Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi. I have a few questions about Blade Vortex damage modifiers.

Crimson and Viridian Jewels have affixes of this form:
"+% to critical strike multiplier while dual wielding"
"+% to critical strike multiplier with one handed melee weapons"
"% increased physical damage with daggers"

If I dual wield daggers on my BV build, will these modifiers work for me? I'm generally familiar with the attacks vs. spells distinctions and understand that BV is a spell with its own physical damage and crit chance and doesn't actually use the daggers, but this text leaves room for ambiguity.

[Edit]
Tried to dig a bit more. On the wiki all of the above affixes have the "attack" tag, so I think the answer is no on all. However, as a follow up, I found the jewel suffix "of menace" = "+% increased global critical strike chance" is also tagged with "attack" on the wiki. Does that affix not apply to spells then? That would seem very counter-intuitive given that increased global critical strike chance is not tagged with attack on other gear.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Feb 14, 2019, 1:13:59 PM
Hi all

If i use dual Cospri's Malice with same spells socketed, when i crit, will cast the 2 spells at the same time?

Example, 2 ice nova on 2 Cospri's Malice, will cast 2 ice novas per crit at the same time?
Good day.
I am interested in this question:
1) Wizarding Totem + 2) Wither (supported skill). 3) Enchantment with the support of + 4) Infection, that is, in this case, with the support of the enchantment does not work. And if without it, only 1) Wilt + 2) Enchantment with the support of + 3) Infection, then everything works this way.
I have a step - this is what my main punch / enchantment uses (in the indicated case). "We just can not work")))

Thank you in advance)
And good mood))
Do Warcry Buff Effect modifiers/passives affect the damage and/or slow provided by Abyssal Cry?

I'm wondering if the damage is considered part of the debuff (mostly since the enemy dies to trigger it), and whether debuffs are considered buffs...

Also, a more complicated one. I was wondering about when certain skills consume or gain charges.

First, a few things I found out--
1: Spending mana to gain charges (elder wands, corrupted rapiers, occultist) happens before Discharge takes your charges, but (as I should have expected) does not let you cast Discharge in the first place if you have no charges (and would gain a charge by spending its mana).
2: Triggering a (faster-cast) Immortal Call by casting Discharge seems to only let Discharge use your endurance charges (even though the IC animation plays all the way through before Discharge's explosion) (I'm using a veiled weapon mod to trigger IC)

So my second question is, how (or when?) do Discharge/Immortal Call generally decide what charges you had before/after being cast or "going off"? Is it different for gaining vs. losing charges?

(please tell me #1 is supposed to happen later so my crazy build idea works x.x)
I have a question regarding wording on additional critical strike chance in the game.

Both assassin's mark and aul's uprising have consistent wording:
"Enemies have an additional ()% chance to receive a Critical Strike"

This is added to the end of the critical strike calculation, and ignores the 95% cap. Because it is added at the end of the calculation is not scaled by increased or more critical strike chance modifiers.

However, wording on brittle is different:
"Hits have up to +20% Critical Strike Chance against Brittle Enemies, based on the Cold Damage of the Hit which inflicted Brittle, for 2 seconds"

Mark's comment on brittle confused me:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:
So is Brittle base crit chance?
No, it's additional crit chance. Base crit chance can only come from weapons or gems.

But since there are no mechanics in the game that affect base or additional crit differently, the question is entirely irrelevant to actual mechanics.

I took this to mean that brittle's different wording implied that the hits got additional critical strike chance, which would be scaled by increased critical strike chance. However after extensive testing, it seems very likely that in fact Brittle works identically to assassin's mark and aul's uprising: it is not scaled by increased critical strike chance and ignores the 95% critical strike chance cap.

I am also interested to see how this observation will relate to the newly announced unique, Bottled Faith, with the affix "+2% to Critical Strike Chance against Enemies on Consecrated Ground during Effect."
About the new fractured items and the mod.
Does the fixed mod remain when you scour the item to normal? Or does it remain rare/magic to fit the rule of rarity?
If we can scour it to normal and the mod stays, does it still stay when we somehow successfully chance it to a unique?

Edit:
I found the answer and it is because he had no phys damage reduction. If you do then VMS triggers. However for some reason hiltless's reflected damage did NOT trigger VMS unless the damage was blocked (likely due to physical reflection being based off of the enemies resistances, will test with master of force node when I get home to see if that allows all hits to activate VMS). Will also attempt to add scold's bridal to see whether that activates separately from gluttony.

"

I was thinking about making a build centered around using gluttony with scolds to activate vaal molten shell, but I read on an old forum post that was created in April of 2018 that the interaction didn't work. I wanted to know if this was intentional and if not if it has been fixed since then (or otherwise that the previous user was incorrect, and simply didn't realize the belt removed his armour).

Also if it is fixed/wasn't an issue do they activate vaal molten shell separately or do they both combine into a single damage instance. If this hasn't been fixed due to other mechanical reasons I'd also like to know why if possible.

Thanks
RectalExplosion

Old post
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2128150/page/1#p15453745
Last edited by RectalExplosion on Feb 27, 2019, 11:17:07 AM
good evening
i'm quite new to the game and don't know much about it.
i'm turning to to community with the following question:

is it possible to link herald of ice and poison support?
i'm talking about the chance to trigger 60% poison on hit, because the herald adds damage to every winter orb and ice spear hit, as far as i understand.
so the question is in the end, does the link between herald of ice and poison lead to 60% of all hit monsters to be poisoned.

i would be happy, if somebody could tell me their opinion on this matter.

thank you very much for your help and have a nice evening
Hey there! Welcome to Path of Exile. :)

This won't work the way you want it to. Herald of Ice makes other hits deal additional damage; for this to function the way you would like, HoI would need to create a seperate hit.

This link set-up would result in the explosions caused by Herald of Ice having a chance to inflict Poison to enemies hit (but not killed) by them. I'd personally lean towards thinking this isn't really worth it, but I say that with no real knowledge of your build.

The reasons I dislike it are, first, I'm not sure how much you're scaling Poison Damage - if at all - and, secondly, enemies have a chance to be Frozen when killed, at which point other enemies have a chance to be within range of the explosion(s), at which point they have a chance to be inflicted with Poison. It doesn't feel like a reliable addition to your build - and if you're not scaling Poison much / at all, then even when everything connects it won't contribute a lot.

So yeah. Would've been cool if Herald of Ice's other effect worked with the support, but as-is I really don't think it's worth the investment. Definitely like the idea behind it, though!

“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
Hey there! Welcome to Path of Exile. :)

This won't work the way you want it to. Herald of Ice makes other hits deal additional damage; for this to function the way you would like, HoI would need to create a seperate hit.

This link set-up would result in the explosions caused by Herald of Ice having a chance to inflict Poison to enemies hit (but not killed) by them. I'd personally lean towards thinking this isn't really worth it, but I say that with no real knowledge of your build.

The reasons I dislike it are, first, I'm not sure how much you're scaling Poison Damage - if at all - and, secondly, enemies have a chance to be Frozen when killed, at which point other enemies have a chance to be within range of the explosion(s), at which point they have a chance to be inflicted with Poison. It doesn't feel like a reliable addition to your build - and if you're not scaling Poison much / at all, then even when everything connects it won't contribute a lot.

So yeah. Would've been cool if Herald of Ice's other effect worked with the support, but as-is I really don't think it's worth the investment. Definitely like the idea behind it, though!

thank you for your help, i have to find an other way then:)
have a nice evening

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info