Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Exiledtyrant wrote:
Does charged dash round up when it converts number of attacks into channeled pulses? For example if I have an attack rate of 9.5 will I get 4 pulses a second, or will it round the attack rate to 10 and give me 5 pulses a second?

Every second "attack" will create a pulse. So with 9.5 aps you would attack every 0.105 seconds, therefore you will launch one pulse every 0.210 seconds instead.

I don't know how exactly the rounding works at high decimal places, but it is definitely accurate to at least a hundredth of a second.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 11, 2018, 5:41:50 PM
Hello Everybody!

I'm trying to build a mirror arrow trap toon and I'm having a very difficult time trying to level with it and get my traps to even function, does multiple traps support not work with mirror arrow anymore? I also don't remember having the three second cooldown for this trap either so I'm not sure if that's a bug or the game telling me that this is a bad build idea.

Any input on this matter would be most helpful, I've not seen any info on this forum so far that would help me resolve this matter.

Thanks everybody!
"
Tron0030 wrote:
Hello Everybody!

I'm trying to build a mirror arrow trap toon and I'm having a very difficult time trying to level with it and get my traps to even function, does multiple traps support not work with mirror arrow anymore? I also don't remember having the three second cooldown for this trap either so I'm not sure if that's a bug or the game telling me that this is a bad build idea.

Any input on this matter would be most helpful, I've not seen any info on this forum so far that would help me resolve this matter.

Thanks everybody!

The behavior of multiple traps and skills with cooldowns was changed in 3.3. Previously, every use of a skill used a cooldown. Now, you use one cooldown for every trap you throw. Thus, unless your skill can store up more than cooldown (such as Flame Dash), you will only be able to throw one trap before you have to wait for the cooldown.

Effectively for you this means that you can no longer summon more than one Mirror Arrow clone at a time through multiple traps.
Got some free time so I decided to go back and answer a few questions that I missed. If you asked a question recently and don't see an answer here it's not because I am trying to ignore you - it is because I genuinely do not know myself. Sorry.

"
StargazerGG wrote:
hello does windripper's item quant/rarity effect work if a trap, mine, totem or minion gets the kill?
:)

Yes.

"
Anbokr wrote:
Hey, I'm doing a mjolner build for this season and I have a couple questions on how trigger effects work.

Does mjolner work like poet's pen in the sense that the cooldown is based on the skill gem or is based on the skill name (I'm getting conflicting information). For example, if I dual wield mjolner and use an arc in each mjolner, is the arc in the second mjolner put on cooldown when the arc in the first mjolner goes off?

Another tangentially related question, if I'm using a CoC setup and Mjolner together, with 1 arc in mjolner and 1 arc in the coc setup -- do these arcs have independent cooldowns or do they share a cooldown?

Every active skill has one and only one cooldown timer. If anything activates that cooldown - whether a cooldown inherent to the skill, or a cooldown that is passed down from some trigger, the skill goes on cooldown for the specified period of time. During that time, the skill can not be used or triggered by anything else. (*)

The cooldown is per skill, so all instances of that skill, whether granted by multiple skill gems or items, share the same cooldown timer, and are all unusable while the skill is on cooldown.

(*)
For completeness sake, Vigilant Strike, Flicker Strike, and Cold Snap allow you to bypass the cooldown by expending an appropriate type of charge. This can only be done when you use the skill yourself, not by trigger mechanisms.

"
I_exeqtor_I wrote:
Hi, how to work debuff "Ash"? 20% increased fire damage taken work like 20% increased fire damage from tree? For example: (flat*(increased+ash))*more (25*(80%(inc from tree)+20%(Ash debuff)))*50%(more)= 100 fire dmg, or ((flat*increased)*more)*20%(Ash"enemy increased fire damage taken")?
Sorry for my English.

No. It is a "damage taken" modifier, which is completely independent from all of your "damage dealt" (whether added, increased, or more) modifiers. First, fully calculate the damage you would normally deal. Then, multiply the final amount by any "damage taken" modifiers on the enemy. As usual, "increased/reduced damage taken" modifiers are additive, and "more/less damage taken" modifiers are multiplicative. You can see all the steps on this wiki page.

Usually this means that "20% increased damage taken" on the enemy will simply multiply your final damage amount by 1.20, in essence acting like a "20% more" multiplier that you would have. But the situation gets more tricky when you have more than one such modifier (e.g. Arohongui and Hinekora ascendancy points of the Chieftain).

"
nafnaf1 wrote:
above all, my build is low life guardian RF build.

Q: if i use Redbeak (unique One Hand Swords), my RF damage be influenced?

of this option in Redbeak(100% increased Damage when on Low Life)

Yes, conditional modifiers are always global, and thus affect all damage you do: attacks with this weapon, attacks with another weapon (if dual-wielding), spells, and anything else you do that gets scaled by increased damage. The wiki page confirms this.

"
Since Vaal skills give both the base and the Vaal version of the skill, how do trigger gems interact with them?

See this thread for a complete answer by Qarl from GGG. The tl;dr answer for your question is you will get two skills: a regular skill that is triggered (and can't be self-cast), and a Vaal skill that you can self-cast (and is not triggered).

"
San398 wrote:
I have some questions.
I use fire trap gem and i see on gem description: "114 to 171 added fire damage against burning enemies"

I have one gloves with this : "46 to 75 added fire damage against burning enemies"
With gloves and without gloves the damage is same.

My questions are: these are two values (on fire trap and on gloves) not add up? When working these damages?

Thank You for Your help!

