Mechanical Questions Thread

Hello I have a question about the Ruthless gem and its interactions with other gems. The green txt for the gem states that every third usage of an active skill procs ruthless blows, but the other txts states that every thirds attack procs ruthless blows. So my question is which is it. For instance if i use Blade Flurry does ever third usage of the skill proc ruthless blows on all of the channeling of that skill? If i am using cyclone does every third use proc ruthless for its entire duration? Or does every third attack proc it ( in Bladeflurry case would that be each instance of the channel stack?)
"
Valcrion wrote:
Hello I have a question about the Ruthless gem and its interactions with other gems. The green txt for the gem states that every third usage of an active skill procs ruthless blows, but the other txts states that every thirds attack procs ruthless blows. So my question is which is it. For instance if i use Blade Flurry does ever third usage of the skill proc ruthless blows on all of the channeling of that skill? If i am using cyclone does every third use proc ruthless for its entire duration? Or does every third attack proc it ( in Bladeflurry case would that be each instance of the channel stack?)

im pretty sure its 3rd attack

but i have a question too there are several things based on max charge procs now lets say if have tullfall and malachai's loop which one takes priority or do i get both?
Ancient orb questions:
1) Is the chance for items re-rolled even or is it weighted?
2) How does item level interact with ancient orb? Is the number of possible uniques limited by item level? If so, what if there is only one unique item due to limit by item level?
3) How does it work for league specific items? Do you need to be in league-specific area or it doesn't work at all?
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Hy,

i understand the increased mechanics within a damage type, but i have problems to get how if differenet damage types are multiplicative with each other or if the increased mechanic combines all damage types.
For example righterous fire does burning, elemental, fire, over time and area damage. Lets say you have +100% !increased! damage for each of these damage 5 types (100% increased burning, 100% increased elemantal, ...)
What is the final multiplier?
6 , because each type adds 100% damage to a total of +500% damage
or
2^5=32 , because each damage type is a multiplier (and each doubles the damage)

thanks for your time.
It's all Increased Damage of some type or another, so it's all additive: +500%
Hey!

Serious Q, "lightning damage always shock on critical strike"

Does this also apply to any skill gem used with Phys to Lightning Support when you get a critical strike?

Best regards.
"
KingCanario wrote:
Serious Q, "lightning damage always shock on critical strike"
Does this also apply to any skill gem used with Phys to Lightning Support when you get a critical strike?

Lightning Damage is Lightning Damage, so yes.
I'm currently level 46 and things are going swell so far. I have the core path of my tree made now, and I'm at the point where it's time to start seriously investing in stat nodes.

But I'm not sure how to proceed to make leveling the easiest. Basically, should I go to life nodes before damage nodes, or damage nodes first, or evenly between the two as I level? The other nodes I want to invest in are block nodes, so I'm not sure when to make use of them (probably after I get the 100% block applies to spells ascendancy). Lastly, I'm thinking of having around 3% life leech, but is that enough to be significant or should I just ignore it altogether if it's going to be that low.

Also, if anyone has a general suggestion, what % of life increase and damage increase should my tree provide me when I hit 70? I'm a poison/bleed sunder gladiator, and let's just say I have average equipment in the grand scheme of things. Sorry I can't be more specific on that.
Hey Mark, the question i have in mind:
Does cyclone "cast" rolls one time for bleed or not, and if it rolls, does it apply bleed until that cast(action) has ended or it rolls change to bleed per hit it does while hitting enemies?
Usually i would go with simple logic that it applies per hit, but this is PoE after all.. :P

Basically what i have in mind is that the former if i have 50% chance to apply bleed but during the cast it doesn't roll so I'll miss the bleed with every hit I do on enemies until the cast is done, the later is simple each hit rolls the 50% chance to apply bleed.

Reason that Im asking this is that Im using Crimson dance with Cyclone.
Last edited by South_North on Aug 8, 2017, 11:20:41 AM
Since the wording on Drillneck is changed in 3.0 from projectile to arrow damage, does it still apply bonus damage to Shrapnel Shot's cone AOE damage ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info