Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
wafengge1 wrote:
May I ask why spell have an additional projectile doesn't work on Summon Flame Golem when i use Snakepit, Sapphire Ring?

Same reason they don't get Life or Resists from your Rings: Minions are not you - your modifiers do not apply to Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise.

thanks,but I already undestand that.

What does the spell mean in the sunmon flame golem tag,it doesn't make any difference from the description of rings。
Gem tags are only used to determine what Socketed Gems modifiers apply; the Flame Golem Gem would benefit from +1 Level to Socketed Spell Gems, for example.
You have the Ring equipped. Your spells fire an additional projectile; summoning the Golem counts as casting a Spell, but there's no projectiles to add. The golem does not have Snakepit. Its spells do fire additional projectiles.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 10, 2017, 6:33:30 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Gem tags are only used to determine what Socketed Gems modifiers apply; the Flame Golem Gem would benefit from +1 Level to Socketed Spell Gems, for example.
You have the Ring equipped. Your spells fire an additional projectile; summoning the Golem counts as casting a Spell, but there's no projectiles to add. The golem does not have Snakepit. Its spells do fire additional projectiles.

OH,thanks.that makes sense。 the Ring were useless to the golem, because the projection of the golem doesnt fire by my character.
+ Tukohama, War's Herald

It states that skills used by totems have a 20% chance to taunt, does this work for minions summoned by the totems? (if not, why? PoE seems to drift further and further away from its core values..)

____

+ Essence of Hysteria

on gloves does not seem to work for socketed minions, is this a bug or WAI?

____

+ Illuminated Devotion

does it work for socketed minions?

"
+ Tukohama, War's Herald

It states that skills used by totems have a 20% chance to taunt, does this work for minions summoned by the totems? (if not, why? PoE seems to drift further and further away from its core values..)

____

+ Essence of Hysteria

____

+ Illuminated Devotion

It says 'skills used by totems', skills that minions use are not used by the totem.

Illuminated devotion works fine, are you sure that Hysteria gloves don't? That mod works on minions so it would be a bug.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 10, 2017, 8:10:54 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
+ Tukohama, War's Herald

____

+ Essence of Hysteria

____

+ Illuminated Devotion

It says 'skills used by totems', skills that minions use are not used by the totem.

Illuminated devotion works fine, are you sure that Hysteria gloves don't? That mod works on minions so it would be a bug.

The totem uses the minion skill, therefore it would seem logic that the minion inherits the taunt.

Ive tested Hysteria every league since it came out and it made no difference even tho it would nearly double the base dps. Other people claimed that it works but their clear looks as bad as a 4L animate would indicate.
"
The totem uses the minion skill, therefore it would seem logic that the minion inherits the taunt.

Ive tested Hysteria every league since it came out and it made no difference even tho it would nearly double the base dps. Other people claimed that it works but their clear looks as bad as a 4L animate would indicate.

That's the same as expecting Champion's taunt on hit passive to work on the minions that he summons.

Well, as I said, the mod on Hysteria gloves is confirmed to work on minions, whether it's good or not is another story, some minions don't scale added damage well.

"
raics wrote:
"

That's the same as expecting Champion's taunt on hit passive to work on the minions that he summons.

Well, as I said, the mod on Hysteria gloves is confirmed to work on minions, whether it's good or not is another story, some minions don't scale added damage well.

Tukohama explicitly states "SKILLS used by totems have a 20% chance to taunt" and minions are skills. While Champion states "25% chance to taunt on hit" which makes it clear that this is a personal proc.

I am not talking about Hysteria performing badly, i talk about it having no noticable impact at all on skills that scale almost purely by adding ele damage when the supposedly added damage would double the added ele damage.
"
Tukohama explicitly states "SKILLS used by totems have a 20% chance to taunt" and minions are skills. While Champion states "25% chance to taunt on hit" which makes it clear that this is a personal proc.

I am not talking about Hysteria performing badly, i talk about it having no noticable impact at all on skills that scale almost purely by adding ele damage when the supposedly added damage would double the added ele damage.

Indeed it does, the answer is implicit though, normal attack is also a skill when noncategorized bonuses are concerned and you can't apply an on hit effect without hitting so this is correct too:
"skills used by totems have a 20% chance to taunt on hit"
"skills have 25% chance to taunt on hit"
The only difference is that the first applies to totems and the second one to you and totems.

Have you tried linking, dunno, added cold instead of using the gloves? If the performance is similar everything works as intended and it's just a crappy way to scale the skill, use a level 1 minion gem to reduce damage variance.

One more (new) thing... I found threads about this that were mostly from 2016, so before the recent Scion rework.

I just got the Raider ascendancy on my Scion, and as I use Frenzy as my main melee attack skill, I should have onslaught on almost 24/7. However, there is no buff indicator, or the "blades" animation around the character. I think it's working properly, but since I already have fairly insane attack speed + multistrike, it's not that easy to tell.

So is this working as intended and probably works fine? Also, does this stack with Onslaught from other sources? I also have Onslaught support on Tempest Shield ("cuz y not lol"), and I'm pretty sure I saw the buff kick in a few times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info