Neither of these values will be displayed in the character screen. The character screen does not know whether the enemy you are hitting is burning or not. But as long as the target is actually burning, both modifiers will properly add to your damage.

You can use a character planner such as Path of Building to accurately calculate your actual damage under various conditions, including status effects on the enemies.

"
offimpulse wrote:
hi, whats the difference between shaped atoll and non shaped for example? only more exp and rares item lvl? or something else too?

Area level:
- This in turn affects the level of the monsters within:
-- This in turn affects the monsters' life, damage, and other stats.
-- Also the item level of items the monsters drop.

Possible mods the map can roll (Atoll uses the yellow map pool, Shaped Atoll uses the red map pool).

Possible tiers of maps that can drop from monsters.

Chance of the map to drop, including areas where it can drop.

What kind of sextant can you put on the map.

A couple of misc things that you likely don't care about (such as what three of the maps vendor for for example).

"
also have a question about windripper - its says quantity from frozen, does it means i exactly must freeze enemy with crit atack? not just chill?

The enemy needs to be frozen. It can either be frozen by a critical hit, or by any hit that has a chance to freeze. Critical strikes have a 100% chance to freeze; but a hit can freeze even if it is not a crit.

Just being Chilled does not count. Freeze and Chill are two different ailments.

"
also - is there any sense to wear new bisco? or shaped amulet with rarity and 7 quantity is better?

Purely in terms of IIQ/R, the Bisco is likely still going to be better. Just 7% quantity from everything is not going to get you more drops than 50% quality from all white monsters. That is, unless you are specifically looking for maps with higher tier, which can only drop from magic/rare/unique monsters.

Of course, the rare amulet will have other mods such as life, resistances, or damage; so the actual question of what's better is complicated and very subjective.

"
Dreggon wrote:
Is the critical hit chance for a trap thrown with cluster trap calculated for each individual trap, or do they all get the same roll when they're thrown?

The critical chance roll is only made once, when the skill is used. However, whether the hit will be a critical strike is actually determined at the moment the skill hits an enemy, since the chance to crit can potentially be different for different enemies (think Assassin's Mark curse). In general, assuming completely identical enemies, either all targets will be crit, or none will. But this is not always the case.

Example
You use a skill, and the game rolls a random number between 1 and 100. Let's say 35.

One enemy is hit by the skill, and you have a 30% chance to crit against that enemy. Since the roll, 35, is more than the chance to crit, this enemy will not get crit.

But another enemy is cursed by a level 20 Assassin's Mark, so your critical hit chance against that enemy is 39%. Since that is more than your critical roll, this enemy will get crit by the skill.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 12, 2018, 1:29:36 AM
Sent an email to support and was told to post here.

"
Hi Support,

The POE Incursion Patch notes say:
"

The Merciless and Eternal Labyrinth Arc enchantments that grant additional chains now grants +1 to chain from the Merciless Labyrinth (down from 2) and +2 chains in the Eternal Labyrinth (down from +3). Existing enchantments won't change unless a Blessed Orb is used, so don't do that.

However there have been, as far as the reddit community can tell, zero +2 arc chain helmets found, and when you type the word arc into the stat filter on pathofexile.com/trade , only the 'additional time' one shows up.

Can you confirm that it exists?
"
_Multiplicity wrote:
Sent an email to support and was told to post here.

"
Hi Support,

The POE Incursion Patch notes say:
"

The Merciless and Eternal Labyrinth Arc enchantments that grant additional chains now grants +1 to chain from the Merciless Labyrinth (down from 2) and +2 chains in the Eternal Labyrinth (down from +3). Existing enchantments won't change unless a Blessed Orb is used, so don't do that.

However there have been, as far as the reddit community can tell, zero +2 arc chain helmets found, and when you type the word arc into the stat filter on pathofexile.com/trade , only the 'additional time' one shows up.

Can you confirm that it exists?

Datamined information from poedb.tw does not show a +2 chain enchantment. Both merciless and endgame enchantments are listed as "Arc Chains an additional time".

I suppose this could be definitively confirmed if someone gets the enchantment in endgame lab and it is only the +1 chain.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 12, 2018, 2:17:22 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Datamined information from poedb.tw does not show a +2 chain enchantment. Both merciless and endgame enchantments are listed as "Arc Chains an additional time".

I suppose this could be definitively confirmed if someone gets the enchantment in endgame lab and it is only the +1 chain.

Yeah I thought about referencing poedb.tw in the support email but since it's datamined that seemed non apropos.

I think they either reduced the uber lab enchant 1 too far, in which case I'd like them to fix it, or the patch notes are wrong.
Last edited by _Multiplicity on Jun 12, 2018, 3:08:53 AM
Will Leper Alms https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leper%27s_Alms work with Beacon of Ruin ascendancy node (elementalist)?
For example : If I'm frozen and my CWDT gem proc a skill, will my counter hit spread freeze to nearby enemies ?
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Jun 12, 2018, 10:11:23 AM
What happens with monster elemental resistances while I have EE if I hit it with orb of storms doing only lightning damage but afterwards I shield charge it and hit with all 3 elements? The orb of storms EE application is completely nullified?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
What happens with monster elemental resistances while I have EE if I hit it with orb of storms doing only lightning damage but afterwards I shield charge it and hit with all 3 elements? The orb of storms EE application is completely nullified?

Yes; the enemy would have +25% Resistance to all elemental resistances.

Although if the Orb of Storms remains active - and the enemy stays within range - it’ll soon switch back to +25% Lightning Resistance and -50% Fire & Cold Resistances.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info