Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello,
So about new skill Bane, if it linked with 5 curses in Doedre's Skin will Bane apply all the curses ignoring curse limits?
Thank you.
nvm
Last edited by Zphyr on Feb 26, 2019, 7:09:07 PM
"
Morari1 wrote:
Hello,
So about new skill Bane, if it linked with 5 curses in Doedre's Skin will Bane apply all the curses ignoring curse limits?
Thank you.

Actually, it won't trigger at all.

"
Bane can't trigger them because in that case they have two triggers - Bane, like Curse on Hit, is a trigger for curses, and Doedre's Skin applies it's own trigger to all socketed curses. Skills with multiple triggers are always disabled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/auejsp/skill_reveals_soulrend_and_bane/eh8eqqf
Will items with fractured mods be able to drop at all in a Synthesis private league with the no magic/rare items drop mod? It has been confirmed that items with the mods may never be normal, so I was wondering if there is an exception here before I spend money creating the league.
ign: iron_sheep
Hello! I have a question here.
I had ran lots of maps, but today I ran a map with no reflect mods with spectres dealing elemental damage and after activating some abyss cracks my spectres died instantly - first time it happens with me (over 100 maps with current build for sure). I found out something about Nemesis mods, but I thought it should be activated somehow.
Is there any chance to meet a monster with reflect while running a non-reflect map? Thanks you!
Last edited by tiviar on Feb 27, 2019, 5:46:08 PM
I'm trying to understand on kill when running a Minion build.

I've put together a Herald of Agony Jugg in Standard doing phys/cold/chaos dmg. Taking advantage of Elemental Equilibrium from ZDPS Molten Strike/multi/AC/WildFire with the orbs for fast stacking of virulence and poison.

I'm using:

And it works fine! I gain monster modifiers no problem, even though the wording states 'when YOU kill'

But I'm also using:

and it NEVER gathers any Spirit Charges, most likely because my minion gets the kill shot, even though the wording states "ON kill".

In my mind if HH's "when YOU kill" works, then LP's "ON kill" should do as well, as it inherently encompasses "YOU" and everything else.

The "ON kill" on Abyss Jewels doesn't seem to work either:

What is going on here?

Is it just that because HH is such an important item it was also allowed to work with minion kills?
Last edited by corosou on Feb 27, 2019, 6:37:27 PM
"
corosou wrote:
Is it just that because HH is such an important item it was also allowed to work with minion kills?

Yes. Headhunter is the only item in the game that functions this way. I don't remember what the reasoning was exactly beyond "it's supposed to be a reward, so we're just going to make it work with everything."
About Summon Phantasm on Kill.

First off, I'm talking about the Summon Phantasm on Kill support gem, not about the skill granted by the Soulwrest unique item.

Do the summoned phantasms benefit from Spell Echo? A cursory reading would suggest no, triggered skills don't benefit from Spell Echo. However, the support isn't the gem that's summoning them, the skill that does the kill summons them, which isn't a triggered skill. All other triggers like cast on crit are clearly labeled as trigger gems, Summon Phantasm on Kill isn't. Also the summoned phantasms are listed under the active skill, not separate like with triggers.

Second, does the level of the Summon Phantasm on Kill support gem dictate the level of the summoned phantasms, or does the level of the skill that summons them do that? I know the level of the support scales the amount of phantasms that can be active, but am not sure about the minionlevel. Basically the same reasoning as above.

Path of building says that Spell Echo Support works and that Empower Support boosts the dps but not the amount of minions. Not sure if it's correctly implemented in PoB, but these results would be in line with my theory above.
Life is soup, I am fork.
"
Cynooo wrote:
About Summon Phantasm on Kill.

First off, I'm talking about the Summon Phantasm on Kill support gem, not about the skill granted by the Soulwrest unique item.

Do the summoned phantasms benefit from Spell Echo?

Yes. If you're not triggering (ie: using Soulwrest) your Phantasms then Spell Echo works perfectly fine.

The incompatibility is between Spell Echo and Triggers (again: Soulwrest), not Spell Echo and Phantasms.
Time to post about Summon Phantasm on Kill again. I've been reading up and checking damage formulas in Path of Building, and Openarl says he got phantasms to work properly, so here's some odd things from what I learned there that I'd like to run by anyone here.

- The Phantasms summoned have a level based on the skill that got the kill. This means that corrupting to lvl21 active gems or adding Empower boosts their dps.

- When supporting Raise Spectre the phantasms gain the spectre's level, which is significantly higher than any other minion.

- Summoned Phantasms gain a bonus/penalty from the active gem it is linked to. This means stuff like: minions gain more/less dmg/movement/life/ES from the Raise Spectre gem.

What's your take? Any truth to this? Official answer would be nice, but you know, minions...
Life is soup, I am fork.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info