Mechanical Questions Thread

"
therandom007 wrote:
My question pertains to Winter Orb, the spell you channel, and "+X-+X Elemental damage to attack" modifiers from gear. Is Winter Orb considered an "attack" where I will leech life from it, or is it considered something else?

Winter orb is spell, not attack. None of attack modifiers work with winter orb.
A couple questions about the "suppressing fire" debuff used by Plumed Chimerals and their chrome variants, when used by Spectres:

* How much ranged attack and spell speed reduction does it apply?
* Does it work to full effectiveness against bosses, including Shaper/Elder and their guardians?
Hi all,

Why the nodes on tree that increase Damage Over Time, doesn't increase the damage of Scourge Arrow skill, even the skill having the Chaos tag?
Hey, so I was wondering a few things about the reworked Spreading Rot jewels.

1) What happens when you equip two? The wording in the patch notes was kinda ambiguous, do you apply two stacks of wither per blight cast or do the wither stacks last twice as long (4 seconds instead of 2)?

2) Does the wither applied by these scale with skill duration modifiers? I know the wither from Withering Touch support on attacks scales up with skill duration so i suspect spreading rot's wither scales on it as well, but I'm not sure because it doesn't say anything about it in the tooltip and it's hard to test the timing out myself based on visuals (blight's visual makes it too hard to tell if wither is present).
Last edited by Shppy on Mar 31, 2019, 4:05:26 AM
Hi,

Can someone tell me if bane damage is scaled by curse effect? Path of building seems to think so, the ingame tooltip doesnt go up, which one is correct?
"
netmos wrote:
Hi,

Can someone tell me if bane damage is scaled by curse effect? Path of building seems to think so, the ingame tooltip doesnt go up, which one is correct?
If one of the curses is Despair (likely), then increasing curse effect will increase the effect of Despair, and thus reduced Chaos Resistance and increased Damage over Time Taken. The tooltip has no knowledge of any effects on monsters, so it can't take these modifiers into account.
"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Hi all,

Why the nodes on tree that increase Damage Over Time, doesn't increase the damage of Scourge Arrow skill, even the skill having the Chaos tag?
Scourge Arrow doesn't deal Damage over Time unless a support or modifier causes it to inflict an ailment or Decay. Chaos Damage is not the same thing as Damage over Time.
Last edited by ekaye on Apr 1, 2019, 4:14:18 PM
My question regards quality and the chance to 6-link an item.

If I craft additional quality onto an item (e.g. +strength and quality from Jun) for a total of 35%+ quality, does this increase the chance to 6l the item?

If yes, I could temporarily increase the quality, 6l it, and craft my normal mod on it again, correct?
hey there =)

my Question is About crit Channeling. how does it work? is there a crit Chance every tick (incinerate) or just crit or no crit at the start of the Channeling?
Ryslatha's Coil for bleeding damage?

I'm doing build focused on bleeding damage.

I'm wondering about Unique Belt Ryslatha's Coil's more/less physical attack damage
affect to bleeding damage, because mod doesn't come with 'damage with ailments'.

Is ANYBODY here run some kind of test with it?
When Synthesizing an item, does the Synthesizer choose from all possible explicits or does it group those of the same type i.e. if you had + Dexterity on all 3 fractured items would that count as 1 possibility or 3 in the RNG?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info