Mechanical Questions Thread

Does Gang's Momentum Legion's Boots damage amplifier apply to SRS as well?
"
KunAgnis wrote:
Does Gang's Momentum Legion's Boots damage amplifier apply to SRS as well?

No, they're floating so they don't need legs and don't have anything to wear the boots on even if you could equip them some.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Does IIR, IIQ gems work with this setup: Speaker's Wreath (minions can't kill with hits because no enemies are ignited) + minion + Decay?
IGN: Drusek
"
Drusek wrote:
Does IIR, IIQ gems work with this setup: Speaker's Wreath (minions can't kill with hits because no enemies are ignited) + minion + Decay?

Yes. Monsters killed by your minions use the sum of your IIQ/R and IIQ/R of the minion to determine drops.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Nov 17, 2017, 6:05:36 PM
tell me who knows the cane can sell the headhunter belt in the 1st act?
Storm Burst and On Hit effects

Does each ball cast count as a "hit" for on hit effects like the gem that gives +energy shield per enemy hit?

Do the explosions count as hits?

Or are there no actual hits because its a channeled skill ala scorching ray?
"
Korenth wrote:

Does each ball cast count as a "hit" for on hit effects like the gem that gives +energy shield per enemy hit?

The explosions hit just fine, but last I checked, the jewels specify "Attack," and Storm Burst is most certainly not an "Attack," it is a Spell.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Korenth wrote:

The explosions hit just fine, but last I checked, the jewels specify "Attack," and Storm Burst is most certainly not an "Attack," it is a Spell.

That's a good point...I need to go look at those jewels again...thanks for the insight!
"
adghar wrote:
"
Korenth wrote:

Just confirming that Storm Burst does "hit." I've got a Duelist using Storm Burst + Cast While Channeling + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Ball Lightning and dual-wielding the Cybil's Paw claws which restore life on hit with spells, and he's damn near immortal to anything that doesn't one-shot him.

On a personal note, I'd like some clarification as to how reduced curse effect mods work, especially in conjunction with the Punishment curse.

The way the text on items like Kikazaru and passives like Time of Need could be interpreted two ways.
#1 The effect applied to you by curses you've been hit with are reduced.
#2 The effect of curses you've been hit with have been reduced.

Likewise with the Punishment curse applying a damage buff to characters struck by the cursed individual there are two possible scenarios.
#1 The value of the damage bonus is considered an "effect" applied to the cursed individual.
#2 The damage buff is an effect applied to the struck character.

That leaves four possible scenarios, and in three of those a character with 100% reduction in curse effect won't give mobs a damage buff while under the effects of Punishment. Either the curse's effects are reduced by 100% and thus who it is applied to is irrelevant, or the damage value is an effect assigned to the player in which case a 100% reduction means that mobs would get a 0% damage buff if anything.

The remaining situation, however, is that the damage buff is an effect applied to the struck character and that items like Kikazaru only reduce a curse's effects as they are applied to the player.

So I'm just curious as to which is the actual functionality in both either/or cases of curse effect reduction and Punishment. Do curse reduction bonuses apply to the curses period or only to the effects of curses as they are applied to players, and is the value for the damage buff from Punishment an "effect" on the cursed individual or the characters they hit with melee attacks?
Last edited by Marikhen on Nov 19, 2017, 11:50:13 PM
Punishment's Buff scales with Curse Effect modifiers on the recipient of the Curse. If you have 100% Reduced Effect of Curses, then the Punishment Buff you apply while Cursed has a zero-second duration/etc. (the duration also scales with Curse Effect!).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info