Mechanical Questions Thread

"
We have new murderous jewells in Abbys league. Some of them say: "5% chance to taunt enemies on hit with attacks". Does it work with totems? Can they taunt enemies by using only these jewels?

Based on that wording, since it does not say Your attacks, then attacks from the Ranged Attack totem can count then, sounds like it. The taunt btw, will actually reduce damage taken by you then, since the totems were the source of the taunt.
My question is sticked to the mechanic of the threshold jewel called "Pitch of Darkness". It creates a burning ground that deals a certain amount of damage.
1. What are the modifiers of it's damage except elemental, fire, burning, global damage and DoT? As it is a secondary effect, will the prefix group like "Elemental damage with attacks" affect it?
2. What is the base damage of this ground? I saw something on poedb.tw, but it claims as "damage per minute". Is it a mistake or a correct value (so I'll just divide it by 60)?
P.S: I know about TarkeCat's video about this build but I just to see a clarification from GGG themselves.
Will be grateful for response of somebody like Mark.
"
AlexIMBA wrote:
My question is sticked to the mechanic of the threshold jewel called "Pitch of Darkness". It creates a burning ground that deals a certain amount of damage.
1. What are the modifiers of it's damage except elemental, fire, burning, global damage and DoT? As it is a secondary effect, will the prefix group like "Elemental damage with attacks" affect it?
2. What is the base damage of this ground? I saw something on poedb.tw, but it claims as "damage per minute". Is it a mistake or a correct value (so I'll just divide it by 60)?
P.S: I know about TarkeCat's video about this build but I just to see a clarification from GGG themselves.
Will be grateful for response of somebody like Mark.

It has the Duration modifier a well.

Yes, I’m that case probably devide by 60. And that should be Base Damage.
(nitpicks in this post)

"
Parzival1423 wrote:

Based on that wording, since it does not say Your attacks, then attacks from the Ranged Attack totem can count then, sounds like it. The taunt btw, will actually reduce damage taken by you then, since the totems were the source of the taunt.

"Your" is not a keyword. It has no mechanical connotations. Since I can't find the Mark_GGG post about it, I'll have to settle for Elemental Equilibrium as the disproving point here. Ever used a Totem with Elemental Equilibrium? "Enemies you Hit" with your totem get the element swaps just fine.

The operative distinction is whether or not modifiers apply to a skill, because Totems use your skills as if you were using them. In this case it is a little unclear from wording alone, so testing is the best way to solve it. Testing based on Champion nodes seems to indicate "taunt on hit" is indeed a skill-level modifier.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 4, 2018, 9:01:35 PM
Elder is dissapeared. after i killed Elder yestarday, i do like 50 maps and not elder maps. i have just 2 map with shaper influece, i kill "shaper" map and "shaper" just change map. 2 shaper map anytime NO ELDER influence. where is?
"
adghar wrote:
(nitpicks in this post)

"Your" is not a keyword. It has no mechanical connotations. Since I can't find the Mark_GGG post about it, I'll have to settle for Elemental Equilibrium as the disproving point here. Ever used a Totem with Elemental Equilibrium? "Enemies you Hit" with your totem get the element swaps just fine.

The operative distinction is whether or not modifiers apply to a skill, because Totems use your skills as if you were using them. In this case it is a little unclear from wording alone, so testing is the best way to solve it. Testing based on Champion nodes seems to indicate "taunt on hit" is indeed a skill-level modifier.

It’s not entirely unclear, since Equilbrium is a Keystone that raises Many questions on its own anyways, and yes I know totems are essentially an extension of your character. So when a jewel says “__ chance to *debuff* on Attack hit” I presume any attack made by you/anything closely related to you, mostly totems. Minions would be a different story, don’t know about those, I presume not, but wouldn’t be surprised if it worked.
Last edited by Parzival1423 on Feb 4, 2018, 10:55:09 PM
"
Parzival1423 wrote:
It’s not entirely unclear, since Equilbrium is a Keystone that raises Many questions on its own anyways, and yes I know totems are essentially an extension of your character. So when a jewel says “__ chance to *debuff* on Attack hit” I presume any attack made by you/anything closely related to you, mostly totems. Minions would be a different story, don’t know about those, I presume not, but wouldn’t be surprised if it worked.

The difference is that totems/traps/mines use your skills, so whatever applies to your skills will still apply when you use the skill through a proxy.

Minions use their own skills which are entirely separate from your skills, and not affected by your modifiers except for when explicitly mentioned.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 4, 2018, 11:55:40 PM
does "30% reduced Spell Damage taken from Blinded Enemies" from kongming's stratagem affect DoT?
"
keklolo wrote:
does "30% reduced Spell Damage taken from Blinded Enemies" from kongming's stratagem affect DoT?

No. Damage over Time is never Spell Damage.

Specific Spells have a special rule that applies Spell Damage modifiers to Damage over Time, but even for those Skills, the Damage over Time does not count as dealing Spell Damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 5, 2018, 12:44:17 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
keklolo wrote:

No. Damage over Time is never Spell Damage.

Specific Spells have a special rule that applies Spell Damage modifiers to Damage over Time, but even for those Skills, the Damage over Time does not count as dealing Spell Damage.

I’m genuinely curious where you got that information from, the first part. This is about Taking Damage, not how to scale DoT damage for yourself. I checked the entire wiki page on DoTs, and all I could find was the one obvious point, that Righteous Fire is not dealing spell damage otherwise it’s own multiplier would affect it.
However, again this is about Taking damage, in this case taking less of it while a condition is met. Let’s asume PvP But many skills are used by mobs. Skills such as a Blight, Contagion and Desecrate, all are definitely spells not attacks, and all deals only DoT. In what way would those skills Not be reduced? If anything the fact that the Unique doesn’t mention getting Hit that helps me assume that if the skill is tagged as a spell, from an enemy, it would be reduced if they are blind. The tagged as a spell thing would be important. For example Caustic arrow DoT is from an Attack.

Not that it matters as much, since the Unique in question has seen little use, however like I said, I’m curious where it has been said that DoT damage *taken* can’t be considered from a spell, ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info