Mechanical Questions Thread

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere but I could not find it. Will the 3.1 vaal pact still not apply to energy shield? The restriction is currently no insta-leech for ES but with instant leech going away will vaal pact now work with ES? Also, how will atziri's acuity be affected by the changes to 3.1?
Last edited by CarnageCain on Nov 20, 2017, 10:51:03 AM
"
CarnageCain wrote:
Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere but I could not find it. Will the 3.1 vaal pact still not apply to energy shield? The restriction is currently no insta-leech for ES but with instant leech going away will vaal pact now work with ES?

It's worded the same way as regular leech bonuses and they apply to ES so it will likely work, that's probably the reason they moved it to Duelist area, it will work but be too far.

We have no confirmation about their plans for Acuities but they can do whatever they like to it, it's an isolated mod so they could change it to spawn cats and rats on crit if they wanted. I assume it will do the same as VP but on crit and with no downside.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 20, 2017, 10:55:10 AM
Does pack size roll in maps increase the density of monsters in breaches?

Only thing I found about it was from uber breach race:

"
The Uber Breach property now also grants areas 100% increased Pack Size, this also applies to Breaches.

Was this specifically made to work with breaches or does pack size always affect breaches?
"
adghar wrote:
"
WolfShrike wrote:
is the blood magic keystone is not supposed to work with the Perfect Form + Artic Armour's "100% reduced mana reservation" tag?
Blood magic specifically says "spend life instead of mana" and perfect form says "100% reduced mana reservation for Arctic Armour"
the wording of BM and PF imply that Arctic Armour will cost 0 resources to cast but with blood magic allocated it reserves AA on life.

Any one able to explain this interaction?

Increased and Reduced modifiers stack additively

You are currently wearing:

on EyesOfTheWolf's right ring slot

The final modifier on that item is global (otherwise, it would be pointless, wouldn't it?)

thank you!

i tested it and the Ring does "push" my AA onto life. Im debating whether 269 life for Haste Aura is worth running current EHP is "Reserved 269 - life 5108/5377 - shield 0/0"

is there a way you can think of to run AA + Haste with 0 reserved? i was considering taking the "champion of the cause" or "sovereignty" cluster but don't know if the addition 269 life reserved is worth sweating over?
Build discussion is not really the focus of this thread :) Feel free to make a separate topic on it however, you'll probably get better responses that way.

(I would personally say Haste is not worth it; if it was Grace instead, heck yeah go for it)
Hi,
I have a question about some interaction regarding:
the Slayer's ascendancy Endless Hunger,
The Retch, Rustic Sash,
Atziri's Acuity, Vaal Gauntlets,

if I were to deal a Critical strike for 1000 damage post mitigation (resistances and all)
on a monster with 500 total Health, dealing it 500 "overkill" damage.
I would leech 20% of that 500 "overkill" damage as life.
the leech would be instant because of the Atziri's Acuity.
so and instantaneous leech of 100 life.

say I were missing 10 total life at that point,
retch gives 200% of life leeched applied to enemies as chaos damage,
here is the question,
since I recover 10 life from the leech would the retch apply 20 additional chaos damage or would it apply the whole 100 life's worth of chaos damage to monsters?
Hi.

I have some confusion so some answer from the officials will be appreciated.

1. I linked IIR gem and IIQ to contagion skill. I used contagion and then essence drain so that contagion will apply its IIR and IIQ effect since contagion get the kill for being applied first. What happens if I contagion, essence drain, AND contagion again? I can think of 2 possibilities:

- Contagion debuff refreshed but still count as the first to apply the degen
- Contagion replaced by new contagion and essence drain become the "new" oldest dot

(I'm guessing it would be the second case)

2. My offensive stats are applied to my totem / My totem is using my skill and stats. But what is considered offensive that the effect can apply to my totem? For example:

- Do my totem get my reduced reflected damage taken? (from Headsman ascendancy)
- Do my totem get stun immunity from bleeding while leeching? (from Brutal Fervour ascendancy)
- Do my totem poison cursed enemy if I'm using Cospri's Will?
- Do my totem gain any buff (like Onslaught) on kill (from Rapid Assault ascendancy)

Thank you for your time.
Since Rat's Nest reduces character size, this makes the character take more steps to cover the same distance (faster steps). When paired with Abberraths' Hooves, does this mean more procs per second?
Something that's been bugging me for a long time now.

Are the minion gem and support gem affixes for helmets mutually exclusive or is it just an absurdly rare thing to exalt +X to minion gems on one of Catarina's helmets? I ask because I have never seen a helmet that offers +1 to support gems and +1 or +2 to minion gems.
Why is not possible to adjust the width and brightness of a skill yet? I feel as though like flashy builds are impossible to play if you have sensititive eyes but you like the playstyle.

I'd love to play discharge but I simply am not able to because my eyes literally hurt for days If I look at this ultra bright skill for more then a minute.
( People will say, play something else. But I don't want to play something else allright)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info