For example, Null's Inclination was recently fixed so that it can trigger any spell that is linked to the Summon Phantasm on Kill Support gem. This is because regardless of the actual active skill's tags itself, Summon Phantasm on Kill provides a Minion tag for it. Similarly, the Arcane Surge Support gem has been used to add the Duration tag on to skills. This is why I was confused to find that when I supported a skill with the Combustion, Immolate, or Fire Penetration that Hrimnor's Resolve did not grant me immunity to chill and freeze for 4 seconds after using it (yes the skill does hit). This, however, should in theory work as these support gems would provide the Fire tag. I'm hoping this interaction can get fixed by 3.7 at least.
Last edited by FangedLion on May 11, 2019, 7:33:43 PM
Hi i would like to know if that 2 bosses in delve almost next to each other is my bad luck or just bad design. Delve depth 1897 synthesis league.
[/url]https://imgur.com/YnZyraP[/url]
Last edited by koliosor on May 12, 2019, 7:16:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info