Mechanical Questions Thread

Do explosion effects still trigger if I shatter an enemy? (Profane Bloom, Inpulsa, Obliteration etc)
I know this is kind of a niche mechanics question, but when a projectile chains, does it reset the maximum projectile travel distance? What about fork?

My dilemma is that, with a very well geared tornado shot character with +1 chain from deadeye, and fork from Quills, you easily clear the entire screen and the some, and my supposition is that the only reason I don't clear further is the maximum travel distance. I'm considering running chain in my links, but this would be a useless support gem, unless it resets the maximum travel distance. If this is the case, chain would very much increase clear speed.
Hello, Mark!

I was reading the patch notes for Synthesis and came across this change for Spark:

"
Now clears its hit list every 0.66 seconds (from 1 second). This means the same projectile can hit the same monster more frequently.

The way this is worded makes me think that there is only a single timer running for each cast of Spark, rather than one timer for each enemy hit for each Spark. Is this correct?

That would mean that you would only have to hit your target with one projectile during (presumably) time 0 - 0.66, one more time during time 0.66 - 1.32, and so on. That would mean that it is not critical to hit your opponent in as few frames as possible every time the counter resets (as you would want to do if it had a timer for each enemy), and matters quite a bit when determining the effective DPS of the skill.
Can someone explain the interaction between Herald of Agony and Yoke of Suffering?

If my Crawler Minion does cold dmg. does the chill it applies count for the Yoke of Suffering Ailment dmg bonus? or does it not count? since, technically I was not the source of the chill

Last edited by corosou on Mar 6, 2019, 11:08:35 PM
Hey Mark,

I was wondering if we could get some clarity on the Soulrend debuff. I was wondering if the debuff stacked with multiple instances of the spell near a target, or if the DoT functioned like CA where having multiple stacks only dealt one instance of damage.
"
EmmaWatson59 wrote:
Hey Mark,

I was wondering if we could get some clarity on the Soulrend debuff. I was wondering if the debuff stacked with multiple instances of the spell near a target, or if the DoT functioned like CA where having multiple stacks only dealt one instance of damage.

Rory answered this on reddit. It does not stack, regardless of what you do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ay6btq/mark_15_posts_about_leech_rory_hold_my_beer/ehz4mwr/?context=3
I just have a question on patch note wording

"You can no longer craft multiple mods which affect an item's quality on the same item. Each will preclude the others."

Is this going to retroactively apply to weapons that were crafted during the league already or is it a "From this point further" I'm just bracing myself for a couple swords I sunk quite a few ex into during the league,
Hi, I have a question about the dmg from energy leach support gem.

Lets say I have a character with 8k Life and 200 ES, if I use this gem I will almost always leech ES, without being ES based character, is this right?

I usually make a character that uses spells and RF (not vaal, just RF) at the same time, this will make the little ES I have degen always, so if I deal dmg I will always leach ES, is this right?
will vaal pact and life leech sources still work with ghost reaver in 3.6?
Hey. First off, thanks for answering my mechanical question PMs in the past Mark and for you and those who keep these thread going.

So Orb of Storms is getting a sizeable buff and I've been playing around with it and very interested in running a build with it. My question revolves around its interaction with lightning channeling spells.

Although there was a recent change that allowed OoS to proc its additional beams from channeling skills, if you keep channeling it will only proc these beams at a fixed time interval rather than based on the casts of the channeling skill. This is easily testable with Lightning Tendrils, Storm Call, and OoS in a hideout for example. Tendrils procs the beams at a fixed interval and Storm Call will proc it on every hand cast no matter the speed.

So with the the two new lightning channeling skills and changes to both Lightning Tendrils and Storm Burst I'm wondering if this is indeed intended or slated for change. If I was to suggest a change I would say they should be able to proc the beams every 2-3 casts of a channeling skill or have a ~50% chance to proc to match the amount you'd get from the higher speed lightning skills.

Thanks for your time.
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info