Mechanical Questions Thread

Questions:

1) Are `extra damage from critical strikes` modifiers (A) applies before `damage reduction by armor` calculation or (B) applies after `damage reduction by armor` calculation, but before `damage taken` modifiers applying or (C) after all 'damage taken' applying?

2) If attacker has `hits cant be evaded`, defender can still `dodge` this hit. Is it right?

3) If attacker has 'hits cant be evaded`, can his critical hit be downgraded to normal hit by target's evasion?

4) if attacker attacks with `Trypanon` with its 'all attacks are critical`, can his hit be downgraded to normal hit by target's evasion?
"
trympyrym2 wrote:
Questions:

1) Are `extra damage from critical strikes` modifiers (A) applies before `damage reduction by armor` calculation or (B) applies after `damage reduction by armor` calculation, but before `damage taken` modifiers applying or (C) after all 'damage taken' applying?

2) If attacker has `hits cant be evaded`, defender can still `dodge` this hit. Is it right?

3) If attacker has 'hits cant be evaded`, can his critical hit be downgraded to normal hit by target's evasion?

4) if attacker attacks with `Trypanon` with its 'all attacks are critical`, can his hit be downgraded to normal hit by target's evasion?

1) The hit's damage potential is determined before applying mitigation to it.

2) Right, dodge is separate from evade.

3) No, his crit threat roll will always confirm into a crit.

4) No, Trypannon bypasses the check and deals automatic critical strikes.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
trympyrym2 wrote:
Questions:

1) The hit's damage potential is determined before applying mitigation to it..

I dont think we are talking about the same thing. My question is about defender's modifiers like `You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes` on `Belt of the Deceiver`, not about attacker's crit multiplier modifiers.
"
trympyrym2 wrote:
I dont think we are talking about the same thing. My question is about defender's modifiers like `You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes` on `Belt of the Deceiver`, not about attacker's crit multiplier modifiers.

Then we aren't, right. It's applied along with other modifiers to damage taken, for instance if you got belt of deceiver and another 20% reduced damage taken from fortify you will have 20% reduction on the main part and 50% reduction on extra damage.

Questions again:

I have some info about `Sunder`:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Sunder only needs to pass an evasion check to cause a shockwave on a specific enemy - the shockwave will hit all enemies in it's range, regardless of evasion.

And I have some questions:
1) If sunder's main hit passed all checks, can its shockwave be dodged?
2) If sunder's main hit and shockwave both crits, do they have independent crit confirmation?

3) and 4) same questions about `frost blades` (or maybe frost blades projectiles has independent hit/miss evasion checks?)

5) and 6) same questions about `lightning strike` (in case of initial melee attack hits target, not ground)
again questions:

1) Does `cannot evade enemy attack` means you always confirm enemy's crit?

2) Does `chance to hit` itself capped by 5% and 95%, or this limits are used only on final `chance to evade`?
1. Yes, dodge is rolled for every hit independently.

2. Yes, crit confirmation is rolled independently for each hit that can be upgraded into a crit.

3, 4. Yes.

5. If the melee attack hits, projectiles will autoconfirm crits, but it's a separate roll, right, melee hit can fail to confirm.

Second set

1. Yes. As you can see, there's a pattern here.

2. It's capped.

Hi,

I have a question about curses and resistances.

I play a scion. I choose Ascendant -> Guardian. This gives me "25% reduced Effect of Curses on You". I use 2 Kikazaru. Those give me 2 * "40% reduced Effect of Curses on You". I have 105% reduced Effect of Curses on me in total.

Q 1: I am immune to curses, right?
Q 2: Is there a way how enemies could reduce my resistances?
Q 3: Would it be usefull in any way to overcap resistances in my situation?

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you in advance for your help!
1. Unaffected, not immune. The debuff will still be applied, but it will confer no penalties. This is relevant for items such as Self-flagellation.

2. Yes. Frost Bomb, Elemental Equilibrium, and various Essence modifiers can apply non-Curse related Resistance modifiers.

3. Not really, the aforementioned effects are rare. From memory, 20% overcaps against most if not all of the Essence effects, and is 100% certain enough vs. Frost Bomb.
This is a question about the new corpse exploding and spawning skills...

Cremate, Detonate Dead, and Volatile Dead all deal damage based off a corpse's health. That means that if you were to kill your own minions, you could augment the damage of the corpse exploding skill using "increased minion health" modifiers.

So here's my question: does "increased minion health" apply to corpses created by Unearth and Desecrate? Or is the minion health only modified when the corpse is raised as "your" minion?
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Dec 3, 2017, 12:07:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info